Thread: Faction - River Zora

Default Re: Faction - River Zora

*dies of heart attack*

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    *dies of heart attack*
    *Angelic voice*

We forbid you to die, Lord Serkol. There is still much more mod to be experienced.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Maybe they'll show up somewhere. I'd keep my eyes on the lookout.
    I'm so happy..............

I'm happier than tingle at children's playground right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    *Angelic voice*

We forbid you to die, Lord Serkol. There is still much more mod to be experienced.
    Ah... thanks. It's good to be back.

Ideally, for these guys we'd only need 5 models:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Recruits

Guards

Soldier

Chief

Knight (hero unit)

Possibly a sixth (but not really neccessary, can use the "horned" model) the Bomb Thrower

The rest we'd be able to cover with recolors and weapon swaps, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    I'm so happy..............

I'm happier than tingle at children's playground right now.
    *dies of abject horror*

Arg, Mjolnr, you killed our beloved Serkol again by bringing up that deranged murderer.

I would suggest the Ball and Chain guy as a model, but I doubt that could even work with the ME II engine. In that regard, I'm good with those 5. Got any archer models? Oh, I almost forgot. *Casts resurrection*

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Arg, Mjolnr, you killed our beloved Serkol again by bringing up that deranged murderer.
    Back again, thanks! Actually it was mostly the result of thinking "Wait, why would Tingle be so happy to be in a children playground?"

I would suggest the Ball and Chain guy as a model, but I doubt that could even work with the ME II engine.
    Like I was saying, that's the beauty of it:
    These guys

are these guys with a different weapon and color

And similarly

Got any archer models?

so are these!

And we know Neph has no issue with recolors, just look at all those little fairies
    Also, about the Ball & Chain, Neph said it's no so much that it can't be done... but rather that it's a royal pain in the arse to animate it.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol
    Also, about the Ball & Chain, Neph said it's no so much that it can't be done... but rather that it's a royal pain in the arse to animate it.
    Yup ball and chains are possible, just probably the hardest thing to animate along with whips (coincidentally the two weapons Onox and Veran use?)

I don't believe that I have mentioned anywhere that the River Zora are going to be a playable race.
    they are pre-OoT, were going to appear in campaign anyway, have lots of units, and this thread is even called Faction, instead of NPC faction, while you said the second mystery faction was mentioned somewhere. Enough reason to believe they're the mystery faction

But now you said stuff about the ALttP soldiers, and I'm confused
    Last edited by rik209; September 08, 2012 at 10:02 AM.

Going back on topic, anyone seen this OoT concept art poster?

If you notice, it shows what Ruto would have looked like if Nintendo hadn't reinvented the Zoras completely for OoT (thus creating the "noble Sea Zoras" as would be later clarified inOracle of Ages)

Now that's what I expect a River Zora princess to look like. Kinda cute as a child but rather freaky as an adult!

I for one am glad Nintendo didn't stick with the River Zora design. Not only did it differentiate the Zora from the bad guys that were a royal pain at the beginning of the Original Legend of Zelda, but the noble Sea Zora are my favorite Zelda race. Yea, that would be a freaky-looking Ruto as an adult. Personally, I typically think of Ruto as the below picture whenever I hear her name. You can thank DeviantArt for that.

Credit to VanEvil:

Back on the subject of River Zora, are they only going to spawn along a specific river, or on all rivers on the map? Also, how frequently can we expect them to pop up and become a pest?

But would you agree that the one in that concept art would work perfectly as a River Zora princess?

But would you agree that the one in that concept art would work perfectly as a River Zora princess?
    Yes, and I find it creepy to be perfectly honest.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Now that's what I expect a River Zora princess to look like. Kinda cute as a child but rather freaky as an adult!
    There will be female River Zoras of royalty in charge... they are matriarchal (surprise).

. Personally, I typically think of Ruto as the below picture whenever I hear her name. You can thank DeviantArt for that.
    Credit to VanEvil:
    Van Evil actually did a lot of art for my last Zelda game. I wanted her to do loading screens for HTW but she sadly vanished off the face of the earth nearly a year ago.

Back on the subject of River Zora, are they only going to spawn along a specific river, or on all rivers on the map? Also, how frequently can we expect them to pop up and become a pest?
    They spawn on every river in the game except for the tributaries in the Misery Mire.

There will be female River Zoras of royalty in charge... they are matriarchal (surprise).
    Actually, I thought they were to be patriarchal based on their king. Guess I was wrong there.

Van Evil actually did a lot of art for my last Zelda game. I wanted her to do loading screens for HTW but she sadly vanished off the face of the earth nearly a year ago.

Small world. I was looking for images of Ruto, Lulu, and Zora in general that day and the picture I posted caught my eye. She does great work, I'll give her that.

They spawn on every river in the game except for the tributaries in the Misery Mire.
    Ah great, so they are going to be a pain in the neck.

Oh come on ANOTHER one? What is it with you and matriarchies?
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; September 09, 2012 at 01:47 PM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Oh come on ANOTHER one? What is it with you and matriarchies?
    Well, if you look at Hyrule, a lot of the factions have females as their leaders. Matriarchs are for Hyrule as for what Patriarchs are for Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Well, if you look at Hyrule, a lot of the factions have females as their leaders. Matriarchs are for Hyrule as for what Patriarchs are for Earth.
    This makes Darknuts (patriarchal) and Gorons (genderless, but tend to be seen as male so also patriarchal) the odd cards out.

...really?
    Hyrule:

Only in TP Zelda appears to be in power.
    Patriarcal

Gerudo

There's an old lady in charge during FSA but I can't find a picture of her.
    Patriarcal

Goron
    ...they have no females.
    Patriarcal

Zora-Lanayru

Not in charge in TP because he had died. Succeeded by Prince Ralis after his motehr died.
    Patriarcal

Kokiri
    I'm fairly certain the Great Deku Tree is male. Call it a hunch based on the moustache.
    Patriarcal

Gohma
    These have Queens, no argument here.
    Matriarcal

Ordona

Patriarcal

Deku

Patriarcal

Moblin
    If the Moblins have females I don't want to know it
    Patriarcal

Darknut
    Never saw any voluptous breastplates on these fellows.
    Patriarcal

Lizalfos
    In the official games they are not gender specified, but I don't mind them being matriarcal, makes sense for lizards. Still in canon it's...
    Undefined

Stalfos
    They lack genitals.
    Undefined

Sheikah
    We've only seen a handful and never one elevated above the others.
    Undefined

Labrynna
    They did have a queen. No doubt about this one.
    Matriarcal

Fairies
    Of course fairies are predominately females (we've seen like one male in the whole series).
    Matriarcal

Ikana

Even without a crotch this was clearly a dude.
    Patriarcal

Twili
    Ruled by a princess... I could argue that if she hadn't taken the title queen that'd mean she'd pass her powers to her husband upon marrying, but I'll concede this one.
    Matriarcal

Wizzrobe
    Who even knows.
    Undefined

River Zora

That is a dude. Though Ruto was originally going to be a River Zora princess, odds are she would have had a father in charge.
    Patriarcal

Oocca
    I don't even wanna know about this one.
    Undefined

Majora
    Ironically, though Neph has given it male laughter Majora might actually be female. In the end, I'll say...
    Undefined

Horon

Patriarcal

Zuna
    No way to know.
    Undefined

Subrosian
    Same as above.
    Undefined

Tokay
    And yet again.
    Undefined

So counting them... 13 factions ruled by guys, 9 we don't know enough about and 4 ruled by women.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; September 09, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

@Duke Serkol

Of those factions you say are ruled by males, the Hylians, Zora, Deku Tribes, and Kokiri are more or less ruled by females. The Hylians, Zora, and the Deku Tribes all have Princesses that seem more in-control than the kings; and the Zora and Kokiri also have females as their Sages. Not to mention Saria essentially rules the Kokiri after the Great Deku Tree dies. For the Sheikah, I think it is gender-neutral. As for the Gerudo, Ganondorf is king because he is the only male born. In many socieites, special circumstances regarding birth equate to special destinies. In the absence of Ganondorf though, Gerudo are all female and Nabooru would be considered the leader. If Neph wants River Zora to be matriarchal (which I would still go patriarchal on these guys actually) it would be 9 female deminated to 8 male dominated with the other 9 unknown. Also, for Lanayru, I would say gender-neutral monarchy.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

...really?
    Hyrule:

Only in TP Zelda appears to be in power.

Gerudo

There's an old lady in charge during FSA but I can't find a picture of her.

Goron
    ...they have no females.

Zora

Not in charge in TP because he had died. Succeeded by Prince Ralis after his motehr died.

Kokiri
    I'm fairly certain the Great Deku Tree is male. Call it a hunch based on the moustache.

Gohma
    These have Queens, no argument here.

Ordona

Deku

Moblin
    If the Moblins have females I don't want to know it

Darknut
    Never saw any voluptous breastplates on these fellows.

Lizalfos
    In the official games they are not gender specified, but I don't mind them being matriarcal, makes sense for lizards.

Stalfos
    They lack genitals.

Sheikah
    We've only seen a handful and never one elevated above the others.

Labrynna
    They did have a queen. No doubt about this one.

Fairies
    Of course fairies are predominately females (we've seen like one male in the whole series).

Ikana

Even without a crotch this was clearly a dude.

Twili
    Ruled by a princess... I could argue that if she hadn't taken the title queen that'd mean she'd pass her powers to her husband upon marrying, but I'll concede this one.

Wizzrobe
    Who even knows.

River Zora

That is a dude. Though Ruto was originally going to be a River Zora princess, odds are she would have had a father in charge.

Oocca
    I don't even wanna know about this one.

Majora
    Ironically, though Neph has given it male laughter Majora might actually be female.

Horon

Zuna
    No way to know.

Subrosian
    Same as above.

Tokay
    And yet again.

So counting them... 13 factions ruled by guys, 9 we don't know enough about and 4 ruled by women.
    You have a point here, yes, but faction leaderships change through out time. It's like saying England is ruled by men just by looking at King Henry. But what about Queen Victoria? Queen Elizabeth? How about the male rulers who were just figure-heads; dictated by their wives? Justinian and Theodora of Byzantium? Yes, Justinian was a decent leader, but his wife had power and influence over him.

My point being, in Hyrule: Total War we are in an age of Matriarchal dominance. Not only that, but it makes sense that the River Zora have a female leader, if you think about it. In many tribal cultures, the females where held with the up-most regard while the men where mere figure heads/enforcers. Look at the many tribes of North America and Africa. In most cases, you'd find that a female (usually of shamanistic/spiritual prowess) command the most respect out of the tribe. The chieftains themselves listened to them and rarely questioned their word. So, who truly had the power?