Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HCS download and Official Submods

Default Re: HCS download,RS2 Environments and other submods

Quote Originally Posted by swhunter View Post
    Hi, concerning this, HCS download,RS2 Environments.
    Where are the instructions, On- "RS2 Environments"? We in RS, just either have SVN update for the team, or patches.
    Please give details. Thanks.
    install it like you would a patch. open the RS2_Environment_for_Hegemonia City States.rar, highlight the "data" folder, click on extract, copy to: C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\BI\hcs\ (or wherever your hcs folder is), when asked to overwrite, click yes. Thats it.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Thank you, BTW i love your cities guys, very detailed.

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    install it like you would a patch. open the RS2_Environment_for_Hegemonia City States.rar, highlight the "data" folder, click on extract, copy to: C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\BI\hcs\ (or wherever your hcs folder is), when asked to overwrite, click yes. Thats it.
    When i open the attachment,[ fromn the download] it gives all the files, Do i highlight all files and extract it? To C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\BI\hcs\ Hcs folder.The reason why I'm asking, i extract that highlighted file and it doesnt overwrite, but makes another folder next to the others. It's been a while since i done this. Here is a pic.
    I delted that folder, Envirments which was along the others. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture009.jpg  
    Last edited by swhunter; August 10, 2013 at 05:36 PM.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

The files inside the RS2 invironment folder should go into BI/HCS/data and overwrite/replace the vanilla ones.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by Sertorio View Post
    The files inside the RS2 invironment folder should go into BI/HCS/data and overwrite/replace the vanilla ones.
    Sorry to be a pain, but I'm not getting any overwrite. That's what i followed in my path on extract from the attachment.
    And i get a meessage that the path isnt correct. :\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\BI\hcs
    But this seems ok. Is my name on the folder for the mod missing it up? I wouldnt think so. Thanks,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture007.jpg   picture008.jpg   picture010.jpg  
    Last edited by swhunter; August 10, 2013 at 07:48 PM.

you almost got it right, ok when you open the RS2_Environment_for_Hegemonia City States.rar, there's a folder called "RS2_Environment_for_Hegemonia City States", click on that folder, then there should be a folder called "data" highlight the "data" folder and extract that into your hcs folder, it will ask you to overwrite if you've done it correctly click yes to all.
    Last edited by the man, the myth, the legend; August 10, 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    “The hardest thing in the world is to assume the mood of a warrior. It is of no use to be sad and complain and feel justified in doing so, believing that someone is always doing something to us. Nobody is doing anything to anybody, much less to a warrior.” ― Don Juan
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by the man, the myth, the legend View Post
    you almost got it right, ok when you open the RS2_Environment_for_Hegemonia City States.rar, there's a folder called "RS2_Environment_for_Hegemonia City States", click on that folder, then there should be a folder called "data" highlight the "data" folder and extract that into your hcs folder, it will ask you to overwrite if you've done it correctly click yes to all.
    I can't find how to extract it from the, "data", folder. Your not talking about copy and paste right? here are some pics.

I open up the attachment first from the download, "it has files",highlight and grab all the files, and extract them to BI/HcS/ it creates a -folder. Then its placed altogether in its own, "folder", and no overwrites. I followed your steps to the letter, "RS2_Environment_for_Hegemonia City States", click on that folder, then there should be a folder called "data"
    When i right click there is no- extracts. If i click on this folder it opens all the other files and folders, and i know that isnt it either.

see my point? Sorry to bug you guys, but thanks for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails picture007.jpg   picture008.jpg   picture015.jpg  
    Last edited by swhunter; August 11, 2013 at 01:37 AM.

Open RS2 enviro until you reach "data" and copy, open BI/HCS until you reach data and paste. Now you must be getting an overwrite/replace. Yes to all.

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Thank you.

Just created a Moddb page for Hegemonia City States ! http://www.moddb.com/mods/hegemonia-city-states

I hope it will give the mod some publicy .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Nice Nelduin, copied your link to first page, more visibility there. +Rep

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

any news about the rewrite of the mod to avoid the crashes?

everyone is probably busy playing the new rome total war

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

I need some help guys.

1. Is this mod overwrite the vanilla?
    2. I installed it on RTW folder (not inside bi folder) then click the shortcut => the mod intro screen started then crash!
    3. I reinstall it inside bi folder yet when I click on the shortcut a strange 'credit' notepage pop up and nothing happened!

What am I suppose to do to made this mod work?
    Last edited by nhinhonhinho; October 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM.

You must use your option 3. but you need to edit the shortcut. Here is how mine looks: "D:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/hcs -show_err -nm

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

OK thanks I can play it now

anyone got a working link for the Anti Stack Spam script by I-Alexander-I???

The Thespian - Rome 2? i tried to like that game i truly did but in the end i found myself back here where it all began for me
    Last edited by genko; May 06, 2014 at 04:52 PM.

I'll be updating the links...links up.
    Last edited by Sertorio; May 07, 2014 at 10:29 PM.

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

cheers Sertorio 7 years ago i made an account for this mod i'm glad it still gets the attention it deserves

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Be carefool when downlanding and opening the mod instraler it seems that it contained one of those "fake interpol troyans" which want you to sent the money for unlocking your computer. Fortunatelly my defence was strong enough to deal with it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast