Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Subs Power

Default Re: Launcher Subs Ready

Oops, that was meant for an entirely different board and somehow ended up here. It was, however, about a question I meant to post here and will once I manage to get it through the filter. Please delete.

Dear HusserlTW,

I am new to Total War Center, but not to this mod. First of all, thanks for this very helpful update! I look forward to more easily integrating sub-mods into the game. However, in the meantime, I seem to be having trouble with the installation process. I extracted the files and clicked "Yes to All" when asked about replacing existing files. I then also installed Zone of Recruitment as instructed on its page. Before updating the launcher/installing Zone of Recruitment, the game was working splendidly. Now, however, the game consistently crashes during the loading screen, no matter what campaign I choose or whether I enable sub-mods at all.

I have not installed any other sub-mods, so my issue should be unrelated to that brought up by those having trouble with the steam ships. Do you, or does anyone else, have any suggestions for me to address this problem?

Thank you for your help and all of your fantastic work!

Best,

Aspen

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AspenIvan View Post
    Dear HusserlTW,

I am new to Total War Center, but not to this mod. First of all, thanks for this very helpful update! I look forward to more easily integrating sub-mods into the game. However, in the meantime, I seem to be having trouble with the installation process. I extracted the files and clicked "Yes to All" when asked about replacing existing files. I then also installed Zone of Recruitment as instructed on its page. Before updating the launcher/installing Zone of Recruitment, the game was working splendidly. Now, however, the game consistently crashes during the loading screen, no matter what campaign I choose or whether I enable sub-mods at all.

I have not installed any other sub-mods, so my issue should be unrelated to that brought up by those having trouble with the steam ships. Do you, or does anyone else, have any suggestions for me to address this problem?

Thank you for your help and all of your fantastic work!

Best,

Aspen
    @Aspen

All I can say is that you made some kind of mistake during the installation of the launcher and the ZoR submod... in this particular case, if you don't provide the acw_log.txt (you can find instruction on how to find it in the Technical Help Thread) all I can suggest is to remove the ACW completely from your pc, verify the integrity of the ETW via Steam and then repeat the installation... but be careful to follow all of the instructions to the letter...

if this doesn't help, please do post the log and we will see what can be done,

regards

MM

Default Re: Subs Power

Launcher Subs Ready has been renamed to Subs Power and updated.

nice!

I can t start the setup. When I try comes the the message: "The central directory was not found in the archive (or you were trying to open not the last disk of a multi-disk archive)"

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

It seems the music in the last version of the launcher is unturnoffable. The tick is on off and stays there, but music still plays every time.
    While I like Ashokan Farewell just fine, it might come out of favour if heard too often

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Quote Originally Posted by phoen!x View Post
    I can t start the setup. When I try comes the the message: "The central directory was not found in the archive (or you were trying to open not the last disk of a multi-disk archive)"
    Do you decompress using 7zip?

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    It seems the music in the last version of the launcher is unturnoffable. The tick is on off and stays there, but music still plays every time.
    While I like Ashokan Farewell just fine, it might come out of favour if heard too often
    No such problem here.

Do you spend so much time in launcher? Go in your ...\Empire Total War\ACW\data and open ACW.ini. Check first if there is an Audio line in [ACW] section (it should be the first one). If there is change 1 to 0. If there is not add Audio=0. Restart your luncher and test.

Audio=0, music still plays. If I tick off in audio it stops. But on relaunch it plays again.
    Maybe the song just likes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Audio=0, music still plays. If I tick off in audio it stops. But on relaunch it plays again.
    Maybe the song just likes me.
    You were right, I found the problem. It occurs when you have enabled auto start (default is enabled). I'll fix that in a next update.

Update with a couple of fixes about reported bugs.

Works like a charm, thank you.

Hello
    I would like to ask that why when I install this it didn't show the path automatically?
    I have never installed ACW in any version.
    I install steam in Drive D so which folder do I need to choose?

I have a problem opening the file for the sub launcher or the 3.5 open beta. I had no problem opening the 3.4 file, but the other two need some sort of program to open. I receive the "windows cannot open this file." Is there a fix for this?

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Icon1 Re: Subs Power

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire0416 View Post
    I have a problem opening the file for the sub launcher or the 3.5 open beta. I had no problem opening the 3.4 file, but the other two need some sort of program to open. I receive the "windows cannot open this file." Is there a fix for this?
    1. Download 7zip or WinRAR

• WinRAR and 7zip are file archiver with a high compression ratio.

2. Extract the files with 7zip or WinRAR
    3. Install Launcher via subspwr setup
    4. Install 3.5 via ZoR setup
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; June 28, 2013 at 12:25 AM.

I am having a problem unzipping the Subs Power launcher. My computer doesn't seem to know what program to open that file with or the 3.5 open beta file. I didn't have this problem with the 3.4 or 3.41 patch. Can someone help with that?

Sorry about that just now saw the reply. I will give it a shot.

Thank you so much. It works like a charm. Occasional crashes in battle, but I think that is fixed that with the smoke mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire0416 View Post
    Thank you so much. It works like a charm. Occasional crashes in battle, but I think that is fixed that with the smoke mod.
    Please tell me which smoke mod did solve that problem? I have the same problem
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

If you go to the smoke mods page, I just used the first one on the list for lighter smoke. Although now I am having other problems. I think I will re install everything and see if that fixes it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast