Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HOW ROME2 NAVAL BATTLE WILL BE FAR BETTER THAN SHOGUN2

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: HOW ROME2 NAVAL BATTLE WILL BE FAR BETTER THAN SHOGUN2

Quote Originally Posted by torongill View Post
    OP, could you please edit the thread title to be a question to CA? We need to start pestering the staff to answer our questions and bump the thread daily, otherwise it will sink under the flood of capture point and "first thing as X faction" threads.

We need to persevere and hope and pray someone will answer.
    Easier than that: someone reads through this thread and compiles a neat list of questions about naval combat, navies and such for CA (I can do that, or the OP, or trongill, or anybody else), then the person in question post the thread with the answers as OP and we bump it daily so CA can see, questions can also be added. So it will be easy for CA to find it, read all the questions and answer.
    Last edited by SamueleD; June 19, 2013 at 09:03 AM.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

Deal then, I'll start collecting the info we have and can deduce so far and will create a thread in the next hour or so. I'll check if someone else has created a thread before I post mine, no need to split our efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

Adreno's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SamueleD View Post
    I think that to avoid this kind of awkwardness they will keep doing what they have done until now: transport ships won't be in naval battles, if you win the battle they are sunk, if you attack an army on transport ships without a navy to protect it it will be destroyed. But if they do put the transport ships in battle cavalry, chariots etc. will probably be dismounted and not particularly good. However I do wonder how they will handle disembarking such troops, if they do this.

Edit: I really wish CA would answer such questions, we know armies will build their own transport ships and be able to cross water without using a navy, we now that land and sea battles will be mixed, we know that you can disembark men from military ships, but we have no idea how the whole transport thing is gonna work in such situations! What happens if I use an army that is on its transport ships alone to attack a city? What happens in a sea battle when you have an army on transport and a fleet protecting them? What happens if an army on transports alone gets attacked by a navy? Can a navy attack an army on the coast, without an army to help it, and can an army attack a fleet near the coast, without a navy to help it? Are transport ships gonna be in battle? If so, how is cavalry and mounted troops in general going to be handled? It's just confusing right now!
    well but we have already seen transportships sailing and disembarking so theyll be in battles for sure, its a shame there were not any carthaginian ships there to interact with them for us to draw some conclusions from.. and the romans brought only men and cav (which we didnt see disembark from the ships) but so far only saw 1 type of transport ship but im suspecting there will be a second "bune" like ship that opens in the front to let larger things out instead of them just jumping over the edge lol i mean think about transporthing siege equipment and you can already picture some funny things..
    However i can imagine it somewhat works like the cav/gen mechanic in shogun 2 or dragoons in earlier tws, in which the horse or in this case ships have become mounts and you can dismount and leave them there, but still use them while mounted which means theyll be able to partake in battles, and probably in the case of transportships will be very restricted in their combat abilities, theyll probably be a bit slow, vulnerable to missile fire and weak to ramming, those kinds of things..

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Torongill made the thread, go here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-our-questions and post your questions, they will be added to the OP, and don't forget to bump it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123