Thread: Champions League 2012/2013

Default Re: Champions League 2012/2013

Take this Real!
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post
    And i am sitting here thinking to myself "wow, what is Guardiola supposse to do now with this team? If they win the CL it will be impossible to surpass them, and if he falls short of repeating these achievements it will be seen as failure". So now he will be the most expensive coach ever.... for a team that didn´t need him.
    Wondered that myself. The season was, so far, pretty much perfect in every way for Bayern Munich. And I guess Dortmund and them have just proven their systems are very capable of beating Tiki-Taka (well not so much in Dortmund's case, as Real does not really play T-T under Mourinho), which could mean they have signed a coach to teach their team a way of football, that may have just been undone by themselves.
    Will be really interesting.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I'm guessing it will be up to Pep to change his philosophy in Bayern, not for him to come in and change Bayern's German philosophy. They probably hired him for his man management skills

Goal of the Week

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

South American style!
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Da Great View Post
    Goal of the Week

Magic!
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Killer instinct right there.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

It's not even from the best point of view...what's amazing is that Lewandowski's shot was insanely powerful considering is precarious balance. As a defender, I'd want to quit the field after that.

Great game from Dortmund, but i can't enjoy it. I am generally 1. FC Union Berlin (2. Bundesliga) Fan, but it is a shame what Bayern did with Dortmund. Götze and now they want Lewandowski. And i don't understand them both. They play in a Club who achieved in the last three years nearly anything, they have a team which really enjoys playing together and they could become even CL winner. Why leaving such a succesfull club? I could understand it if Dortmund would be 10th in the league and not playing international, but now there is no reason. In Bayern they will have no fun and have to wear Lederhosen. It is also a greater achievment to win trophies with a Team like Dortmund than with a Team which buys titles, like Bayern...

@ the Lewandowski goals. For a second it reminded me on Zinedane Zidane. It is offcourse far away, but this kind of ballcontroll i saw rarly in the last time.
    Last edited by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus; April 25, 2013 at 07:30 PM.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Great game from Dortmund, but i can't enjoy it. I am generally 1. FC Union Berlin (2. Bundesliga) Fan, but it is a shame what Bayern did with Dortmund. Götze and now they want Lewandowski. And i don't understand them both. They play in a Club who achieved in the last three years nearly anything, they have a team which really enjoys playing together and they could become even CL winner. Why leaving such a succesfull club? I could understand it if Dortmund would be 10th in the league and not playing international, but now there is no reason. In Bayern they will have no fun and have to wear Lederhosen. It is also a greater achievment to win trophies with a Team like Dortmund than with a Team which buys titles, like Bayern...

Mario Götze was born in Bavaria (Allgäu) and his favorite club, when he was a little boy, has always been Bayern München. At 12 he was till sleeping in Bayern-bedding.

http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/...d24946621.html

besides that: even the Iron Man wears Lederhosen:
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/28a216fd6...hkedo1_500.jpg
    Last edited by Pinarius; April 26, 2013 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinarius View Post

Mario Götze was born Bavaria (Allgäu) and his favorite club, when he was a little boy, has always been Bayern München. At 12 he was till sleeping in Bayern-bedding.

http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/...d24946621.html

But it was Dortmund which made him big. He might be from Bayern but was educated in Dortmund since he was 7 years old.

I think I read somewhere that Klopp doesn't speak any english, and he's always been completely dismissive of the possibility when he's been linked with Chelsea in the past, so he doesn't really seem too interested in managing in England. I'm sure he'd be on the shortlist of managers United will look at when the time comes, but I doubt we have much chance of getting him.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

It's not up to Borussia or Klopp. Bayern paid the buy-out clause of Gotze. If someone is rich and crazy enough to coughs up the 250 million Euros, they could have Messi as well(if he is also willing to go).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

SonofaBooyah's Avatar Vicarius

@torongil Gotze would still be given the choice though, he could of stayed at Dortmund if he wanted by rejecting the offered contracts. That being said, it's kinda Dortmund's fault for putting such a low buy-out clause on him (in comparison to other top class players I mean, Cavani's for example is 100 million euro's I believe). Lewandowski is a different matter however, whether he goes or not will be under Dortmund's control, up to a certain extent of course.

I think I read somewhere that Klopp doesn't speak any english, and he's always been completely dismissive of the possibility when he's been linked with Chelsea in the past, so he doesn't really seem too interested in managing in England. I'm sure he'd be on the shortlist of managers United will look at when the time comes, but I doubt we have much chance of getting him.
    Klopp wouldn't work outside the german speaking area. His biggest strenght is his ability to motivate and create a perfect working clima in the team. He also takes the pressure away. He is a bit like Morinhou, but in the positive way, because Mou works with pressure. If he can't speak with his team in his own words, he wouldn't be able to motivate his team to give allways 120 %. Dortmund is still the team which is running more than any other team. That is also why i am critical to Trainers which didn't speak the language perfect and still go in a foreign country.

I want, Barca and Madrid fans to be friends like Bayern and BVD fans are. Mou needs to leave, he created anger between Barca and Real Madrid and I hope for a better manager for Madrid. Barca and Real Madrid will fight back and don't give up until final whistle. Barca and Madrid will have to make the imposable, possible.

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

What was Gotze´s clause?

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

I want, Barca and Madrid fans to be friends like Bayern and BVD fans are. Mou needs to leave, he created anger between Barca and Real Madrid and I hope for a better manager for Madrid. Barca and Real Madrid will fight back and don't give up until final whistle. Barca and Madrid will have to make the imposable, possible.
    Barça and the mandrills have always been at loggerheads, it strecthes back to a traditional inter-city rivalry, the civil war and separatism. Why should it change now?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post
    What was Gotze´s clause?
    37 million €.