Thread: Battle crash help

Icon5 Battle crash help

Hey, Firstly, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new here.
    Secondly, I recently tried unpacking unpack_all batch file but no other files have appeared. Now when I try o enter a battle, I get "Medieval 2: Total war has encountered an error and will now exit". I have looked it up on the forums and found that I need to delete two files called descr_geography but because the files haven't appeared, I cant delete them.. I also heard a weird solution about turning off daylight savings times.. But that doesn't work either. I would be really grateful if someone could help me with this!

Default Re: Battle crash help

They might have got put in your VirtualStore if you have Windows Vista or 7. Check in Users\"Your User Name"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

Default Re: Battle crash help

I can't thank you enough . I have found it all.. Now theres two Descr_geography_new files. a text file and a Data Base file. Do I delete them both? Also, if I make any changes here in the location you said, will they go straight into the game? Or will I have to copy it into the original one I knew about?