Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [ACW] SteamShip MOD [Rel]

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Default Re: [ACW] SteamShip MOD [Rel]

Quote Originally Posted by Murat ÖZCAN View Post
    I heard they had been fake from primergy At least try the zouave model which I mentioned before of course if it is possible.
    Murat, Zouaves are already in this mod and the model is 100 % accurate and historical correct. There wont be any new zouave model in B&G.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Murat, Zouaves are already in this mod and the model is 100 % accurate and historical correct. There wont be any new zouave model in B&G.
    OF course I didn't mean they were inaccurate but what about new york zouaves with sariq?It looks good,I think
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

Guys i really need ro say sorry for my stupidness. The flags are wrong when playing with csa of course i am on it fixing this issue

Sorry again

This is wonderful! Good job.

So the Steamship model is from the wrong century, but it is possible to make a new texture right? I think it won't look so bad if it can be retextured to look more like it was made in the 1860's ,i.e. remove the gold trim and fancy windows, and a new pain job. I think most steamers from this era were painted white correct?

I hope this can get integrated into the mod in the future and see some civil war sailor models too.

Icon7 Re: [ACW] SteamShip MOD [Rel]

Quote Originally Posted by [NC]Master View Post
    i wil look at it tomorrow but it is dificult for me to find the problem with this small explonation of your problem
    Very Nice mod chap, love it Great work pal! btw, you should make the wood textures look like iron!
    Keep the work up!

ok, i can't get this mod to work. My ACW is updated but whenever i start up the game i crash to desktop. any ideas?

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Icon1 Re: [ACW] SteamShip MOD [Rel]

Quote Originally Posted by TheEunuch View Post
    ok, i can't get this mod to work. My ACW is updated but whenever i start up the game i crash to desktop. any ideas?
    The problem is that the launcher has the order to start up the steamship mod but the steamship mod is not in your data folder in the following your game is going to crash!

I do this:
    1. Remove the bg_steamship pack file from ETW folder to desktop.
    2. Then start up launcher (update to 3.4.1) without bg_steamship pack.
    3. When the launcher is open move the bg_steamship pack file into ETW-data folder

Then it should work.

Other things:
    - start steam before ACW
    - reboot pc after crash

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain John K. View Post
    The problem is that the launcher has the order to start up the steamship mod but the steamship mod is not in your data folder in the following your game is going to crash!

I do this:
    1. Remove the bg_steamship pack file from ETW folder to desktop.
    2. Then start up launcher (update to 3.4.1) without bg_steamship pack.
    3. When the launcher is open move the bg_steamship pack file into ETW-data folder

Then it should work.

Other things:
    - start steam before ACW
    - reboot pc after crash
    Alright thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupanibre View Post
    This is wonderful! Good job.

So the Steamship model is from the wrong century, but it is possible to make a new texture right? I think it won't look so bad if it can be retextured to look more like it was made in the 1860's ,i.e. remove the gold trim and fancy windows, and a new pain job. I think most steamers from this era were painted white correct?

I hope this can get integrated into the mod in the future and see some civil war sailor models too.
    At glance the most common paint scheme for warships of the era seemed to have been dark blue with a white strip along the gun deck and possibly elsewhere. Stern windows were usually much reduced compared to 18th century construction, stronger bow and stern structure was one of the changes, but
    it seems to have varied a lot with some ships having just gunport size windows and others retaining quarter galleries and relatively large glass surface.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ner_Harbor.JPG
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2507781...3234/lightbox/

USS Mississippi side wheel frigate

The USN still had some sail only and side wheels steam frigates/sloops that might be represented by retexturing existing game models. The CSN however had little of the sort, CSS Patrick Henry and not much else as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by marcello; August 20, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

Guys i really need ro say sorry for my stupidness. The flags are wrong when playing with csa of course i am on it fixing this issue

Sorry again
    Hi,
    What is the progress in this thing? Is this still improved?
    Greeting

well i am stocked here at the moment flags of the ships work fine but the flags over the ships i can't manage to get the right ones one file seams to hide somewhere and i can't find it i would have to edit a whole other pack files to find this crapy probably some kb big file and then the steamship mod would just be to big to grantee a good functionality.Because then i had to exchange the whole package Maybe i will upload the version which i'm stocked at!

Greatings
    Hope you excuse me that i was not active some days i really like to see that there is such a big interest in this mod and will again try to figure out where this bastard flag is hiding

well i am stocked here at the moment flags of the ships work fine but the flags over the ships i can't manage to get the right ones one file seams to hide somewhere and i can't find it i would have to edit a whole other pack files to find this crapy probably some kb big file and then the steamship mod would just be to big to grantee a good functionality.Because then i had to exchange the whole package Maybe i will upload the version which i'm stocked at!

Greatings
    Hope you excuse me that i was not active some days i really like to see that there is such a big interest in this mod and will again try to figure out where this bastard flag is hiding
    Hello,
    No problem. The submod is already very helpful and good.
    I can make blockades and landings.
    It`s OK. The rest would be what for the eye. Maybe you find the solution.
    Please not destroy the PC with the search.
    I wish you a lot of success.

Chieftain John K.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Greatings
    well, from what I can tell you is that: in all cases the flags you need to edit are those of the britain faction (that much you probably know already). however, they are spread in few packs if I am correct and maybe you will have to edit the startpos.esf files also... I know I am not much help here

anyhow, I am monitoring the progress of this sub-mod an will be glad to award it the official sub-mod logo once you deal with this "nuisance flag" mate... cheers and keep up the good work...

OK thanks for your kind words and help here is the new version !

Flags for US Campaign all working
    Flags for CS Campaign flags over the ships not working everything else fine!

So go ahead!

PS: About texture editing it would be possible but only some guys know which files to edit and how exactly to edit so its working in ga^me and i am not that kind of guy

V1.1
    fix for Flags not 100%
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by [NC]Master; August 29, 2012 at 07:44 AM.

[REL]
    Mod finished all links updated

I went throgh the forum and noticed that there are some guys having problems getting the mod to work!

It is realy important to follow the steps in the first post! AND make sure you have both files in your data folder!

While playing USA there are still issues with the flags over the ships but ship flags should work fine!

Also, my fault, what iron? this is a steamship mod! Just me being confused thinking of ironclad mod haha!
    Then in this case, very nice work!

Just wondering, is it multiple steamship types, or just the one ship?

Just wondering, is it multiple steamship types, or just the one ship?
    Only One type per nation

if i have the time i try to make also the files for the rti campaign but atm i am doing other stuff

Libertus

I keep getting a message that says "Mod not yet availble" when i try to enable it in the sub mods tab of the launcher, anyone know what to do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast