Thread: Broken Crescent Real Regions Names;

Default Broken Crescent Real Regions Names;

I have researched all the names of BC map regions.
    Below is attached the file, it is fully save-compatible, and compatible with all BC versions or submod which use BC original map;

I have also modified some names of cities (five), but only in ERE and around Black See (I changed latin names to greek names, because latin was not used any more in ERE; and I modified the previous turkish-tatar names in Crimea not used before 15century, and remplaced them with greek names too, because Crimean cities were under byzantine influence and their historical names are in greeks until the mongol invasion).

two exceptions: Samandar and Majar, (samandar was destroyed by russians in 960 AD; Majar probably built by mongols in XIIIc), I didn't modified their names, because i didn't found better cities names in their areas for BC period.
    New city names will only appear in a new campaign. New regions names is able in any save game.

I have really tried to find the most historical or used names for each province.

If you have more informations, more knowledge, or you now how to write the name of a concerned region in his medieval language, please, don't keep it for yourself and share about.

So if you found a more appropriate name for a region in BC, send me a PM or a Post in this thread, with an external link as reference .

You only have to put this file in your text file (ex \Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\text
    and to overwrite on the existent Imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; May 16, 2013 at 02:18 PM.

Default Re: Broken Crescent Real Regions Names;

Thanks for this, Byzantineboy.

I will actually update this and Hellenize the Latin names of Greek cities if anyone is interested. We can have a "faction names" submod of sorts if someone is willing to review other factions as well.

EDIT: With your permission, I'd like to use your Real Region names for a submod. I've already replaced a whole bunch of settlement names. I've latinized the names of cities and Provinces in the Outremer/Levant, and I've hellenized the names of Byzantine cities.
    Last edited by atheniandp; May 16, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON