Thread: Game crashes during battles...

Default Game crashes during battles...

Hello all,

I've been playing and enjoying LME for WEEKS, without problems, and suddenly, one evening, the game started to crash during battles, like a few seconds after they start. Since then, I can't play a battle...

- I didn't do any modif to my computer.
    - Units during battles are black (no texture) or white (the uniform is all white !)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Default Re: Game crashes during battles...

Any idea someone ?
    Thanks for any advice

And my script folder...if it helps...argghh, I'm so pissed, my 1807 Sweden game was awesome....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

I will give you my experience with NTW and battle game crashes. For me, it was an issue with ship battles and not land battles. I have found two solutions that run on the similar vein to fix my issue with game crashes in battle.

My first fix worked, I simply turned down ALL the graphic settings to low and turned off any special effects in the game like Volumetric Fog, Hardware Shadows, Depth of Field etc.. Also, be mindful that you might have your video graphics card set manually and not set to "apply program settings" if this is the case your tweaking might not be enough ingame and you will need to open your graphic card properties and set them to lower quality settings and back to higher performance. My problem was that there was too much going on and the PC could not handle everything as it ran out of memory. When that happens it will crash.

Once that worked and I saw I had fixed the problem I started to slowly turn graphical settings up to more desirable quality until I noticed game crashes.

My second fix is in line with the first. After I started to experiment with what was causing the problems I discovered that the NTW Graphics setting for the Particle Effect was the culprit. If I set the Particle Effect to High or Ultra the game would crash in big battles; but run I set the game to Medium Particle Effects it ran much smoother and much faster and also did not crash. Infact, with Medium Particle settings you will not have much smoke (the main culprit to most memory crashes).

How that helps!