Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.4 Faction Roster Preview: The Imamate of Yemen

Default Re: BC 2.4 Faction Roster Preview: The Imamate of Yemen

soon

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Hantscher View Post
    The Ayyubids should be fine, I play my campaign with Oman. When I conquered Yemen's regions The Ayyubids were fighting a war on three fronts like you said only with me instead of Yemen. They managed to keep me at bay until I got tired of going back and forth with them over Mekka and Medina and I opted for peace. They beat the KoJ, leaving them only with Jerusalem, and they got the better of Makuria. It wasn't until the Roman Empire controlled half the map and sent at least a dozen half to full stack armies into Egypt that the Ayyubids were finally destroyed.

I love the Yemeni Units BTW. It's too bad I played my campaign with Oman already. I'd like to play as Yemen but going back to the same portion of the map would just be too deja-vu for me. Great work guys, I look forward to the next previews.
    errr what? how do you play as the Yemeni? are they released already?

still waiting.................

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

he plays as Oman and have conquered the regions that will posses Yemen in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by zburanuki View Post
    he plays as Oman and have conquered the regions that will posses Yemen in the next version.
    so meaning to say the next version is save compatible? but he talking he will get a Dejavu of cities he have conquered is kinda wrong because i think in 2.4 the maps are much more wider and different.

Quote Originally Posted by hameem123 View Post
    so meaning to say the next version is save compatible? but he talking he will get a Dejavu of cities he have conquered is kinda wrong because i think in 2.4 the maps are much more wider and different.
    No Yemen is not out yet, As I and zburanuki said I play with Oman and conquered the regions Yemen will hold in the next release.

Yea the Map is bigger and different, but it is only expanded not completely redone. From the looks of the "Pre-Preview" Arabia is generally unchanged, except maybe a few cities are renamed and moved and region borders may be slightly altered. It won't be save game compatible, since the map is changing and who knows what else, there is just no way.

If I'm going to have to start a new campaign I might as well start with a faction in a part of the map I've never ventured into in my Omani Campaign, like the Caucus or Anatolia. That way the new version will seem like a whole new mod. Even though the beauty of this game is, you can play a dozen campaigns over and over with the same faction and you will get different results each time.

No Yemen is not out yet, As I and zburanuki said I play with Oman and conquered the regions Yemen will hold in the next release.

Yea the Map is bigger and different, but it is only expanded not completely redone. From the looks of the "Pre-Preview" Arabia is generally unchanged, except maybe a few cities are renamed and moved and region borders may be slightly altered. It won't be save game compatible, since the map is changing and who knows what else, there is just no way.

If I'm going to have to start a new campaign I might as well start with a faction in a part of the map I've never ventured into in my Omani Campaign, like the Caucus or Anatolia. That way the new version will seem like a whole new mod. Even though the beauty of this game is, you can play a dozen campaigns over and over with the same faction and you will get different results each time.

arabia will be different with more citys

Quote Originally Posted by ALFAJI View Post
    arabia will be different with more citys
    that's more like it!

i;m mathajy can i borrow a javline

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

muh previews

i wish a few more variety of units will be added for the old factions once 2.4 releases and is it possible for you guys to make or trigger historical battle once it hit a certain year in game? i mean that will further improve the experience highlighting famous and magnificent battles that took place during that time....also another problem is the Assassins are no Assassin at all because they are only capable of killing Merchants and Princesses and can't even kill any Generals or Family Member even if you cheated its experience to max the highest chance rate it could get is 25%,as well as the Spy its very hard to enter spy settlements or army even if the Spy is very skilled.

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by hameem123 View Post
    i wish a few more variety of units will be added for the old factions once 2.4 releases and is it possible for you guys to make or trigger historical battle once it hit a certain year in game? i mean that will further improve the experience highlighting famous and magnificent battles that took place during that time....also another problem is the Assassins are no Assassin at all because they are only capable of killing Merchants and Princesses and can't even kill any Generals or Family Member even if you cheated its experience to max the highest chance rate it could get is 25%,as well as the Spy its very hard to enter spy settlements or army even if the Spy is very skilled.
    That's true dude...I spent 11 turns to complete a assassination mission that the Chauhans asked (the prince was asking me to kill his cruel father); i had a agent with a lot of experience and traits, but the success rate was stuck in 5% (and the target had no army)...And i also think we need eastern/indian princesses, and PRIESTS...

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaMadara21 View Post
    .And i also think we need eastern/indian princesses, and PRIESTS...
    The problem is hinduism is not a proselytic religion;
    and for hindu princess, why not, but their is only 2 hindu factions, so only one marriage possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    The problem is hinduism is not a proselytic religion;
    and for hindu princess, why not, but their is only 2 hindu factions, so only one marriage possibility...

Marriages are Religion/Culture specific? I've never really played with the Princess character so I don't know. Anytime I've had a princess she just wandered around aimlessly looking for a mate and I was never able to find one.

If you want rajput princess on strat map, you need to create a new mesh and texture;
    If someone want to do that, it will be great
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; December 11, 2012 at 04:46 PM.

I cannot wait to crush them as the Ayyubids! lool

I'm ready to jump back on and start playing but I really wish you guy's have a built in option for AOR.

Last time I was playing I was getting serious CTD's half way through games I think because I was using an old AOR mod.

Any way my favourite faction or one of them is Oman so looking forward to playing with Yeman also, any one got any clues for when 2.4 is out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansar Warrior View Post
    I'm ready to jump back on and start playing but I really wish you guy's have a built in option for AOR.

Last time I was playing I was getting serious CTD's half way through games I think because I was using an old AOR mod.

Any way my favourite faction or one of them is Oman so looking forward to playing with Yeman also, any one got any clues for when 2.4 is out?
    Well, earlier in the thread(first page) Wudang said there will be 4-5 new factions in 2.4. We have only seen one preview and I think a second one is close. So my guess is.......not for a rather long while.

Are the Yemeni Tribal Units the ones that will be available to recruit in AOR system for any faction?

Well, earlier in the thread(first page) Wudang said there will be 4-5 new factions in 2.4. We have only seen one preview and I think a second one is close. So my guess is.......not for a rather long while.

Are the Yemeni Tribal Units the ones that will be available to recruit in AOR system for any faction?
    ya they are AOR