Page 1 of 56 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions League 2012/2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Acco's Avatar Дијана

Default Champions League 2012/2013

Oh yes... Qualifying for the CL has already begun. Familiarize yourself with the latest results here.

First big surprise/upset: F91 Dudelange (Luxembourg)'s defeat of the Austrian champions, Red Bull Salzburg, 4-4 on away goals.
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Default Re: Champions League 2012/2013

Norwegian starlet Valon Berisha is about to join Salzburg, I am sure he is very pleased!
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Sharpe's Company's Avatar Campidoctor

I've watched Shamrock Rovers crash out this evening, losing 2-1 to Lithuanian side FK Ekranas.

Meanwhile Champion League hopefuls Celtic lose to Norwich City at home, going down 1-0 through a Grant Holt strike. Celtic now play Inter Milan at Park Head before playing HJK Helsinki in a must win fixture to help to secure their place in this season's Champions League.
    Justice 4 Charlene
    #MoggMania
    #No2EU

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Celtic are doomed even if they do beat this unknown club. They used to be the ones to try and avoid, but I'll be glad if we get them in the next round instead of some eastern European club.

A shame really. Scottish football is really dire at the moment.
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusionist View Post
    Celtic are doomed even if they do beat this unknown club. They used to be the ones to try and avoid, but I'll be glad if we get them in the next round instead of some eastern European club.

A shame really. Scottish football is really dire at the moment.
    Who's your club?

Scottish Footy isn't that bad, they now have many good young players in their teams, will pick up over the next couple years, unless they're all sold to English Clubs, which it looks as though has already began with Aberdeen losing Fraser Fyvie to wigan.

Dundee United got some nice players, they recently lost Scott Allan to West Brom.

One to watch at Celtic, he looked excellent this evening, a wee lad named Dylan McGeouch.
    Really made his name at the backend of last season with a superb preformence against Rangers.
    Last edited by Sharpe's Company; July 24, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
    Justice 4 Charlene
    #MoggMania
    #No2EU

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Arsenal.

The good thing about Scottish football now is that they'll learn from Rangers' mistakes and start developing young players instead of buying journeymen.
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Huh too bad Valletta got a beating from Partizan. For once, just for once I would like to see a Maltese team qualify for something.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Molde FK (with Ole Gunnar Solskjćr as coach) drew Basel for the third qualifying round. There's only one thing I like about Molde and that is their work with youngsters. They seem to have something good going on there with modern methods. OGS is also a nice fellow, but a bit to 'perfect' to my liking. The rest of the club is kind of disgusting. Their money (backed by Aker, one of Norway's largest company, Englishmen should remember Rune Gjelsten and Rjell Inge Rřkke), their new stadium payed for by Aker, their new players payed for by Aker, and Aker's handling of OGS' flying over to speak with Aston Villa. I also don't like that they fired Kjell Jonevret after he got the club promoted, made them one of the best clubs in Norway, and then fired him because they were heading for relegation AFTER they had sold their best player, Mame Biram Diouf.

But, it's Norway and I would like seeing one of ours in the Champions League...
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

I watched Molde play a pre-season game in Spain few months back against a Chinese Team i think.

They didn't look great to me, but good luck to them, it's been a while since a team from Norway made it into the group stages. I remember the good old days of Rosenburg making the champs league near enough every season.

One game in Norway thats stands out against all others to me, was a lovely night fixture played in the snow, Chelsea v Tromso, what a game that was.
    Justice 4 Charlene
    #MoggMania
    #No2EU

Molde has been dissapointing so far this season, but they have the talent to put up a fight.

Tromsř is currently fighting for a European spot (think they got into the third qualifying round for EL), so snow-fooball is a possibility There's a reason the Norwegian season starts around April and ends in early November

Bill Shankly

Goodluck to Motherwell tonight.

Up the Steelemen.
    Justice 4 Charlene
    #MoggMania
    #No2EU

Congrats to Celtic.

Hooper should of joined up with England in the summer.
    Justice 4 Charlene
    #MoggMania
    #No2EU

Would have liked a 2 goal cushion going into the second leg, but they're half-way through their season and its our first competitive game. Based on that I think its a positive result and we should only improve.

Was pretty much a full house as well - great to be back to Celtic Park for competitive games.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Would have liked a 2 goal cushion going into the second leg, but they're half-way through their season and its our first competitive game. Based on that I think its a positive result and we should only improve.

Was pretty much a full house as well - great to be back to Celtic Park for competitive games.
    I watched your game against Norwich.

Did Paddy McCourt play behind the striker tonight as he did against them?

Still think he's a better player playing from the left, being able to cut inside an get shots away.
    Sad really McCourt, one of the best players we have in the UK but he's slack, some games just pass him by, he is deffo a luxury player.
    Bit more determination he'd be a fine premireship player for any club.
    Justice 4 Charlene
    #MoggMania
    #No2EU

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe's Company View Post
    I watched your game against Norwich.

Did Paddy McCourt play behind the striker tonight as he did against them?

Still think he's a better player playing from the left, being able to cut inside an get shots away.
    Sad really McCourt, one of the best players we have in the UK but he's slack, some games just pass him by, he is deffo a luxury player.
    Bit more determination he'd be a fine premireship player for any club.
    McCourt came on in the last 5 minutes. He played on the left wing. Did absolutely nothing.

They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

GodDAMNIT! Feyenoord knocked out after being the better team for 150 of the 180 played minutes. The Ref had in his eyes yesterday.
    Bloody surrender monkey...
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Celtic win 2-0 in Helsinki, go through 4-1 on aggregate

CL football gets a step closer, really need to qualify!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascarona View Post
    GodDAMNIT! Feyenoord knocked out after being the better team for 150 of the 180 played minutes. The Ref had in his eyes yesterday.
    Bloody surrender monkey...
    What's the script with Feyenoord mate? Who put you out?

Post of The Year 2011

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

What's the script with Feyenoord mate? Who put you out?
    Dynamo Kiev, IIRC also placed second in their Ukraine league. It was a beautifull match with both teams playing hard but Feyenoord was still the obviously better team. I guess they just had a better goalie .
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

=Bright='s Avatar Ordinarius

God this tension is killing me. If Udinese gets a draw as mad as last year I'll either jump off a bridge or put all my money on them.

Is Celtic stronger compared to last year?

Quote Originally Posted by =Bright= View Post
    Is Celtic stronger compared to last year?
    We've not really signed anyone but our team/manager has a lot more experience and our young team is a year older. We've got players who are very capable of doing well for us in Europe, though we still need to sign a centre back and a striker as those are weaknesses.

I think we're waiting until we get into the Champions League (if we do), before spending any money.

Wanyama has so much potential!
    Last edited by Mr. Pink; August 09, 2012 at 04:30 AM.

Post of The Year 2011

Page 1 of 56 12345678910112651 ... LastLast