Thread: MAKE A SUBMOD/ADDON for ACW!

Default MAKE A SUBMOD/ADDON for ACW!

If you have an idea and some modding skills, make it a sub mod for ACW. The ACW team will help you in your effort. If you lack of modding skills post your idea as a WIP, maybe some other fun will make it a submod.

After you make your sub mod, if a) it works with no problem, b) you support it, it will get the official award of ACW Sub Mod and it will be included iin ACW as a submod, addon, etc.

Last edited by Minas Moth; January 12, 2013 at 07:59 AM.

Default Re: MAKE A SUBMOD/ADDON for ACW!

Actually, I'd like to mod my own game version, and I'd like to know where to find the units, so that I might edit some of their stats.

Please keep in mind I'm new to the whole "modding" thing and not very good at it, so if I say something stupid, do tell. Is there a special program I need to download to mod? Anything I need to keep in mind whilst modding?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Well, you need the PFM

PFM?

Pack File Manager
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397597

Edit my Steamship Mod works fine now but only warpath version!
    Last edited by [NC]Master; December 03, 2012 at 08:02 AM.

I have it, but how do I use it?

X that, after studyingit for a couple hours I've to one of two conclusions;

1) It's so easy my pet monkey Gibbles (pronounced like a "j") could rewrite it, or
    2) I'm doing it wrong and the game is about to develop a consciousness and turn on me.

And if you would be so kind as to direct me to where I might find such things as unit accuracy, rate of fire, number of a certain unit on the campaign map, and men per unit, I'd be very happy (I'm having trouble finding them.

X that, found it, this'll be fun. I've also changed a few other things, and why does all the arty have the same model? Excepting the whitworth artillery piece and our good friend the Gatling Gun. I've also decided to make some of my dragoons missle cav (it was rare, not un-heard of to fire from horse back and really there were repeaters around, like the Spencer Carbines), Howitzers get an accuracy boost (seriously 20?), cannon crews get pistols as melee weapons (as they were equiped I believe) as do generals, however since I lack the skill, their swords will be shooting. Various tidbits here and there, units now start bayonets, have all defence things, stuff like that.

For some reason, some of the changes I'm making aren't applying, for instance when I change the number of units allowed in a quick battle scenario, it stays the same. Any theories?

I was trying to change some Diplomacy/Regions/Victory conditions with the Easy Esf tool, but changes are not applying (Esf file is exactly the same, not rebuild one).
    Any ideas ?

Do you think this method will work with ACW,and ZOR more specifically? Thank you.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=524257

Possibly, I don't have the time to check but I will some other time.

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Icon10 Re: MAKE A SUBMOD/ADDON for ACW!

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    If you have an idea and some modding skills, make it a sub mod for ACW. The ACW team will help you in your effort. If you lack of modding skills post your idea as a WIP, maybe some other fun will make it a submod.

After you make your sub mod, if a) it works with no problem, b) you support it, it will get the official award of ACW Sub Mod and it will be included iin ACW as a submod, addon, etc.

The Chief's compilation (v.1.0) is small add-on for American Civil War mod (only version 3.4.1 and only for Warpath campaign). Where is my award of ACW Sub Mod?

The Chief's compilation (v.1.0) is small add-on for American Civil War mod (only version 3.4.1 and only for Warpath campaign). Where is my award of ACW Sub Mod?
    Hahah you are right give him his damn earned award... Well at least you can get my Respect for your work! And really i want a small award too for my Ship Mod So give us our damn awards or at least a reward xd

I have pack file manager and all and I want to get into modding,But where do I start? I would live to contribute to this but HOW!?!? As in what should I learn to actually be able to mod? In other words,Im in need of a sort of tutorial.

My main idea was to experiment with the NTW and S2FOTS Ship models.

Hey guys, nice mod.
    One question tough,
    how do you unlock the other campaign maps?
    I am planning a submod for this wonderful game, but I need the other campaign maps.
    I hope someone can help.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Hey guys, nice mod.
    One question tough,
    how do you unlock the other campaign maps?
    I am planning a submod for this wonderful game, but I need the other campaign maps.
    I hope someone can help.

I would love to conquer the world with as the CSA

l