Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Subs Power

Default Subs Power

Subs Power is the main launcher of ACW updated with the official ACW submods/addons starters so you can enable/disable them easily with one click. Download and extract the subspwr_setup.7z. Run subspwr_setup.exe following onscreen instructions. No prior actions are needed. Installer will detect automatically the installing path and prepare the ACW installation.

Then go to the submod/addon thread you want added, download it and install it following the modders instructions. When you are ready start ACW and in SubMods menu select your submod/addon to enable/disable it. After installation all sub-mods are set to disable. The same is happening if you close ACW launcher and select Restore Vanilla. Next time you will start ACW you have to enable them again.

The current version of Launcher is for ACW v. 3.4.1 and includes:
    1. The Fonts mod of Just, which enlarges the fonts of the onscreen texts !

2. German localisation files.

Update 3.4.1-3 --- 15/03/2013

* Fixed an issue with the audio where audio could not be disabled if auto start was enebled.
    * Fixed an issue with restoring vanilla that could cause a CTD in next ACW launch.
    * Fixed an issue where script editor could not delte a single entry in user script (if it is the only one present).
    * Improved installing speed
    * A couple of minor changes

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e9jbe2jpdii2csc

Last edited by husserlTW; March 15, 2013 at 09:48 AM.

Default Re: Launcher Subs Ready

this is going to be very helpful. downloading now!

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Icon1 Re: Launcher Subs Ready

To optimise something can be judged only as good. I find it is so better. A light entrance is allowed to inexperienced Mod players.

Thank you very much!

Thanks!

@ Chieftain John K.

What is the status of your german localisation file?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Thanks!

@ Chieftain John K.

What is the status of your german localisation file?
    Generals confederates/union are completely translated.
    Units confederates are completely translated.
    Faction description completely translated.
    Units union are 50 percent translated.
    Then there come the buildings, menus and the other.
    Updates are offered consistently!
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; August 05, 2012 at 09:59 PM.

Updated for the ZoR mod.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Thank you

Won't you update this for Steamship mod? o.O
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Murat ÖZCAN View Post
    Won't you update this for Steamship mod? o.O
    it already is made for Steam-ship mod also... three mods included.

• bigger fonts mod
    • steam-ship mod
    • ZoR

It says "This mod is not available yet"
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

Laetus

i downloaded and installed ACW a week ago, then today after playing it i downloaded and install Subready launcher and steamship mod, after that ACW wouldn't work anymore everytime i would start the game it would say items in data file are neither vanilla or non vanilla. then i started it anyway and it crashed so i started it again, same message again it crashed, then i rebooted, started ACW again, it crashed again, then i uninstalled it and rebooted, reinstalled it and it still doesnt work any ideas?

Before installing a sub mod or unintsall ACW you have to restore vanilla status.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_of_Hyrule View Post
    i downloaded and installed ACW a week ago, then today after playing it i downloaded and install Subready launcher and steamship mod, after that ACW wouldn't work anymore everytime i would start the game it would say items in data file are neither vanilla or non vanilla. then i started it anyway and it crashed so i started it again, same message again it crashed, then i rebooted, started ACW again, it crashed again, then i uninstalled it and rebooted, reinstalled it and it still doesnt work any ideas?
    Hi Master, did you make it to solve your issue? I had the same problem yesterday (by the way, I still don't have a clear idea about how to install the steam ship mod...).

I enabled the userscript for steamship mod thru subready launcher and continued to have chrashes until I found and removed manually the userscript txt file itself. Now all is ok, yet no steamships...

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me to finally understand how to enable the steamship mod with subready launcher; I've been playing ACW (with ZOR enabled) for the first time during the last couple of days and it is really one of my best experiences ever in Empire and Nap to date (I'm used to deeply modify db files to meet my standards of gameplay and "historic likelyhood", yet ACW-ZOR is really perfect as it is to me!...), so it would be really great to have steamships too...!!

Thanks in advance for any help the community could provide.
    Carlo

How exactly do you install the steamships submod with this? I think I did it right but when I try to check the submod in the menu it says 'mod not yet available'.

Exactly the same issue here...

Quote Originally Posted by Murat ÖZCAN View Post
    It says "This mod is not available yet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_of_Hyrule View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Hi Master, did you make it to solve your issue? I had the same problem yesterday (by the way, I still don't have a clear idea about how to install the steam ship mod...).

I enabled the userscript for steamship mod thru subready launcher and continued to have chrashes until I found and removed manually the userscript txt file itself. Now all is ok, yet no steamships...

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me to finally understand how to enable the steamship mod with subready launcher; I've been playing ACW (with ZOR enabled) for the first time during the last couple of days and it is really one of my best experiences ever in Empire and Nap to date (I'm used to deeply modify db files to meet my standards of gameplay and "historic likelyhood", yet ACW-ZOR is really perfect as it is to me!...), so it would be really great to have steamships too...!!

Thanks in advance for any help the community could provide.
    Carlo
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupanibre View Post
    How exactly do you install the steamships submod with this? I think I did it right but when I try to check the submod in the menu it says 'mod not yet available'.
    Exactly the same issue here...
    ACW 3.4.1 + SteamShip + ZoR begins with me easily if I this follows:
    First Install: ACW 3.4 + Patch 3.4.1 + SteamShip Mod + Launcher Subs Ready + ZoR 4.0
    Then:
    1. Remove the bg_steamship pack file from ETW folder to desktop.
    2. Then start up launcher (update to 3.4.1) without bg_steamship pack.
    3. When the launcher is open move the bg_steamship pack file into ETW-data folder
    4. Now u have give the order to start up the steamship mod by hand
    5. Start with CS/US
    Then it should work. I have no problems. I can build steamships. Everything functions. Plays also with ZoR.
    I make blockades and troop landings and it is an important element of the strategy

I can`t use the Launcher Subs Ready for SteamShip too: Mod is not yet available, but i can start up the steamship mod by hand

I hope I could help!
    Best regards Chieftain John K.
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; September 22, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Dear Chieftain, thank you so much for this thorough and helpful explaination; it definitely made me understand what to do.
    I was wondering how to keep ZOR data and stats while Steamship mod was loaded by the laucher and this solves my concerns.
    Will give it a spin asap, possibly tonight.

Best regards,
    Carlo

Dear Chieftain, thank you so much for this thorough and helpful explaination; it definitely made me understand what to do.
    I was wondering how to keep ZOR data and stats while Steamship mod was loaded by the laucher and this solves my concerns.
    Will give it a spin asap, possibly tonight.

Best regards,
    Carlo
    No problem,
    I think this explained itself as follows. Steamship Mod updates ACW 3.4.1 bg_db, bg_cs_wpath, bg_us_wpath and has specially one more pack file called bg_steamship. However, bg_steamship is not loaded automatically by start launcher in the ETW data folder and must be inserted by hand. Otherwise do not load (Game Crash)

I already explained this!
    1. Remove the bg_steamship pack file from ETW folder to desktop.
    2. Then start up launcher (update to 3.4.1) without bg_steamship pack.
    3. When the launcher is open move the bg_steamship pack file into ETW-data folder
    4. Now u have give the order to start up the steamship mod by hand
    5. Start with CS/US

ZoR has specially (bg_db) called bg_MM_ZoR. Therefore, everything starts with me perfectly. ZoR starts automatically by Launcher Subs Ready if activated. Steamship Mod functions about updated ACW 3.4.1 bg_db + give the order to start up the bg_steamship pack file by hand. Everybody pack files are conflictfree therefore.
    I hope I could explain it
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; September 24, 2012 at 05:30 AM.

Sorry for this misunderstanding sir, it was my fault... unfortunately my broken english made me express myself in a wrong way...

Actually I was already done with your previous explaination; it enlightened me enough about how to overcome my concerns about ZOR and Steamships mod compatibility (I'm used to open mod files to see what's inside, so I was aware that ZOR db unit files had more entries than 3.4.1. ones used for Steamship).

I was just trying to say that your help made me solve my main question, yet I wrote it down so poorly that I must admit it looked like I still had concerns...!

Anyway, I'm really happy you replied; I appreciated all the details really much, they reinforced my understanding of the thing and gave me precious additional knowledge.

Many, many thanks for your extremely kind support and best regards!
    Carlo

I also posted a seemingly harmless message that fits into that category, which is frustrating because I need a very specific problem addressed and would rather not contrive four posts before asking about it. I understand the need for spam prevention and the desire to encourage all members to contribute to the community, but it might be nice if eventually either a more discerning or a more transparent spam filter is applied.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast