Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League 2012/2013

Semisalis

Default Re: Champions League 2012/2013

Plus the player that handed the ball was so close to the player it rebounded off, he obviously didn't intend to hand the ball, and his hand was hit by the ball, not the other way around. Both goals were clean.

SonofaBooyah's Avatar Vicarius

Yep, Barca lost fair and square. Although they'll find a way to twist it, somehow.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Well, you start by saying that it's not fair that Barça ever lose, and work it up from there…
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

You'd make a good reporter with that kind of word twisting Treva.

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Well, you start by saying that it's not fair that Barça ever lose, and work it up from there…
    Rune Bratseth said last year it was a shame that Chelsea beat Barca, because Barca is by far the best team in Europe. Are you Rune Bratseth?
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

spoilsports!
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf

Quote Originally Posted by bradavies View Post
    You'd make a good reporter with that kind of word twisting Treva.
    TVTropes has enhanced my life.According to some, a comprehensive knowledge of TV Tropes (which I won't link to, saving you all time, money and time) is a reasonable substitute for a degree in English Lit, years of training in the field of psychoanalysis and, in extreme cases, a medical license.
    You wouldn't believe how much your vocabulary and mental gymnastics can improve by that, it's quite like a free bonus course at uni.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    Rune Bratseth said last year it was a shame that Chelsea beat Barca, because Barca is by far the best team in Europe. Are you Rune Bratseth?
    Unfortunately not. Do you want me to write an essay on how Barcelona deserve to win because of being Barcelona?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    TVTropes has enhanced my life.According to some, a comprehensive knowledge of TV Tropes (which I won't link to, saving you all time, money and time) is a reasonable substitute for a degree in English Lit, years of training in the field of psychoanalysis and, in extreme cases, a medical license.
    You wouldn't believe how much your vocabulary and mental gymnastics can improve by that, it's quite like a free bonus course at uni.

Unfortunately not. Do you want me to write an essay on how Barcelona deserve to win because of being Barcelona?
    Yes. I'd very much like that.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

So would I, actually.

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Yeah I would aswell.

° ͜ʖ ͡° Okay then.
    СИНДИКАТ!

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Comparing Milans tactics with Chelseas tactics is quite . Chelsea allowed Barca plenty shots on goals, gifted them a penalty and conceded twice. Milan didn't let Barcelona have one decent shot, Messi was practically not on the pitch and Milan actually won because they were the far better team. Their tactics were simply brilliant, some of the best I've seen in recent years, while Chelsea were just so extremely lucky.

Barcelona were not the best team against Milan, they were pure . Their tactics were , their line-up was , their coach was .

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Actually I think the tactics (park the bus and hit them with long balls over the top) were the same but Milan were better at it, just as Inter were better a couple of years ago. Perhaps that's why Pep left Barca, maybe he realised the age of Tiki-taka was coming to an end. That said; I wouldn't bet against Barca scoring 3' at home..

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Barcelona had a "right" to beat Chelsea last year or deserved to beat them? What plausible reasons does this argument have?

Chelsea had every right to beat Barcelona in the way they did. If Barcelona fail to break defensive curtains on the wings down and continue to not adapt & ignore the devastating effect of a target in the 16 yard box against this set up, then its their own fault.

You know, its not the first time their approach was outthought.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Everyone knows that Italians are the best at defending, it's in their blood. If they want to park the bus, your not going to win. Simple as that really.

Quote Originally Posted by =Bright= View Post
    Comparing Milans tactics with Chelseas tactics is quite . Chelsea allowed Barca plenty shots on goals, gifted them a penalty and conceded twice. Milan didn't let Barcelona have one decent shot, Messi was practically not on the pitch and Milan actually won because they were the far better team. Their tactics were simply brilliant, some of the best I've seen in recent years, while Chelsea were just so extremely lucky.

Barcelona were not the best team against Milan, they were pure . Their tactics were , their line-up was , their coach was .
    Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Actually I think the tactics (park the bus and hit them with long balls over the top) were the same but Milan were better at it, just as Inter were better a couple of years ago. Perhaps that's why Pep left Barca, maybe he realised the age of Tiki-taka was coming to an end. That said; I wouldn't bet against Barca scoring 3' at home..
    ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° I thought we were all going to wait until I wrote a 'Barça doesn't deserve to lose because they're Barça' article? Btw will a thousand words be enough?
    СИНДИКАТ!

1000 sounds good yea.

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

This should be a good read.

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Barcelona had a "right" to beat Chelsea last year or deserved to beat them? What plausible reasons does this argument have?

Chelsea had every right to beat Barcelona in the way they did. If Barcelona fail to break defensive curtains on the wings down and continue to not adapt & ignore the devastating effect of a target in the 16 yard box against this set up, then its their own fault.

You know, its not the first time their approach was outthought.
    The problem is, Barcelona didn't fail to break Chelseas defensive curtain. Infact, Barcelona had plenty of chances and Chelsea had plenty of luck. Just think of Messis penalty that wasn't saved, but hit the bar. If it was just 2 inches lower it would have gone in. In London, where Chelsea won 1-0, Barcelona had a total of 24 shots, 6 of them on target, one even hit the woodwork. Chelsea on the other hand had ONE shot on target. In Barcelona it was more or less the same. Barcelona had the shots, Chelsea had Cech and luck.

So yeah, Barcelona had every right to beat Chelsea.