Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NPC Faction - Horonians

Default Re: NPC Faction - Horonians

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    This brings another thought to mind though. There is a limit for factions, correct? So is there a limit to how many units there can be?
    500, IIRC. Though each can have as many skins as factions.
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

I'm playing as zora and I gave the horons 2 of my regions. So they built their own barracks on these two. And now I've already taken back the regions with their barracks but why can't I train any horons at all (it's blank in recruitment)? Any help is appreciated.

You can't build their units unless you get the assimilation event.

Oh! So I have to ally with them to get this event and train the horons then. Thanks a lot.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

I kind of have a problem with how some of the units look in this mod, The Horon soldiers are light infantry who are not well equipped and they LOOK like heavy infantry

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    I kind of have a problem with how some of the units look in this mod, The Horon soldiers are light infantry who are not well equipped and they LOOK like heavy infantry
    I agree with this. The Horonians aren't supposed to be well equipped at all, and currently wear more armor than the infantry of Ordona, which is described as having a stronger military. Instead of their swords and iron armor, I think they should wear leather armor and use either a two-handed spear or a pair of sickles.

You do raise a compelling point, for a rural city state without a proper army they do have extremely elaborate armor.

HerofTime's Avatar Tiro

Decorative like the Zora, yet is still very convincing?

"Metsu Ryū Ōgi...! Gōma Tetsu Jin Ken!!!" -Gajeel Redfox

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Some potentially amazing news everyone: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Memory-Editing

What this means for those too lazy to read the link:

1) 1000 unit limit, not 500
    2) Probably an increased faction limit, which means more NPC's and all the expansion factions being playable in custom battles in HTW.
    2) Unit limits reduced to 1 instead of the weird arbitrary 4.
    3) Performance fixes.
    4) Increased culture limits, meaning everyone gets their own interface without needing the launcher and their own siege items
    5) Possibly all sorts of much needed changes, such as archers being able to fire within melee range (Kamikaze units).
    So could the NPC-factions get a few new units?
    I was thinking we could add these..

For the Horonians.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1) Mage spinner: Horonians who have just unlocked the first steps of Magic but barely know how they did it. They are a ranged unit that attacks just like the small green and purple Fairy's.

Well if we want to keep the nature theme of this faction while also doing sort of a tech theme as well, as in working together with nature but still advancing, sort of a hybrid of lybranna and the fairies. Probably want to look at the two factions and cotton pick some things for this one.

Unit ideas: Druid, ranged unit that sends vines out that choke a unit killing them. Or makes roots spring from the ground shredding the enemy. For a non magic view on it the vines could be nets that act sort of like the predator nets when they catch a person the squeeze and shred the caught person

Longbowmen: Longbow users having the greatest range of the archers of other factions, gives the faction a decent range advantage

Winter Gunner: Using scavenged and built rifles these fighters shoot ember seeds, working like flame arrows in doing additional morale damage but they fire slower than normal rifles.

Gale Wardens: Skirmish unit that throws gale seeds, they knock down a foe but do not kill them, used to help slow an enemy down so your ranged units can shoot more to help whittle them down

Spring Swordsmen: Wielding fierce greatswords these light infantry cover themselves in the juice of scent seeds to draw foes towards them where they charge at a foe with berserk like fury. May be able to draw foes towards them easier with a taunt

Summer scouts: A recon soldier that runs even faster than normal recon groups. Armed with a simple sword they scout the field for the army of Horonian

Clockwork soldiers: The only heavy infantry the faction has, they can not be recruited and instead spawn randomly. They are slow moving but have two wounds. Arm them with a hammer possibly

Bombchu herders: Combining the power of an animal with an explosive these bombs are prized by the Horonians, combining their practice of technology and nature into one explosive package. Serves as a makeshift siege unit for the horonians

Temple Guardians: Light infantry armed with a sword and pistol.

Din "Random last name": Hero unit, named after one of the goddeses this woman was made into the oracle of seasons. Power is a knock down effect for opponents as the winds of the season knock down everyone in range but does not kill them. Has a cool down, her weapon is a rod aka the rod of seasons. Bodyguard unit is temple guardians.

Bipin: A simple farmer who knows the secrets of growing many of the famous nuts the region produces, while not a violent man he is forced more and more to join arms with his fellow horonians to defend the land. Bodyguard Winter gunners, power can be a random seed

Syrup or Maple: A witch known for their many potions, they lend their aid to the horoians to help heal and keep them on their feet. Often seen flying on her broom (If maple). Leads Horonain mystics. Power is to restore stanima and health once per battle (Syrup at the very least has appeared in several zelda games)

Ruul: I believe you had an idea for this hero, but could potentially have a bodyguard of spring swordsman

Weakness of the factions would be lack of spears, lack of Calvary, lack of siege units (Exciption being the bombchu hearders) and lack of heavy infantry (the exception being the clockwork soldiers). While I think they would make a great full faction they do have a lot of weaknesses and lack units types on their list. This can keep them interesting as an NPC faction while also keeping them weak enough compared to the other factions to be beaten

These where just some ideas I had and was thinking on, if this faction has a strength then it would be in disrupting formations, where ordiania has good Calvary probably the best units for the horonians is their range game. This faction could also serve to make the east have a three way battle of forces.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

The Horonians aren't intended to be a powerful faction, and aren't even playable. Horon is simply an npc village to be absorbed.

Ah, the first people I ever willingly assimilated. The Horonians are a real weak bunch (economically strong though, they tend to build quick), but I love 'em to death for joining me before anyone else.

In-character, my little much-more-benevolent-yet-still-ambitious Deku King warmly welcomed them into the Deku Empire, and showed them off to the world as proof that his people could be both cosmopolitan and powerful in equal accord. Naturalistic, yet urban and civilized. The Zora perceived this expansion to their borders as a threat, and attempted to convince the Horonians to seek their own independence again, which they refused. The Zora then found no other option but to wash the residents of Holodrum away, to which both the Horonians and their new Deku lords strongly objected. After a lengthy war, the Deku were eventually successful in protecting their new Horonian subjects and earned their eternal gratitude for protection of their culture.

Many other small cultures took notice of the ardent protection those that were once thought to be angry pests gave to their client race, and began to petition for their own entry to the Empire; into fealty to the Deku King. Was it out of love for this odd instance of bloody charity, or was it for fear that this new war-torn reality that Hyrule faced would crush them and toss the remains of their peoples as dust in the wind? Regardless, their numbers made the Empire swell with wealth, safety, and an odd sense of unity despite their grand diversity.

...to this day, people are still incredulous about the whole thing. "...you said the Deku Scrubs did all that?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cielo the Pachirisu View Post
    Ah, the first people I ever willingly assimilated. The Horonians are a real weak bunch (economically strong though, they tend to build quick), but I love 'em to death for joining me before anyone else.

In-character, my little much-more-benevolent-yet-still-ambitious Deku King warmly welcomed them into the Deku Empire, and showed them off to the world as proof that his people could be both cosmopolitan and powerful in equal accord. Naturalistic, yet urban and civilized. The Zora perceived this expansion to their borders as a threat, and attempted to convince the Horonians to seek their own independence again, which they refused. The Zora then found no other option but to wash the residents of Holodrum away, to which both the Horonians and their new Deku lords strongly objected. After a lengthy war, the Deku were eventually successful in protecting their new Horonian subjects and earned their eternal gratitude for protection of their culture.

Many other small cultures took notice of the ardent protection those that were once thought to be angry pests gave to their client race, and began to petition for their own entry to the Empire; into fealty to the Deku King. Was it out of love for this odd instance of bloody charity, or was it for fear that this new war-torn reality that Hyrule faced would crush them and toss the remains of their peoples as dust in the wind? Regardless, their numbers made the Empire swell with wealth, safety, and an odd sense of unity despite their grand diversity.

...to this day, people are still incredulous about the whole thing. "...you said the Deku Scrubs did all that?!"
    lol. The Deku will rule the world.

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but perhaps some sort of Beast-Master (or a similar sounding name) unit that is capable of recruiting wild beasts, much in the way other factions might recruit mercenaries, only in this case with no cost (or a greatly reduced one) required to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nergali View Post
    Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but perhaps some sort of Beast-Master (or a similar sounding name) unit that is capable of recruiting wild beasts, much in the way other factions might recruit mercenaries, only in this case with no cost (or a greatly reduced one) required to do so.

Should it be A general? And it can recruit Wild Life as mercenaries. That would be great. It would make a Good sub mod, that would make the Horonians a playable faction. With out having to make hole new units in the export_descr_unit file. If we had to make hole new units for them. We would be past the unit cap. And would have to take some units out for the mod/idea.

That was actually the original plan for Wizzrobe Conjurers, but for some reason UN chose not to implement it.

Could we get Syger Riders as a Horonian unit when the overhaul gets released?

Quote Originally Posted by Codeman11 View Post
    Could we get Syger Riders as a Horonian unit when the overhaul gets released?
    Hmm..... Could be interesting.
    I assume your talking about this?
    http://zelda.gamepedia.com/Syger
    Though I would rather the Horonian Mystics could cast limited magics.
    Perhaps they would be non-lethal Mages. That would do crowd control and demoralise the enemy.
    Also their Townsfolk unit. I think should be able to Put up Sand Bags/Wooden Stakes/Barricades. They are Living in the wild after all. With no support from any one else. So being able to halt the advance of a large Monster or the cavalry charge of some raiders. Would be useful in .... well.... many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    Hmm..... Could be interesting.
    I assume your talking about this?
    http://zelda.gamepedia.com/Syger
    Though I would rather the Horonian Mystics could cast limited magics.
    Perhaps they would be non-lethal Mages. That would do crowd control and demoralise the enemy.
    Also their Townsfolk unit. I think should be able to Put up Sand Bags/Wooden Stakes/Barricades. They are Living in the wild after all. With no support from any one else. So being able to halt the advance of a large Monster or the cavalry charge of some raiders. Would be useful in .... well.... many ways.
    I'm for Horon Soldiers getting dumped. They don't fit the naturalistic vibe the Horonians are supposed to have.

But i still think Ruul's beard looks great. I bet it could look even greater with a new model.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345