Thread: [SOLVED] ACW and TAR

Default [SOLVED] ACW and TAR

I can't seem to get these mods to work together. When i start up ACW i get a message that says there are files in Empire's data folder that don't belong neither Vanilla or ACW. Then when i start up the game it crashes on the first loading screen without an error message. TAR works fine, so i don't know what i've done wrong. Any Ideas?

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Default Re: ACW and TAR

Quote Originally Posted by TheEunuch View Post
    I can't seem to get these mods to work together. When i start up ACW i get a message that says there are files in Empire's data folder that don't belong neither Vanilla or ACW. Then when i start up the game it crashes on the first loading screen without an error message. TAR works fine, so i don't know what i've done wrong. Any Ideas?
    The problem is, that TAR is putting packs in your data folder, which corrupted our mod. Not all TAR files are removed in their launcher.
    Maybe you can show us a screenshot of your data folder?
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Large scale mods cannot work together. Start TAR, find a button (I suppose there is one) that restores your game in vanilla status (it will not uninstall mod), and then start ACW. If you want to play TAR, start ACW and when you close it select Vanilla Ready.

Alternatively, start ACW and use from menu the Check Files utility. Remove all the files it will find. These files will not be deleted but moved in data/nonvanilafiles folder. If you want to play TAR, start ACW and when you close it select Vanilla Ready. Then move back the files form data/nonvanilafiles to data.
    Last edited by husserlTW; July 31, 2012 at 04:37 AM.

Here's the data file

is there away to automatic transfer the file after i'm done with ACW

EDIT: merged posts; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; August 01, 2012 at 01:45 AM. Reason: merging posts

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

is there away to automatic transfer the file after i'm done with ACW
    if you ask about removing the ACW files after you are done playing the ACW, it is quite simple... when exiting the launcher choose RESTORE VANILLA. by doing that, all of the ACW files will be removed to the ACW folder.

if you are talking about TAR, then you use their launcher to do the same. also, before playing the ACW you choose SETTINGS -> CHECK FILES and remove all of the files that are neither vanilla nor ACW. those files will be moved to the NONVANILLA folder which is easy to access from FILE -> GO -> DATA FOLDER. when you want to play TAR again simply move the TAR files from nonvanilla folder to your data folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    if you ask about removing the ACW files after you are done playing the ACW, it is quite simple... when exiting the launcher choose RESTORE VANILLA. by doing that, all of the ACW files will be removed to the ACW folder.

if you are talking about TAR, then you use their launcher to do the same. also, before playing the ACW you choose SETTINGS -> CHECK FILES and remove all of the files that are neither vanilla nor ACW. those files will be moved to the NONVANILLA folder which is easy to access from FILE -> GO -> DATA FOLDER. when you want to play TAR again simply move the TAR files from nonvanilla folder to your data folder.

I cannot thank you enough. I can finally enjoy two of the best mods for ETW

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

I cannot thank you enough. I can finally enjoy two of the best mods for ETW
    pleasure is all mine... enjoy the game...

SOLVED&