Thread: [TGW AAR] The Battle of Bavaria (An Italian AAR)

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default [TGW AAR] The Battle of Bavaria (An Italian AAR)

This is my first AAR, so bear with me. This is just a backstory post, will make an AAR post when I can.

My name is Giani Castiglioni, Major General of the Army of Northern Italy. I conquered Tyrol, freed Hungary and Bavaria, and fought in the Battle of Vienna. I broke Austria to her knees, captured and executed the Emperor, and put his son the Duke of Austria on the throne in his stead. Now, however, the Germans have moved into Bavaria, dragging Italy once again into the Great War. It was a horrendous fight in Bavaria, with Loyalists and Germanists duking it out in the forests, streets, and fields for months. I was despatched from Milan with the purpose of restoring order to Bavaria, but Munich was taken by the Germanist Bavarians before I could reach Bavaria, the Duke of Bavaria slain and hung out over the Palace. I marched to Munich to put down the revolt and free the Bavarians once again, but Germany had moved armies into the region following the rebellion.

Default Re: [TGW AAR] The Battle of Bavaria (An Italian AAR)

Early April, 1916... A battle has been fought and won, but at the price of many hundreds of lives... The Alpini, the elite Alpine soldiers of the Italian army, were nearly wiped out... It seems, though, that the Germans have endless men, for now Castiglioni has wiped out four German armies since the initial police actions in Bavaria, and more are coming into sight from the north.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by King Eugene I
    General Castiglioni:

I have received your report, and I am very glad that you have won your battle, despite your heavy losses. However, I also understand your situation about the seemingly endless German military. For that reason I am now sending the Royal Austrian Army under General Gotfriend Uhlenbrock to assist you by taking the German stronghold of Prague, which, if intelligence is correct, is a hotbed of Bavarian Germanist forces and likely a large part of your current problem. I have also ordered the recruitment of eight more Alipini battalions, which are being recruited as I send you this message. They will be ready in one month. I expect you to at least hold your ground until they can be sent to reinforce your army. I am, though, rather concerned at your apparent lack of progress - twice now you have had Munich under siege, and twice now you have beaten German forces outside the city, but so far you have failed to win me the city itself. I expect you to control Munich in two months' time, no more.

King Eugene I de Beauharnais, King of Italy, Austria, Hungary, and Bavaria

Castiglioni read the letter and crumpled it in anger. Yes, he would be getting much-needed soldiers, and another force will be sent in the hope of relieving him of the German army, but two months? Impossible, not until Prague is taken at any rate. Still, though, he sits down to write his report to the King.

Quote Originally Posted by General Gianni Castiglioni
    Your Majesty the King of Italy:

I, General Castiglioni, have due to losses sustained at Munich retreated back to the friendly lands of Austria, where I will hope to recruit more men to fill the ranks while waiting for reinforcements from Italy. I thank Your Highness for Your Highness's generosity in giving me more men, and in sending a relief force to Prague. However, I do not believe that I can take Munich in two months' time, as that gives me hardly two weeks to besiege, assault, and capture Munich. That said, I do intend to march on Bavaria as soon as practicable. Conscripts from Tyrol, cavalrymen from Tunisia, and riflemen from Venetia have been ordered, and I will have forces sufficient to do the job most likely in two weeks. In addition, the ranks of the light infantry are being filled by Bavarian volunteers, who hopefully will fight as well as the Italians they are replacing. Supplies are not plentiful, but we have enough for the next month and more can be shipped in from Austria.

General Gianni Castiglioni

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Nice start + rep

Thanks!

But, as I've now started the
    Battle of Prague

and had the game crash on me while loading it 6 times, this may be going nowhere. In addition while fighting a German army in Bavaria, same thing (though only tried to fight that one once). So my campaign might be crap, especially as after trying for the 7th time I can't even load the campaign without a CTD.