Thread: A small suggestion

Default A small suggestion

Hey I read somewhere that most Indian Warriors were equal in Sword and bow, so is it possible you could make a unit like that?? Kind of like that Turkish unit in M2TW or the Persian Cavalry for Parthia in the vanilla RTW. Thanks

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: A small suggestion

Well, we do have a lot of Indian bow units and a lot of Indian sword units The longbow unit should be effective at both, though it is primarily an archer of course.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

O ok lol And a quick question, Do you think the Mauryan Empire should be included in Rome 2? Because I think it would be awesome and a great counterpart to the Seleucuids and the Parthians

It would be nice if they go that far east. I kinda doubt they will, though. The Indian Kingdoms are their own story, and quite separate from Rome. They will no doubt have the capability to represent them on the same map as Rome (which one doesn't really have on RTW - even we just have the western portion of their empire), but I don't think they'll have the will. They might surprise me, though

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwordofRome View Post
    Hey I read somewhere that most Indian Warriors were equal in Sword and bow, so is it possible you could make a unit like that?? Kind of like that Turkish unit in M2TW or the Persian Cavalry for Parthia in the vanilla RTW. Thanks
    that is not true. that amount of all-round training was received only by princes and kids of the noble families.

regular archers did however receive training in swordsmanship in addition to archery. for the elite longbow units, this meant sword training over a very long time, making them quite competent at it.

Hannibal Baca's Avatar Decanus
    Serbia in Multicipi of Bajina Basta in small vilage called Gvozdac

So make all indian archers stronger in mele,than their conterparts.

Developer also i am part of Rise of Nations and Black Knights.
    Tiger of Islam Group

we did.

Hannibal Baca's Avatar Decanus
    Serbia in Multicipi of Bajina Basta in small vilage called Gvozdac

Qusetion,is gang most fertile part of the world map ?

Developer also i am part of Rise of Nations and Black Knights.
    Tiger of Islam Group

I'm afraid the Ganges aren't on the map It ends a bit east of the Indus river.