Thread: Generals not in formation?

Default Generals not in formation?

After installing this mod none of the generals bodyguards form straight lines in their formations.

they all just kind of cluster together in a blob like one would expect untrained troops to do.

any fix our ideas as to why this happens?

Default Re: Generals not in formation?

I've been wondering about this also. I don't get it; why is it there and is there someway to fix it?

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Generals not in formation?

It's because the Generals Bodyguard has been made horse archers. You can fix it by making them lancers again. Make sure you have Pack File Manager installed and rep Daniu.

Then backup a copy of TROM3_Campaign_and_Battle_Mod.pack, then open -> db -> unit_stats_land -> van_unit_stats_land. The unit is Gen_Taisho. Then replace the entries with the Gen_Taisho found in patch22.pack. This will leave your general unbalanced for this mod, however, so I'd write down the general's melee skill, defense, charge bonus, morale, etc. before you overwrite them. That way you can go back and change those numbers back.

You'll also have to change the Gen_Taisho in units_tables -> units. Go to unknown25 and change to "sword_cavalry".
    Last edited by MagicCuboid; October 29, 2012 at 04:09 AM.
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter