Default NPC Faction - Tokay

Tokay

Main Color: Mint Green
    Religion: No Deity Worship
    Culture: Barbaric
    Rival Factions: Labrynna Regime
    Cordial Factions: Labrynna Regime

Strengths, Weaknesses, and Abilities:
    - Resource Rich: Crescent Island is a land teeming with many resources, many which the Tokay do not even use.
    - Backwards Culture: Tokay society is considered very backwards to that of other empires. They are more concerned with rare foods and colorful clothing as currency rather then rupees and financial wealth. This also makes them very easy to be manipulated by outside influences.
    - Willing Slaves: Many Tokay are willing to give up their freedom for a nice outfit and a daily meal. This makes them very cheap mercenaries and very willing to fight in foreign wars that they don't even understand.

How to make them appear in the Campaign: The Tokay spawn after you discover Crescent Island.

The primitive Tokay are native to the lush Crescent island, just south of Labrynna. They are a culturally awkward peoples with many customs considered odd by many. Rank and stature in their society is usually determined by absurdly simple materials rather then skill: a Tokay that has a shirt with short sleeves is considered more important and superior then a Tokay that has a shirt with no sleeves for instance. This has made the Tokay extremely easy to manipulate and dupe out of their untapped resources by more civilized cultures. So naive and lost to their little reality are the Tokay that they often willingly let themselves become slaves to others, thinking that the outfit and food provided to them makes them better then their brothers. Indeed more then half the Tokay population serve as unpaid workers, soldiers, and prostitutes in the Labrynna Regime.

Tokay Unit Roster

Standard Units
    Hunters
    Fishermen
    Rock Throwers
    Bonkers

Siege Weaponry
    None

Command Units
    Sleeved One

Agents
    Tokay Talker

Special/Other Units:
    None

Heroes/Bosses:
    Otaylo

Details and pictures of units coming soon.

Last edited by UndyingNephalim; September 09, 2012 at 07:42 PM.

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: NPC Faction - Tokay

Prostitute Tokay....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

OK What.

What.

Just, how, why, why is that there.

Why did that word have to show up Neph? That image, that image has been burned into my mind like a cattle brand.

Why

Oh Neph... Why, oh why, do you insist in putting sex where it has no business being?

I mean, I'm sure there may be Tokay prostitutes... for other Tokays. But I can't imagine a human wanting to tap this

...okay there's deviants, but I doubt their numbers would make this profitable.

Ultimately though, I imagine this will have no relevance to the mod, so eh...
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; October 01, 2012 at 09:07 AM.

Would'nt it be fun to be able to instigate a tokay rebellion against their Labrynnian overlords? It could be a mission when playing as another faction, with requirements that have to be met. As the tokay are pretty dense and easily impressed they could be tricked and used as a way to weaken Labrynna ahead of your own eventual invasion. Not only buying them as mercenaries for your own armies, but strengthen the tokay faction and change their diplomatic relations. Maybe they could spawn as an allied army when fighting Labrynna, a mix of hunters and tokay deserters from the Labrynna army (like with the goblin factions in tatw, I think its in the barons submod, where one factions army, when attacked in certain provinces, can use "the drums of the deep" to spawn an allied army to help them).

Just a sudden idea (brainfart) which could change things up a little, probably not worth the amount of work, and proably not necessary at all if the tokay faction works in the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Formann View Post
    Would'nt it be fun to be able to instigate a tokay rebellion against their Labrynnian overlords? It could be a mission when playing as another faction, with requirements that have to be met. As the tokay are pretty dense and easily impressed they could be tricked and used as a way to weaken Labrynna ahead of your own eventual invasion. Not only buying them as mercenaries for your own armies, but strengthen the tokay faction and change their diplomatic relations. Maybe they could spawn as an allied army when fighting Labrynna, a mix of hunters and tokay deserters from the Labrynna army (like with the goblin factions in tatw, I think its in the barons submod, where one factions army, when attacked in certain provinces, can use "the drums of the deep" to spawn an allied army to help them).

Just a sudden idea (brainfart) which could change things up a little, probably not worth the amount of work, and proably not necessary at all if the tokay faction works in the campaign.

I like it. I always love the oppurtunity to use diplomacy and sabatoge.

Seconded.

You know, the whole prostitute Tokay thing... it'd make sense if the clients were Lizalfos (besides otehr Tokays, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Seconded.

You know, the whole prostitute Tokay thing... it'd make sense if the clients were Lizalfos (besides otehr Tokays, of course).

i for one like to think humans/Hylians in this Hyrule have better taste than that. they go for hot Gerudo and Zora chicks. and if they are lucky they might get a humanoid fairy.

Tokay prostitutes are like going for a Lizalfos, or a Goron or something. ewwwwww.....

Cliff Lord female Courtesans. Let the mental image settle in your mind, let it "germinate" within you!

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    But I can't imagine a human wanting to tap this
    Considering all the Argonian maids and prostitutes in the Elder Scrolls games, you might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Formann View Post

It's been a plan I've not had a chance to work on yet.

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Considering all the Argonian maids and prostitutes in the Elder Scrolls games, you might be surprised.
    so true!
    Droma: :Rosa

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    It's been a plan I've not had a chance to work on yet.
    AWESOME!
    How much is my idea and your plan alike? Or is that a closely guarded secret for now?

Tribunus

As a fan of the franchise, I laughed when I read that last bit.

Rep for thee Nephalem.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Sadly this is very true. I honestly never understood why Bethesda insisted on making Argonian women the main concubines/prostitutes throughout the series. Sure, there were those of other races but the lizard-folk were the most common. Heck, if Bethesda can get away with that, then I definitely can overlook the Tokay thing.... especially since it's just background information and will have no effect on the mod whatsoever. Both Argonian and Tokay prostitutes are still creepy thoughts though.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

The event should e called "The Lusty Tokayan Prostitute" it would be magnificent!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Zectorman View Post
    The event should e called "The Lusty Tokayan Prostitute" it would be magnificent!
    Worst Elder Scrolls book ever.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    especially since it's just background information and will have no effect on the mod whatsoever.
    It was intended for humor after all.

So I was wondering if there could be something even GREATER than a Long-sleeved Tokay.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Guys dressed like that, probably with the special ability to chant, that ARE the Gods of the Tokay.

It'd be a fun way to give these guys some elite units.

Patrician Artifex

Robed Tokay.... the end is nigh....

GoldenGohma's Avatar Civis

... So what about a tokay with a robe that trails long behind him-or it's a really long robe and he's on stilts?

Arise, my army!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast