Thread: You guys..

Default You guys..

..are ing amazing.

I don't think I could have asked for a better mod for my favorite game of all time.

and yes, I made an account just to say this.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Default Re: You guys..

I just read through that post waiting for the word "but" to appear. Pleasantly surprised that it didn't, I'm really glad you're enjoying it.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Pretty tempted to start an AAR.

The scope of some of the wars going on in my game.. they're book worthy. You guys did an amazing job, my hat to you, sir.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Freke View Post
    Pretty tempted to start an AAR.

The scope of some of the wars going on in my game.. they're book worthy. You guys did an amazing job, my hat to you, sir.
    well, you can always read warhammer books if you want

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

I'd love to see any AARs, that'd be fantastic!
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

I figured it wasn't necessary to start a new thread so here goes:

Are you guys still currently developing this mod?
    Also, are all the crashes due to the strain on Rome's engine?
    Why do my saves become corrupt and unusable when I do crash?

Kinda makes it hard to enjoy this game if I could crash at any moment and lose all my progress. :|

I haven't done any work on it in quite some time, mainly because there doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest in it (plus the whole doing a degree thing). I could be persuaded to take another look at it if there was more interest but not that many people seem to want to play RTW mods any more.

We don't know why a lot of the instabilities occur, I'm going to be wholly honest. It's not engine strain per se, it's some kind of underlying fault, but whatever it is seems to be quite a difficult thing to prevent.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Of course there's no interest in it because everyone thinks it's dead when you disappear into the warp all the time
    btw, the link in your sig goes to the old exilian forums
    Last edited by Hopit; January 29, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

I think that with some more publicity. And greater content than the current leading Total War - Warhammer mods. This Mod an become extremely popular, and could possibly reignite interest in Rome Modding.

Fixed my sig, thanks for the heads up :p

I don't disappear into the warp, I just don't always venture out of Exilian since that's where the actual dev forums are hosted... and I do have a history degree to work on as well, which means that it's hard getting a lot of work done on this on my own. If I had a couple of people who could help out and/or someone to make battle models it'd be quite a different story. There's a reason why the other big fantasy mods aren't made in one-man teams.

I'll have a go at reigniting interest in it sometime soon, anyhow, maybe get a new release out and stuff.

TheCelticMarauder's Avatar Foederatus

Well I hope you do manage to get enough time and/or people to get this going again. I've been looking forward to a new release ever since that save game corruption thing dashed my hopes of playing the current version. Aside from that issue, this is an awesome mod and I would be disappointed if it wasn't updated anymore.

Well this is one of the few mods out there that i've been following for a LONG time. I always check in every now and then too see what's up. Im sure there's more people than just me doing that .

EDIT: Also its a shame that i've yet to been able to play any campaign beyond 30-40 turns .
    Last edited by Cholio; February 18, 2013 at 02:56 PM.

Right, for those of you who read this regularly, please poke a nose in here:
    http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2402.0

Murmurs of a new release are at last beginning (aka I'm working flat out on it but haven't had time to announce it yet). Once I get close enough to feel confident that getting it finished is a fairly close possibility, then I'll start really working on the PR and I'll want help on that. I'm thinking a sort of kickstarter-style system, except obviously I won't be asking for your money; instead, there will be various rewards for people who can get the most activity and new users on our forum so as many people as possible know about the final release.

Awezum!!