Thread: Finn Folcwald (Finn of Frisia)

Kdssow's Avatar Civis

Default Finn Folcwald (Finn of Frisia)

Finn Folcwald (Finn Folcwalding) is presumed to be the first king of the Frisians, and is more than a legendary character from Beowulf, he was the son of Folkwalding (Folkwaldan sunu) and was married to Hildeburh.

The Historical Finn Folcwalding lived around the early 5th century A.D, during the time of the migrations, and was ruler of Frisia. His center of power was presumed to be near Holstein (Denmark), where he struggled against the Danes.

Source: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finn_Folcwalding
    (Translated by me)
    Since this mod is set during the 5th century, is it possible to make Finn the Faction-leader of the Frisians in the comming updates?

And who is going to inhabit Denmark, appart from Rebel factions?
    I assume the Dena will inhabit it, together with the last remainder of Saxons and Jutes?

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Finn Folcwald (Finn of Frisia)

So far our three great historians, Cincinntus, Serapio and Ceretic have given the mod a huge historical imput where Bryonnic and Germanic factions are concerned. I don't know exactly about how the Frisian family three will be at the end, Rio or someone else from the team can answer that better.

But I can confirm that there are going to be two "Saxon" factions, one in Brittania the other on the continent. Oppps, I gave away to much info, hope Rio does't see this .

Cheers.

Domesticus

I need new underwear now

Kdssow's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    So far our three great historians, Cincinntus, Serapio and Ceretic have given the mod a huge historical imput where Bryonnic and Germanic factions are concerned. I don't know exactly about how the Frisian family three will be at the end, Rio or someone else from the team can answer that better.

But I can confirm that there are going to be two "Saxon" factions, one in Brittania the other on the continent. Oppps, I gave away to much info, hope Rio does't see this .

Cheers.
    Letīs not forget the Angles and Jutes who also reside in Denmark 400 A.D

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post

Cheers.
    Oooops !
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Quote Originally Posted by Kdssow View Post
    Letīs not forget the Angles and Jutes who also reside in Denmark 400 A.D
    They will be not a faction in Jutland. Rebel Jute and and Anglii factions will make up much of the peninsula Denmark. The Only faction in that region(below the Angles) will be the Old Saxons. They will be a new playable and a separate faction from the Saxons in Britannia.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod