Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: [SUBMOD] MM's ZoR - Final 4.0 Released

nonopo's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [SUBMOD] MM's ZoR - Final 4.0 Released

Also, battles were not fast paced blizkrieg with powerful independant tactical units. A strategy was elaborated by a high ranking officer and executed by the lower ranking ones. Basically the officers directly in the battles were just there to maintain the formation and guide their units to their objectives.

The bonus for generals could be a greater visibility on the campaign map, or more movements points.

yeah i thought someone would catch onto my point about commanders, but as you notice, it wasnt Lee that came up with many strategies, it was his battlefield commanders, for instance, Jackson came up with the idea to strike the Union right flank during the Chancelor'sville campaign, and it was General Longstreat who commanded the attack at Pickett's charge, not Lee. You make some valid points, I think mostly I was just getting frustrated with everyone glorifying the south and wanted to make some points, yes Lee was usually, not always, outnumbered in the east, although he came into the picture must latter in 1862. in the west, it was a very different story as we agreed. I dont think the calibur of troops should be affected by a general, maybe the inspiration would be there, and i like the line of site part, but that is it. also the point about troops coming out of no where was hit or miss at best. with most of the troops fighting in the armies, the "home" guard units were made up of old men and children, who only rarely put up any type of fight. the home guard units mostly took care of policiing at home and took care of prisons. by later in the war there was noone available for these emergency troops, who even when they were available, were antiques or broken but mostly they didnt have weopons or would be given something silly like Georgia's pikes. when this happened, they would simply go home.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Last edited by Minas Moth; March 13, 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567