Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: EB2 Graphic Enhancement mod

Default Re: EB2 Graphic Enhancement mod

a have a nice screen of campaign map(very good too look at),but the thing is that i got i think lag,i can not go down,high,left ore right only can move very slowly,this way it is not playable for me,even when i put it out with shift and F12,is there maybe a way too make the lag go away,the battles seems too run very good.

mine pc;intel core i5-2500cp, 3.30ghz

8 gbra
    nividia geforce gtx 570
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; August 26, 2014 at 01:21 PM.

Oversaturated. Do you need to turn of some of the default graph settings of medieval?

EDIT: set bloom to 0. Problem fixed, but think I'm not having enhanced effects ofc. Do I need to turn off bloom in medieval?
    Last edited by gaius valerius; August 26, 2014 at 05:06 PM.
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    a have a nice screen of campaign map(very good too look at),but the thing is that i got i think lag,i can not go down,high,left ore right only can move very slowly,this way it is not playable for me,even when i put it out with shift and F12,is there maybe a way too make the lag go away,the battles seems too run very good.

mine pc;intel core i5-2500cp, 3.30ghz

8 gbra
    nividia geforce gtx 570
    Yes, sadly because of the way the mod works(bypassing) I cannot make any performance improvements.
    You just need raw power, i.e. better graphic card.

Quote Originally Posted by gaius valerius View Post
    Oversaturated. Do you need to turn of some of the default graph settings of medieval?

EDIT: set bloom to 0. Problem fixed, but think I'm not having enhanced effects ofc. Do I need to turn off bloom in medieval?
    I would recommend that, it should look better.

Can you use Crimson_Tide_4_No_Dirt.exe with this mod? This blood mod has always worked for me with other Medieval II Total War Mods.

Hi,

the mod works good for the battles and the campaign map, the problem i'm having is that it makes the messages very bright, so i can barely read them... Any way around that? I don't want to make everything darker

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Hi,

the mod works good for the battles and the campaign map, the problem i'm having is that it makes the messages very bright, so i can barely read them... Any way around that? I don't want to make everything darker
    You should disable bloom/hdr there(enbseries.ini or shift + f9), is because of that as the effects are applied also to the UI(no way arround this).

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Can you use Crimson_Tide_4_No_Dirt.exe with this mod? This blood mod has always worked for me with other Medieval II Total War Mods.
    If you mean with the graphics mod, yes. If you mean for EB2 you can post what files the mod alters and I can tell you afterwards.

Hennin's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    If you mean with the graphics mod, yes. If you mean for EB2 you can post what files the mod alters and I can tell you afterwards.
    I don't use de graphics mod because my graphic card is not so good, I need help for use an bood mod, I don't know what files or archives I have to replace exaclty. .

Thanks Great mod

Foederatus

I get an instant appcrash if I want to start the game with this mod. Any solutions? When I delete the d3d9.dll it works.

I have an Phenom II X4 955, 8GB RAM, ATI HD5770. Btw. I start the game via the EB steam shortcut/launcher.

Hi great mod,

thank you!

I have a problem with the Graphic Enhancement. Instead of the vignette it shows "blocks"
    please help. I did not alter the files from the original download.

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vignette.jpg  

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

You should disable bloom/hdr there(enbseries.ini or shift + f9), is because of that as the effects are applied also to the UI(no way arround this).

descr_geography_new.db
    descr_effect_impacts.txt
    descr_flaming_projectiles.txt
    descr_particle.txt
    and then of course the overlay texture

Libertus

Am I the only one who thinks the game looks much better without this mod?

Ever since i took off the bloom in game, i cant play withOUT this mod over here. Makes it so much better IMO.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Ever since i took off the bloom in game, i cant play withOUT this mod over here. Makes it so much better IMO.
    Hmmm, maybe I will try that then.

Disable bloom in game or through the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
    I get an instant appcrash if I want to start the game with this mod. Any solutions? When I delete the d3d9.dll it works.

I have an Phenom II X4 955, 8GB RAM, ATI HD5770. Btw. I start the game via the EB steam shortcut/launcher.
    It shouldn't crash especially that you have a new card, it's either some drivers issues or some incompatible issues that I cannot fix.
    Sorry.

But you can try the GEM mod, maybe that one works for you:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-1)&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    Hi great mod,

thank you!

I have a problem with the Graphic Enhancement. Instead of the vignette it shows "blocks"
    please help. I did not alter the files from the original download.

Thank you
    Can you post the enbseries.ini content?

Quote Originally Posted by binarystar View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the game looks much better without this mod?
    It's a matter of taste and I'm aware some will like it and some not.
    But what's the point of your post?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    descr_geography_new.db
    descr_effect_impacts.txt
    descr_flaming_projectiles.txt
    descr_particle.txt
    and then of course the overlay texture
    The descr_geography_new.db is the only file that is not compatible.

Foederatus

It shouldn't crash especially that you have a new card, it's either some drivers issues or some incompatible issues that I cannot fix.
    Sorry.

But you can try the GEM mod, maybe that one works for you:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-1)&highlight=
    Hmm the launcher is REALLY blurred, you can't even see letters. But the problem is the file d3d9.dll. If I delete it everything works fine. Think I'll update my drivers.

edit:

I installed the newest ATI drivers (and of course uninstalled the old ones). But still the same appcrash before I even get to the launcher.
    Last edited by TheStranger; August 28, 2014 at 11:03 AM.

Hi alin:

"Can you post the enbseries.ini content?"

sorry I don't understand, I don't change any content of the download. I moved the download content 1:1 in the correct folder.

There are lightning effects, that are cool, but the vignette is shown as blocks (as in the posted screenshot)

Thank you for any help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vignette.jpg  
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; August 28, 2014 at 01:47 PM.

Foederatus

Ah the Graphic Enhancement Mod works!

Stupid Direct3dOverrider caused the crash.

ASPGolan's Avatar Civis

Default Re: EB2 Graphic Enhancement side-mod(Open Beta)

This mod is a must IMHO. I love the choice of colours in the UI. But simple stuff are hard to distinguish, like whe you're viewing the stats, you can't really tell whether a faction is selected or not. With this mod the contrast becomes obvious. It's simple stuff like this, but it has a nice impact on the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    Hi alin:

"Can you post the enbseries.ini content?"

sorry I don't understand, I don't change any content of the download. I moved the download content 1:1 in the correct folder.

There are lightning effects, that are cool, but the vignette is shown as blocks (as in the posted screenshot)

Thank you for any help!
    I understad but I think you have a later version, try down. the current one.
    If it still does so then open enbseries.ini in the Medieval 2 Total War folder and post the contents here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
    Ah the Graphic Enhancement Mod works!

Stupid Direct3dOverrider caused the crash.
    So that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by ASPGolan View Post
    This mod is a must IMHO. I love the choice of colours in the UI. But simple stuff are hard to distinguish, like whe you're viewing the stats, you can't really tell whether a faction is selected or not. With this mod the contrast becomes obvious. It's simple stuff like this, but it has a nice impact on the experience.
    Yes, it use sharpening, desaturation and other stuff like this to improve the contrast and visual style.