Thread: Questions about Nagaroth

Icon5 Questions about Nagaroth

I just finished a full campaign as Nagaroth, and I have a bunch of questions about the mod.

1. When does Malekith appear?
    My game lasted about 150 turns before I had conquered 45 regions, and I never got the guy. Also, why is he on a horse? Doesn't he have one of them black dragons to ride around on? Or don't they hatch until a time line that isn't part of the game.

2. What does all the notifications about stuff around the world do?
    During the game, i got a bunch of historical events. They described battles and other stuff that seems to have happened in the warhammer lore, but they didn't seem to have any impact on the game. They also don't seem to have any relation to what is going on in the game. I had "the Anars are traitors" pup up way after I had burned the nation to the ground.

3. How does Nagaroth build sorcerers?
    I started the game with Morathi and her bodyguard of sorceress, and one unit of normal sorcerers. I couldn't see any buildings that allowed production of more sorcerers. I thought that maybe you had to take Saphery, since they have the main mage towers, but i couldn't make any there either.

4. Is there any way besides conquest/bribery to get the cultist owned cities to join up as Nagaroth?
    I found it semi-anoying that i couldn't get those cultist towns into my realm, so they could pay me taxes n stuff, without having to declare war on them. Had to do without them because of that.

5. Is it on purpose that Morathi and her girls shoot direct fire (like guns), while all the other mages/sorceres shoot in arcs (like arrows)?
    It just seems a bit weird, and a bit annoying that she can't bomb stuff back to the stone-age when they hide behind stuff, while the normal sorcerers can.

Default Re: Questions about Nagaroth

It is Nagarythe, not Naggaroth

1) Malekith spawns around turn 175 to match the chronology of the Sundering events. He is on horse because we did not had time to work on black dragons.

2) the historical events are only here to help noobs to learn about the Sundering conflict in detailed. we plan to add some scripted battles to match the historical events that mention battles but we didn't wanted to make a full baby-sitting campaign with hundreds of scripted armies like COW. So we prefered to leave freedom to our players, enjoying a sandbox campaign while enjoying the immersion of the historical notes.

3) sorceress are not yet in campaign because nagarythe is already too powerful.

4) when you do not play Nagarythe, cultists use to give their settlement to Nagarythe

5) Morathi is by far the strongest (even overpowered) unit in the entire game, her missiles are even more powerful than archimages of saphery. you also wish them to shoot in 360 degree while making you coffee?

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade