Thread: Problem Starting

Default Problem Starting

I don't know if anyone visits here often but, I figured I'd put this here anyway. After half a day struggling with this mod, I decided to get help.

So, it's pretty simple. Whenever I try to start the Warhammer mod for Rome: Total War, it flashes to the initial screen (you know, the red screen with the copyright and all that nonsense) before switching to black and then shutting down to desktop. No error message, no warning. It's happened six times in a row thus far.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing. I've tried changing the shortcut at the end of the target line. Nothing. I haven't changed anything within the quotes in the target line. I'm running vanilla RTW, version 1.5, no Alexander, Barbarian Invasion or anything. I know my computer can handle it; it plays RTW, MTW and MTWII just fine (was playing MTWII before I started installing this). It's a normal CD version, no Gold or Steam or anything.

So, any suggestions? If you're about to suggest uninstalling/reinstalling again, please don't. I love Warhammer, but not enough to go through that again. I've moved the mod into the right folder, of that I'm sure. Just stuck and getting frustrated.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Problem Starting

that error just means that something is installed wrong.
    You sure you've installed everything as they should be? Write a detailed list of all the things you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.