Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] MM's ZoR - Final 4.0 Released

Default Re: [SUBMOD] MM's ZoR

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    some in-game pictures: !!!NEW!!! 14th "Brooklyn" New York State Miltita

That is excellent,but please think about my Zouave style too
    Last edited by Murat ÖZCAN; August 10, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [SUBMOD] MM's ZoR - New version released

well, it seems sslp has done something like your suggestion

btw, I have uploaded fixed version two of Zor (2.1) I had some problems with generals recruitment and flags with US Warpath Campaign. also, mind that for now 14th Brooklyn will have no unit description text and on screen name. this is to the fact that new launcher doesn't copy required bg_us_txt.pack 9there is not much I can do about it) I am waiting for husserl to see how we shall proceed...

i wouldnt mind merging some of the things we are both doing. although i will need to look at my pack as i have it optimized for my version of the mod, which i edit. it shouldnt take much. how should we continue?

so i edited it back to the mostly stock version of the mod. should be good fun for folks now. i still need to work out some texture problems i havent tracked down yet, as you can see in the pictures, but its fully working and fully compatible with the mod. currently i am working on unit cards an d trying to fix those pesky faces...

let me know what you want to do. i am also thinking of doing the unique regiment names that we have talked about.... but i dont want to step on your work my friend.

also i just merged my two mod packs into one. to fix the txt file problem about units names, i had to modify the one that is already used in game. i didnt see a way around this.
    Last edited by ss97slp; August 10, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ss97slp View Post
    i wouldnt mind merging some of the things we are both doing. although i will need to look at my pack as i have it optimized for my version of the mod, which i edit. it shouldnt take much. how should we continue?

so i edited it back to the mostly stock version of the mod. should be good fun for folks now. i still need to work out some texture problems i havent tracked down yet, as you can see in the pictures, but its fully working and fully compatible with the mod. currently i am working on unit cards an d trying to fix those pesky faces...

let me know what you want to do. i am also thinking of doing the unique regiment names that we have talked about.... but i dont want to step on your work my friend.

also i just merged my two mod packs into one. to fix the txt file problem about units names, i had to modify the one that is already used in game. i didnt see a way around this.
    well, we can discuss the details of the merge in the Developer's Forum...

about unique regiment names:
    don't get your hopes to high... the problem there is the following:
    if you even make an unique unit (let's say Virginia Volunteers) and give it its unique unit_regiment_names_localisation_lookup_unit_name_confederate_infantry_units_001 and make it show like 1st Virginia Rifle Volunteers, the problems start when you go to startpos to edit it there. according to the same tutorial you provided those unique regiment names are dependant on unit_classes. and as said above, all of the infantry units in ACW are line_infantry_class (because of the AI and shokh advised me not to change those when I asked him about it). because of that there is no way that even your unique infantry units from Virginia will get their 1st Virgina Rifle Volunteers or whatever name you chose for them. there is in fact no way of ensuring that some regiment from Texas won't get that name. that s because this system is good only on a faction level (where entire faction shares the units and it is not important from which "state" they come from).

I have gone in depth with this and tried to figure out some way to ensure such thing can be implemented. the only solution I could come up with is complicated and only works for player. All units are same class so that AI can effectively use them. therefor, player isn't bound with such limitations. In theory we could make each of state volunteers units to be a separate class and then give that class appropriate meaning in loc files (virginia, georgia, carolinas etc). There are 22 unit classes and we could easily use them. also, it is simple to make for example foot_artillery class to show as volunteers (in brackets when you hover your mouse over the unit card). however, the trick here is that we need two sets of files. one when player is thta faction ad one when that faction is controlled by the AI. and that is beyond my knowledge at the moment.

in ACW, I think it will be very hard (if not impossible) to do what we both desire in this area. it is extremely unfortunate that random regiment names are tied to unit_classes instead of unit names from unit_tables or some other files...

Launcher has been updated for the complete ZoR.

yes i have been looking at this. the only way i was thinking was to change the units from say infantry_line to have one set of custom names and to have infantry_elite be another set. the way i was thinking was that regular army infantry would be on the elite side and the volunteer infantries be the infantry line with the militia class being assigned to the state militia class. that might solve the problem. in this manner the elite class would be elites only in name, which makes sence any way since regular army infantry were proffessionals as the volunteers were citizen soldiers. idk there may be a way to think this through. i did realize that there would need to be editing of the start pros, or as i favor a first turn save game....

Instruction no. 1 is not needed since it is done automatically by the launcher.

ok so i did some trials. the only thing is that it will just use whatever name is next reguardless of where it was recruited. for instance i recruited a volunteer infantry in Pennsylvania that said 1st Maine. I wonder if there is a way to make it either unit specific or territory specific, which would be better.

this may not be a bad thing since armies were made up with units from all over the place, so it could be said that although the unit was created in pennsylvania, it marched donw form Maine for service there.
    Last edited by ss97slp; August 11, 2012 at 03:11 PM.

STATEMENT:

if you by any chance experience ctd's during loading screen (all campaigns and both CS/US) please be patient. we are currently working on the fix for it. in the meantime disable the ZoR submod.

thank you for your understanding

MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; August 12, 2012 at 02:54 PM.

yes i have been looking at this. the only way i was thinking was to change the units from say infantry_line to have one set of custom names and to have infantry_elite be another set. the way i was thinking was that regular army infantry would be on the elite side and the volunteer infantries be the infantry line with the militia class being assigned to the state militia class. that might solve the problem. in this manner the elite class would be elites only in name, which makes sence any way since regular army infantry were proffessionals as the volunteers were citizen soldiers. idk there may be a way to think this through. i did realize that there would need to be editing of the start pros, or as i favor a first turn save game....
    yes, but you can't change classes without hampering the battle AI. that is how shokh explained it to me and strongly suggested not to change the classes of any existing units and to keep the same classes for the newly created ones... that's what I was trying to say in my last post.

Idk if it is even possible to link random regiment names to anything but unit classesthis could as well be a hardcoded limitation we are facing.

however, your solution was also in my mind, though i opted against it at present time. but, if nothing else can be done, then we might use that one....

cheers

hmm i am currently deep into this and i will run some tests and let you know, both how the ai act and with playing. so far i am just editing the union stuff (as this is probly 900 edits in order to do) ill let you know and ill post some screen shots when i am done editing the file. besides, i didnt change the class, just what it is called on scree so it should not effect the ai. we shall see though
    Last edited by ss97slp; August 11, 2012 at 09:30 PM.

added some new photos to my second post...

great job on the new units. gets easy the more you do. last night i finished all the txt editing for the regiment names (for the union only right now) and they are all showing up perfectly in the game. i am going to do some testing today to make sure everything behaives appropriately. the only thing is that i am going to make it so that the regiment names are random in the text file, right now i have it so ten maine regiments are created, then 10 pennsylvania, etc, but after thinking about it i think i should make the listing random. ill keep you all upsated.

ok i have been testing and it seems that the ai is acting normally. i also made it so a random regiment name shows up when recruiting for the union. this can easily be done for the confederacy but it takes some work. the only thing that i have changed is that i gave accurate regiment names and how the unit classes show up on screen. instead of saying dragoons for instance, it says regular cavalry. instead of line infantry it says volunteer infantry, etc. it is nice in my style of playing because i like to name each regiment, but now i do not have to as this saves a lot of time.

to all those out there.... is this a mod that anyone is interested in, i.e having historically accurate regiment names show up when recruiting units?

thanks everyone.
    Last edited by ss97slp; August 14, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Icon1 Re: [SUBMOD] MM's ZoR - New version released

to all those out there.... is this a mod that anyone is interested in, i.e having historically accurate regiment names show up when recruiting units?

thanks everyone.
    For me personally it is something for the eye. As well as a translation. The work is not unnecessary and brings a bonus. However, I do not use this submod and wait for the next patch. I miss personally other things. Even though good work.

New ZoR 3.0 version released... with additional unit... enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    New ZoR 3.0 version released... with additional unit... enjoy...
    do you have to uninstall or remove the old ZoR mods before getting 3.0? or do you have to get the 1.0 2.0 and 2.1 as well as 3? because i just crashed after 3.0 and i only have the first ZoR...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan2915 View Post
    do you have to un-install or remove the old ZoR mods before getting 3.0? or do you have to get the 1.0 2.0 and 2.1 as well as 3? because i just crashed after 3.0 and i only have the first ZoR...
    yes, old ZoR files have to go. however, if you have ZoR that is older than 2.1 version you will have to reinstall ACW 3.4.1 completely because that was before we made Launcher compatible version. after uninstall, go to your SteamApps\common\empire total war folder and delete ACW folder.

if you do however have the husserlTW's launcher follow this instead:
    first un-check the Zone of Recruitment in Sub-Mods section of the Launcher. then choose ACW Ready. after that go to your SteamApps\common\empire total war\data folder. there you will find all of the ACW files. they all begin with bg_. you will find bg_MM_ZoR.pack also. delete it if it is there. then proceed with the installation as instructed. all of my ZoR's are standalone versions so no previous version is required. If you have any more problems, feel free to ask...

Last edited by Minas Moth; August 15, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

I have another question. I don't know if you have addressed this in another post but my ACW keeps crashing on startup. I do have the new ZoR with the new launcher...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan2915 View Post
    I have another question. I don't know if you have addressed this in another post but my ACW keeps crashing on startup. I do have the new ZoR with the new launcher...
    One more thing, I do have the Darthmod for ETW...i don't know if this would be a problem but its the only thing that I can think of.

EDIT: posts merged; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; August 17, 2012 at 03:28 AM.

well, the DMUC will almost certainly cause you problems. especially if some of the files remained in the empire total war\data folder. could you post your log after the game crashes? you can easily access it by opening your launcher > File > go to > mod folder. there you will find acw_log.txt. remember to post the entire log...

cheers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast