Thread: More turn per years?

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default More turn per years?

EDIT: I made the thing and is here. Total War Center has a limit on the size and for some reason I couldn't make it below the 30 MB. Enjoy it. And please feedback me.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; August 20, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Default Re: More turn per years?

there are other threads already opened that address this and there is a tutorial here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=458829

it is relatively easy to do yourself using the PFM tool. However, as Yarkis has pointed out, the economics of TROM (costs, construction times, trade values, town growth, etc) are based on the 4 turns per year system... so it won't feel the way you would expect it to.

Although, if you are determined, i suppose you could alter the economics yourself with the PFM to match your vision of a 12tpy TROM. (as i may or may not have done already )
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Oh I now, I did a mod like that for the original Shogun 2, way back... I even got the dilemmas and effects scaled appropriately to 12 turns per year (events that affected happiness, recruitment and so lasted not 4 or 8 turns, but one or two years).

I was wondering more about if it has already been done for TROM. If not is a simple matter of scales. At first building and recruitment turns are multiplied by 3.
    If a unit takes a turn (three months) to be recruited in 4 turns per year then it takes 3 turns (3 months) in 12 turns per year.

Then the upkeep of units and buildings and the income by farms, taxes and trade is divided by 3 as well if you are into those details. Or just the easier way, the cost of recruitment and building is multiplied by 3 and the income is leave alone.

Well I guess I will have to get my hands dirty a bit with this
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

If you're willing to do that, Baal, I'll playtest it.
    I am downloading Trom3 1.9 but if the campaign movement speed optional mods are not in, it won't last long...

Well I already did it, well the turns per year for the 2 first campaigns (FotS is fine as it is I think) and all the event's and missions effects are also adjusted to the new calendar length. However I did not touched the upkeep, income, building and recruitment costs. Sadly, I had some social events this weekend that drove me away from my beloved pc, and this next weekend in the same so I haven't playtested it my self beyond a couple of turns to check out that the changes are working.

The reason I haven't changed the monetary system is because if I divide all by 3 respectively or multiply the recruitment cost then the game could be felt a little bit slower, well, it's slower as is more turns per year. It really need some play test before deciding if it needs to be a simple math operation or a carefully done rework of the turns and cost of recruitment, building and upkeep. Any suggestions?

something also to consider is town growth. I adjusted that as well to reflect 12tpy... building_factionwide_effects. I've made all the changes you mentioned except for the event effects and my games are slower, however, factions still come up with at least 1 and a quarter stack by 1547 -- Oda or Tokugawa are usually gone by then (depending on who kills who) other clans like Asai, Ito, Jinbo, Murakami are gone, and Mori is hanging on, shimazu and otomo start going at it, and Takeda is usually sitting there unless something happens between hojo and imagawa... Mogami USUALLY loses to date by now, and Ashina and satake have a random outcome which is enjoyable.

IMO the game STILL moves to fast lol. I wish I knew how to mod the game to represent skirmishing/ the use of smaller stacks etc... more small battles with a few huge ones would be more enjoyable for me.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Exactly what bothers me, that usually within a frame of few years (in game) I see half-full stacks running around, Samurai/yari/Yumi....I would love to see more smaller skirmishes with 4-8 units tops....not full stack after full stack that is so typical...I play with 3 generals as my invading army..1 strong with Siege equip...and 2 supporting generals with Horses or special Shock Units (read Professionals like Naginata Samurai/No-Dachi etc)....anyways...I love the mod....

I retook the mod yesterday. I changed the turns a lot of buildings take to be made and now castles can take years of effort to build. On the other hand I don't know how to slow down a little bit the recruitment. Increasing the recruitment time seems one way to go. But I can still see how yari units can be recruited easily over a month or two, while samurais can also be mustered easily on a single month or two. The only ones I think could be trained in 3 or 4 months is yumi ashigaru, since I guess they will be required to learn the way of bow a little before pitting them on battle.

However I wonder if I could increase the upkeep or recruitment costs too in order to slow down the build up of forces both for AI and the player.

I wonder, if I put this baby up, would somebody play it?

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Don't forget about all of the diplomatic relations modifiers which decay relative to 4 turns per year. It might feel strange from a gameplay perspective if these aren't re-scaled. Also you have the open borders agreements, hostage terms etc which are negotiated by a set number of turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    I wonder, if I put this baby up, would somebody play it?
    Just the thing I was looking for. I'm willing to try it, I like more turns and looking forward to it.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    Don't forget about all of the diplomatic relations modifiers which decay relative to 4 turns per year. It might feel strange from a gameplay perspective if these aren't re-scaled. Also you have the open borders agreements, hostage terms etc which are negotiated by a set number of turns.
    Oh!! Really!

I forgot about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by yobi_uk View Post
    Just the thing I was looking for. I'm willing to try it, I like more turns and looking forward to it.
    I'll make the changes Kurisu Paifuaa said and then I'll upload it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    EDIT: I made the thing and is here. Total War Center has a limit on the size and for some reason I couldn't make it below the 30 MB. Enjoy it. And please feedback me.
    gomenasai but I can't download it...perhaps its still not uploaded? (20aug12) I'll wait me Lord

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Done, I fixed the link. Sorry

Why would upkeep be multiplied by 3?

In 12 turns per year it would be being applied 3 times as often, totally crushing your economy under 9 times the cost...

Yup, I thought of leaving all the economy as it stands. Just increasing the building times would do. However I abandoned this sub mod out of lack to feedback and that the main mod is apparently dead.