Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.4 Faction Roster Preview: The Imamate of Yemen

Enarec's Avatar Senator

Default Re: BC 2.4 Faction Roster Preview: The Imamate of Yemen

Quote Originally Posted by TheMalevolentKing View Post
    There will be 4-5 new factions in 2.4 plus a load more features.
    And I thought we would only get one new faction in 2.4 along with some other features. This is absolutely wonderful news, I am eagerly anticipating 2.4 now.

The previewed units, like all BC units, are amazing. One of the things I love the most is the variation among soldiers.

I guess the new factions will be: the Imamate of Yemen (obviously), the Atabegs of Mosul, the Kara Khitan Khanate, the Principality of Vladimir-Suzdal and maybe the Kingdom of Ethiopia. This is in line with my hope that the new map will already be included in BC 2.4.
    Last edited by Enarec; August 03, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

All I can say is, wow. The amount of research that went into this and the amount of time it must have taken to craft such beautiful units is amazing.

It looks to me that the jump from 2.3 to 2.4 is going to be pretty significant.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Enarec View Post
    And I thought we would only get one new faction in 2.4 along with some other features. This is absolutely wonderful news, I am eagerly anticipating 2.4 now.

The previewed units, like all BC units, are amazing. One of the things I love the most is the variation among soldiers.

I guess the new factions will be: the Imamate of Yemen (obviously), the Atabegs of Mosul, the Kara Khitan Khanate, the Principality of Vladimir-Suzdal and maybe the Kingdom of Ethiopia. This is in line with my hope that the new map will already be included in BC 2.4.
    Thank you for your enthusiasm and praise. :
    Not quite there with the faction guessing though.
    I can tell you 2 of your 5 are right. It's up to the fans to guess now. I'll comment if someone gets them all right.

Quote Originally Posted by brapollo View Post
    All I can say is, wow. The amount of research that went into this and the amount of time it must have taken to craft such beautiful units is amazing.

It looks to me that the jump from 2.3 to 2.4 is going to be pretty significant.
    Thanks for the compliments and comments!
    It is going to be a lot bigger than 2.02 to 2.3 lets just say.

Enarec's Avatar Senator

@TheMalevolentKing: I presume the the latter 3 are out of 2.4 then. Here is my revised list then:
    the Imamate of Oman, the Atabegs of Mosul, the Atabegs of Azerbaijan, the Seljuks of Kerman, the Atabegs of Fars. Maybe the Malikate of Mazandaran instead of one of these factions.

I based my new list on the BC team probably wanting to finish up the remaining major Islamic factions in the Middle East before expanding the map to include more factions, going by your post and the posts of other team members on other threads.
    Last edited by Enarec; August 03, 2012 at 12:14 PM.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Enarec View Post
    @TheMalevolentKing: I presume the the latter 3 are out of 2.4 then. Here is my revised list then:
    the Imamate of Oman, the Atabegs of Mosul, the Atabegs of Azerbaijan, the Seljuks of Kerman, the Atabegs of Fars. Maybe the Malikate of Mazandaran instead of one of these factions.

I based my new list on the BC team probably wanting to finish up the remaining major Islamic factions in the Middle East before expanding the map to include more factions, going by your post and the posts of other team members on other threads.
    I'm not going to say any more are right until someone gets them all right.
    Don't think I'm ignoring your post if you guess, its just that they aren't all right.

btw Guys, don't forget to rep ALFAJI, he was the one who did 95% of the research for this faction.

My guess of new factions...
    Imamate of Yemen, Shirvanshahs of Azerbaijan, Atabegs of Mosul, Kieven Rus, and a Nizari Ismaili state (with Assassins!).

My dream faction though would be an emergent horde of Kwarazmian mercenaries who cause havoc across the Middle East if the Khwarazm Shahs are conquered by the Mongols.
    Last edited by brapollo; August 03, 2012 at 02:14 PM.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Great preview!

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

awesome as always! beatiful and stunning! Looking fiercely forward to the new release!!! THANKS ALOT!!!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

CelticSlav's Avatar Tiro
    San Jose, CA, USA (I'm from Galway, Ireland)

What a glorious preview! +rep!

very nice can't wait to try them out

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Great!!!! This will make playing Oman (mine fav beside Jerusalem) more difficult....

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Absolutely superb. I love the red in the uniforms. Rep +1. BC is still my favorite mod, together with Third Age TW. Unbelievable how much time, energy and dedication you guys put into them. I sincerly thank you for that.

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

that preview is AWESOME!!!
    really liked it.
    good job really. 2.4 is going to be awesome.
    Last edited by metsikhovne; August 04, 2012 at 04:11 AM.

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

Amazing preview!

I like it that every tribe has its own 'identity'

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I wish I could see the sources, because those are some interesting teasers in the unit desc.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Bravo.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    I wish I could see the sources, because those are some interesting teasers in the unit desc.

~Wille
    sources for the tribes or the hole faction ?

Dogensu's Avatar Libertus

Are you guys gonna make one for KoJ too?

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

There's no need for that. KoJ already has extended roster. If anything, we will include paco's units.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Will this units added to the current ones? or will the current ones be replaced? Cuz the current Ansar Infantry was badass, one of my fav units.