Thread: crashes at the 65th turn...

Default crashes at the 65th turn...

I'm playing Persia and game keeps crashing after the 64th turn when it shows the icon of the next ai being kyrene.

I tried many times moving some troops around or the autosave and even a savegame from the previous turns it always crash ...

Any help? I was happy to see the persian empire closely reaching cyrus conquests...

Default Re: crashes at the 65th turn...

Been looking around and here's the save file .... I didn't post this in the bug section sorry!

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Same happened to me once, and got it fixed by starting to build something, moving units around, taking generals out of cities etc. That would be worth a try.

Ah that's good news to hear! Any more details please as far as you can remenber it? I tried to have more cities not under the risk of revolts and this made it till tara icon when I end the turn. Every cities is building something and would do you mean by etc... ?

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Ok, now seriously.

Sadly, such crashes aren't caused by something specific for RoP. These are typical for RTW engine but more common in mods since mods tends to be more complicated than vanila. I learned it in a hard way playing Amazon TW. It happens when game is running out of memory when calculating trade routes, province ownerships, etc, and something is changing ownership or trade routes, i.e. city is under siege or rebellion, or port is blockaded, or city is taken - one of my cities was upgrading its port, it was finished exactly when rebels started blockade in this port. Game was always crushing at end of my turn, until I emptied building queque for blockaded city.

First you should disable autosave and never autosave again. This can be done by editing preferences file with notepad and setting autosave to FALSE. Always save manually and never overwrite previous saves. Autosave/quicksave feature in RTW is bugged and may produce a corrupted save "just beacuse".

Second, you should try empty all building and recrutation queques in your cities, because maybe this CTD is caused by new port, building or unit appearing when city rebels or port is blockaded by someone.

This may help.

Or may not, because I have a feeling that it may be sometimes caused by other, AI controlled faction, having this same problem. If it is not because of corrupted autosave, which is, sadly, typical for RTW.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; August 01, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Thanks for further help guys ... I disabled the auto-save but it still crashes, wonder with clagius didn't take too many tries to sort it out ...

I try to be relax by playing with the spartans which is quite easy once you get rid of the athenians on both vh/vh level (despite saying they are hard to play) and will try other things so I can be more patient with it.

Speaking of rtw feature, it also pissed me off when I played the south west barbarians in romance of the three kingdoms ... what happened to that mod, can"t see it in the forum anymore ? ...

Hey I am having the same problem with the difference that the game crashes when I press the next turn...not in a specific faction ( I don't follow CPU moves)
    First time was with Spartans at 530BC I think and then with Ionians much earlier...(30 turns later)

The crashes were for no reason at all...any ideas?
    (1.5 Version of RTW)

To Greece we give our shining blades - Lord Byron