Thread: Bug Report/Improvement Thread?

Icon1 Bug Report/Improvement Thread?

Hey guys, I'm really impressed with the progress that has been made thus far on this project, but as it says in the campaign, the game is still in need of a lot of tweaking!

Is there a thread where we can post things we've noticed that need fixing or could use improvement? If not, I'll start one here.

So, I've only played a few turns thus far as Hyrule, Gorons, and Deku. Here's what I think:

• The world map is amazing, but move distances are tiny by comparison to the distances between settlements. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but it sure means it takes many seasons just to get from place to place.
    • Goron unit upkeep is prohibitive. I found that just maintaining garisson units put me deep in the red, especially if I had any aspirations of an aggressive empire-building strategy.
    • Goron unit captains can't roll, which leaves them to get run over by their own men. This leaves them stunned and straggling a huge distance from their units, who then have to wait for them to catch up. Needless to say, this leaves the units vulnerable because they don't brace, or combat is initiated with a unit captain far away from the body of his unit.
    • Deku units seem to have a hard time firing, or at least they take ages to shoot. In a battle against the Kokiri my army was decimated despite my numerical superiority due to the fact that my units couldn't make up their mind whether to do their "winding up" animation or actually shoot at the targets. This should probably be considered priority. I didn't have this problem in the previous version, if I remember correctly.

Those are my two cents for now, I'm sure I'll have more to say as I mess around with this more.

Also, I noticed there's a lot of flavor text that needs editing. I've been told I'm a very good writer, and I'd be more than happy to look over it and proofread (and maybe write some myself) if I could have access to the script files.

Default Re: Bug Report/Improvement Thread?

blackmage there is a section called bugs at the top of the sub forum where you can list what youve found
    I shall consume... consume everything