Thread: How to install Eras Total Conquest while using steam.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Default How to install Eras Total Conquest while using steam.

This will be a step-by-step guide; taking you through the installation of Eras Total Conquest while using Steam. Not only will this mod work for the installation of Eras Total Conquest, but it will also help you with other Medievel II Kingdoms mods. I you have any questions in advance, please do not hesitate to ask a question by using the 'reply' button.

Step 1 (for Windows 7 users only)

Go down to the search box in your start menu, and type in "change user account control settings"

It should be the first one. This is what it should look like.

Drag it down to the first setting, 'never notify'.

Step 2

Download Eras Total Conquest using gamefront. It's in three parts, links are here.

conquest 2.3.5.part1.rar, conquest 2.3.5.part2.rar, and conquest 2.3.5.part3.rar.

Step 3

After the downloads are finished, open “conquest 2.3.5.part1.rar” using 7zip. If you do not have 7zip, download it here: http://www.7-zip.org/

Step 4

Once you have opened the part1.rar, 7zip will start copying files. Then a box from 7zip will come up called '7-zip self-extracting archive'. Press the three '...'s' at the right of the box. Then a 'browse for folder' box will come up. Point it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War

NOT the Medieval II mod folder. Then press extract. It will take a while for it to extract, due to the fact of the huge size of this mod, just be patient.

Step 5

As some of you notice, there is no way to launch it using the launcher, although squid's tool finds a solution to this. Download it here. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=353922

Step 6

Using the Kingdoms launcher app is easy. Open it. Then go to 'file' then 'new mod'

A window will come up, type in anything you want in the 'mod name' field. Then go to the 'path' field and click the browse button on the side. Browse through and find the 'conquest' folder. Should be in Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods. Just click the 'conquest' folder once and press okay.

The next thing you want to do is go down the the 'game exe', just click kingdoms.

Before you click okay, this is what the 'new mod details' box should look like.

If it looks like that, click okay.

Step 7

Once you done with everything above, open the conquest VISTA.bat/conquest XP.bat and pick which campaign you want, the launcher should come up like this.

If you're able to load the game and play a campaign, you should be fine. If you cannot, reply and we will try to diagnose the problem.

MAKE SURE YOU LAUNCH ERAS TOTAL CONQUEST USING THE KINGDOMS LAUNCHER, NOT THE M2TW LAUNCHER.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This thread is still under construction, I will refine it, make it clearer, and add more and better pictures later.
    Last edited by The Useless Member; August 01, 2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Fixed download links.

Default Re: How to install Eras Total Conquest while using steam.

reserved for Q&A's regarding problems and solutions.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Thread stickied

Nice work, mate

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Thread stickied

Nice work, mate
    Thanks.

I hope this is some use to not only people who are installing Eras, but for steam users installing other mods.

I always use this method. Works everytime.

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

I followed all these steps and I can't change eras from 1547 AD on the Grand Campaign?

The download links doesnt work?

That's what I've been trying to fix. I can't get it off the 1547 campaign. It's cool, but I kinda want to play a bit earlier, if you know what I mean.

I really need help downloaded both followed all the steps ujst like you said part ONE goes fine 2 and 3 both come up with 1 ' Data error in 'conquest 2.3.5.part2.rar. '

So I'm stuck.... wondering if you could make one giant new file as the first one went in with no issues at all!

Please help I have been at this for 3 hours today re-downloading and trying.. =_= and started looking at this since yesterday to do it all today its really frustrating !

ive downloaded everything and even used to mod launcher. my game launches for 3 seconds, then it crashes. any help?

ok

Hi, the images are broken

I have tried to launch the Kingdoms launcher multiple times but it keeps saying that I must install m2tw and kingdoms but I already have. Can you help me?

Id be really grateful if someone somewhere could do a definitive procedure on how to install this mod. Ive followed all the advice and suggestions on this and other threads and it just never works, wont even load. I've got 2 PCs, one runs Win 7, 64 bit (without Steam) and the other runs Win 10, 64 bit (with Steam) so I've been able to attempt several ways to install it. Other mods, eg SS 6.4 and Broken Crescent run fine. Anybody able to help? Thx

Kingdoms Launcher App no longer works. How do we install this on Steam without it?

the pictures no longer show, and also you will have to change the name of the conquest folder, because it has spaces and if you try to launch it with spaces it will crash

I have "windows 8", I can not open the mod
    Any solution?

A lot of mods dont work properly with windows 8

I have windows 10. Is it all a matter of just pointed the mod's installation to the mod folder via steam?
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"