Thread: HoI2 play as Rhodesia

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

Default HoI2 play as Rhodesia

Hey everyone,

As i'm sure you know, you can liberate Rhodesia and play as the country from as early as 1936 if you really want to - but the nation that is created has no victory points, limited tech teams, few government ministers and is generally ignored as a feature within the game.

I wanted to improve Rhodesia giving it more tech teams etc. I realise that Rhodesia was a federation from until the 1950s and it is only really 1965 that the Rhodesia I know came into being with its holdings in Bulwayo and Harare (Salisbury)

Basicly, I wanted to find out if there existed any mods out there that extended gameplay until about 1980 or something.. So you could have within the game a wider appreciation of Vietnam, a more intense look at the wars against European colonialism in Africa etc.. If no such mod existed then I would love to get a team together and make one..

Rhodesia rises..

I want to:

Make Rhodesia a playable nation (either from independence in 1936 or from the historic time period of November 11th 1965 which would be a period in which you could play the mod of HoI2

I also would like to rename Harare Salisbury and make it have 5 VP as Rhodesia and indeed Africa generally is extremely lacking in VP.

These are some pictures we could use as propaganda when you select Rhodesia to play with:

and this,

Whilst this could be the artwork on their units:

This could be a picture for a garrison..

and this the helicopters you can research when you're in the 1950s and have researched semi-motorised transport.

and this, the famous image, could represent the Rhodesian police force.

Anyway, I hope there are people out there as keen for this mod, or to mod the game for these purposes as I am.

Peace out
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: HoI2 play as Rhodesia

So.. no replies.. :/ Could someone at least tell me how to insert victory points into Harare/Salisbury to make the game more tactical..?
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse