Default Faction - River Zora

River Zora

Main Color: Aqua
    Religion: Lesser Deity Worship
    Culture: Barbaric
    Rival Factions: All
    Cordial Factions: None

Strengths, Weaknesses, and Abilities:

- Nomadic River-goers: River Zora do not have cities, they will spawn their soldiers at random locations along Hyrule's rivers.
    - Aquatic: The River Zora are able to travel over any body of water.
    - Vulnerable to Ice: The River Zora are unable to survive in sub zero temperatures, and tire very quickly in snow.

How to Unlock in Campaign: Complete a short Campaign as the first 6 races you unlock.

Nicknamed Zolas by many in Hyrule, the River Zoras are believed to be the ancient ancestors of the modern and civilized Zoras. The Zoras often consider this claim a hostile insult, though there may be truth in the matter. River Zoras may not be civilized and may appear monstrous, though their predatory nature betrays their cunning and tactical skill. River Zoras are infamous for hit and run attacks against superior forces, usually by springing from bodies of water, dealing a blow, and then quickly retreating into the water only to surface elsewhere. While they do have their own language and are able to communicate, they seem to have no interests outside of pillaging, raping, and destroying the inhabitants of villages they come across.

River Zora Unit Roster

Standard Units
    Manhunters
    Outrunners
    Raiders
    Geozards
    Cannibals
    Cueball Dragoons
    Cyclops Ku
    Swampmen
    River Knights

Siege Weaponry
    Catapults

Command Units
    Geozard Chief
    Geozard Master

Agents
    None

Special/Other Units:
    None

Heroes/Bosses:
    King Zarosef
    Princess Sokuuf
    Baruuda Kan

Zola Manhunters

When food on the riverbed becomes scarce the River Zora venture unto land for more sources of daily meat. While not professionally trained in any combat arts, these savage creatures are nonetheless a deadly opponent even for an armored knight. Armed with a bladed spear and sharp claws, Manhunters can rip the face off of their prey before it even knows what hit them.

Outrunners

Armed with a light spear, these swift River Zora can toss their weaponry across staggering distances. Scores of Outriders can spear down enemy archers on gates while ladders and battering rams move into place.

Raiders

Pillaging and looting villages preoccupies much of the average Zola's life, and many steal the armor and weapons of their victims in these raids. These River Zora mix and match the armors and weapons of various races that fall victim to their attacks.

Geozards

Vicious soldiers employed by Zola colonies, Geozards are often found guarding land access to any location that may be of interest to them. While its crude axe and wooden shield are nothing to envy, the sheer bulk of these Zola more then makes up for their primitive armaments. While it is not always the case, some Geozards are able to exhale saliva projectiles that ignite into fire.

Cannibals

Feral even by Zola standards, Cannibals are individuals that have lost all semblance of intelligence and live only to maul and feed on any flesh they can find. Rather then kill them outright, the Zola keep these horrors chained in their underwater lairs and then release them on whatever unfortunate village they wish to pillage.

Cueball Dragoons

Denizens of the murky rivers throughout Hyrule, Cueballs are normally harmless and usually spend their lives at the bottom of river beds feasting off of dead animals. With a Zola in charge though, a Cueball becomes a swift mount of death. These cavalry do well on land despite their aquatic preference, and serve as a very effective raiding tool in the Zola's army.

Cyclops Ku

These one eyed monstrosities are believed to be the twisted remnants of failed experiments on the River Zora in ages past. Ku are barely sentient but are able to receive basic orders from other Zolas, especially when such orders involve mauling targets to death.

Swampmen

Covered in overgrown moss and algae, these Zola warriors are more then a match for most enemies. With their massive claws and unwavering bloodlust, an army of swampmen can invade and pillage a fortified base with little effort.

River Knights

The Zola conception of a knight is an armored psychopath with a lust to pillage and rape. These fully armored shock troops march with the largest of Zola armies and leave none of their targets in one piece by the time they are finished.

Zola Catapult

A siege engine likely stolen from one of their raids, these catapults have been outfitted with various Zola decorations and draped in slimy moss and algae. These catapults are marched into battle when the River Zora are feeling exceptionally bold enough to siege a well fortified establishment.

King Zarosef

One of the various kings fighting for power amongst the Zola, King Zarosef believes he came up with the idea of invading the races on land to expand his empire. He thinks little of his own soldiers and works only to see that every village he comes across is looted and devastated. King Zarosef is followed by his personal River Knights, and prefers to fight in combat himself rather then order his soldiers around.

Princess Sokuuf

The true brains behind the River Zora's recent rise to power, is was Sokuuf who convinced King Zarosef to seek power on land. With enough cities on land under her control, Princess Sokuuf plots to create a new empire under her rule and to use the bountiful resources above water to outlast any River Zora King who would dare oppose her at that point.

Baruuda Kan

A faithful servant of Princess Sokuuf, Baruuda Kan has little in the matter of personal goals other then the smash open some heads. He's more pet then officer, and more of a brute then tactician. Regardless, many other twisted Cyclops Ku follow him for his slight intelligence over them, and Sokuuf plans on using that trait to keep the mindless monsters under her control.

Last edited by UndyingNephalim; September 14, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Faction - River Zora

I believe this should be relabeled as an NPC faction.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Zectorman View Post
    I believe this should be relabeled as an NPC faction.
    shh! You're spoiling the secret!

Raped by a River Zora.

Zectorman's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    shh! You're spoiling the secret!

WOAH WOAH WOAH! So we get to play proverbial Organized Rebel army of Wild aquatic creatures known as Zolas?!??!?!?!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgxBxU9wSP8

Ferdinand Von Terl, he knew how to RP before you could even Speak your name!

Way back in the original thread I suggested a possible unitlist.

I'll repost it here with some pictures:
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Regular Zoras - Come in blue and green, are essentially infantry but they fight with tooth and claw and can shoot fireballs.
    Armorscale Zoras - Blue. Same as the above but with thick sturdy scaled skin that acts as an armor.
    Cyclop Zoras - Blue. Act as sharpshooters?
    Geozard - Green. Extremely skilled with sword and shield (as much as a Darknut anyway)

And hero character their own King Zora of course, strictly in green.
    So the regular ones in blue and green:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

the armorscale from AoL:

the cyclops from FSA:

the Geozards:

and finally their king:

It's good to see the Geozard will be well represented with three different units.
    With these names though, I can't really tell what other units from my list (if any) made it in (obviously there's cyclops, but it seems to be the dark world counterpart to River Zoras ).

I'm quite perplexed by the Pirogusu and Cueball Dragoons... are they going to be the River Zora's answer to the Domain Zora's Octoroks?
    The Cueball in particular only appeared in the WInd Fish's dream and it was actually a large Hiploop (that is, one of these guys )
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; July 27, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

The Cueball in particular only appeared in the WInd Fish's dream and it was actually a large Hiploop (that is, one of these guys )
    I was under the impression the Cue Ball was a cephalopod/mollusk, not a bird, considering it was partially submerged, could slide along water at swift speeds, and was in a dungeon themed largely around water.

Yeah it's weird, I know... but when you unmask Hiploops in the GameBoy games they show no beak. They are a pretty amorphous mass with eyes... and lots of them are found in catfish maw. So it's entirely possible that this is yet another (besides lizard, bird and bug) entirely different breed of hiploops.

Nintendo just can't seem to make up their mind on these guys down, uh?

EDIT:
    Just so we're clear, I'm not objecting to this addition, merely making sure you know all the facts
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; July 27, 2012 at 02:29 PM.

VGF254's Avatar Civis

Will Zarosef get his own domain like on Alttp?

I just ran into a pretty cool River Zora fanart and figured I'd share.

...but I still prefer this one.

It's just so perfect

That's great stuff. I really like the fins on the last one.

Patrician Artifex

I just ran into a pretty cool River Zora fanart and figured I'd share.

...but I still prefer this one.

It's just so perfect
    That first one is sort of what I was going for with the Manhunters.

Except you made them pretty

That artwork is pretty good, but it could use longer fangs...

I just realized, I don't think I ever posted the ALttP official art for River Zoras... might as well do it now for completeness sake:

Also this... and fat River Zora is frighteningly hungry looking.

In case anyone's wondering, I've been googling for River Zora art so I can put a little something together. Now I'm done so don't worry, I won't triple post just to add more

So, seeing as how its pretty much an open secret that the River Zora here are one of the two mystery races, will they still be random spawning pains in the butt, or will they get some cities, either concentrated in one spot, or scattered to make them still a pain in the butt, but with cities so they are more of a threat?

Also, you're free of any guilt now Duke.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    So, seeing as how its pretty much an open secret that the River Zora here are one of the two mystery races, will they still be random spawning pains in the butt, or will they get some cities, either concentrated in one spot, or scattered to make them still a pain in the butt, but with cities so they are more of a threat?

Also, you're free of any guilt now Duke.
    I don't believe that I have mentioned anywhere that the River Zora are going to be a playable race.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I don't believe that I have mentioned anywhere that the River Zora are going to be a playable race.
    Rivor Zora and Rito are just the two top guesses for your "mystery races". I'm not making a call, since my knowledge on pre-OoT Zelda races is sketchy at best, but most of us have generally decided on these two. Now, whether or not they are right, obviously will not be revealed. I honestly am banking on Rito for one, but for the pre-OoT, I don't think it will be River Zora, specifically because they are already an NPC race for the game. I am thinking it would have to be a race not already making a definite appearance. I'm still betting you will surprise most of us with the pre-OoT race.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

What Avatar said. Obviously you have confirmed nothing, but with the River Zora having as many units as a "full" faction, and fitting the requirements as a pre OoT faction, it seemed like one of the safer bets.

Personally I'm still hoping for the ALttP Soldiers being the mystery faction somehow. Maybe as a warrior kingdom down south somewhere? Or maybe even over to the east to spice things up over there.

Personally I'm still hoping for the ALttP Soldiers being the mystery faction
    That would be the next best thing, but I still prefer Rito and River Zoras.

Patrician Artifex

Personally I'm still hoping for the ALttP Soldiers being the mystery faction somehow. Maybe as a warrior kingdom down south somewhere? Or maybe even over to the east to spice things up over there.
    Maybe they'll show up somewhere. I'd keep my eyes on the lookout.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast