Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS v1.41 Expanded Map & Enhanced Ancillaries for MOS & MOS Expanded Map

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: MOS v1.25 Expanded Map

Hey, Mike, first thanks for this submod. I would like to ask how exactly Moria works in the expanded map. Is the custom battle map only in Moria or do all 3 Moria settlements have the custom battle model?

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Hey, Mike, first thanks for this submod. I would like to ask how exactly Moria works in the expanded map. Is the custom battle map only in Moria or do all 3 Moria settlements have the custom battle model?
    Only Moria itself has the custom battle map, the other two will generic orc ones.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks for answering.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Thanks for answering.
    I wish all the questions I have been asked were as easy to answer!

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

Hey Mike if i understand this correctly your download here has the expanded map+4-tier roads+DCI and 1.3 has only DCI and 3-tier roads right? So I just add your minimod to 1.3 and that would be fine right?
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Doad View Post
    Hey Mike if i understand this correctly your download here has the expanded map+4-tier roads+DCI and 1.3 has only DCI and 3-tier roads right? So I just add your minimod to 1.3 and that would be fine right?
    That is correct, In a day or two after I get over the hangover I intend to inflict upon myself I will do up the 4 tier roads add-on to the normal MOS 1.3.

francis86's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: MOS v1.3 Expanded Map

when you say black numenorean will be recruitable in some region,it mean that by example harad faction could recruit black numenorean in Umbar or maybe OOG too in some territory?

Only Mordor will be able to recruit them. There are 6 or 7 provinces that have the resource "black" I can't recall all of them off the top of my head, Minas Morgul, black gate, Barad Dur, Minas Tirith. I won't get back home for a day or two but if you'd like to find out where they are you can look in the descr_regions file. Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/base folder.

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

I get a CTD on startup (after the beginning screen appears) after installing this, eventhough I ran the cleaner batch. MOS 1.3 worked perfectly though. Any idea why that could be?

RJA
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by RJA View Post
    I get a CTD on startup (after the beginning screen appears) after installing this, eventhough I ran the cleaner batch. MOS 1.3 worked perfectly though. Any idea why that could be?

RJA
    The only thing that I can think of is that the install did not go correctly. I recommend unstalling TATW, reinstalling it, start it make sure it works, reinstall MOS test it as well. And lastly reinstall the Ex. Map making sure that it installs into the correct folder wherever that may be on your system. If this does not work let me know and I will enlist the help of the "brain trust" to help solve this problem.

Hello. Might I just first say that this mod is absolutely brilliant! The expanded map makes it even better!

From time to time, however, I get some CTDs. No problem, since if I reload and try again, it works fine. The problem is that in my current Gundabad-campaign I get a CTD on the 36th turn. I have tried now 5-6 times. Sometimes it crashes on Harad's turn, sometime on Rhun's, the Bandits' or a split second after the 37th turn starts (I can just see the season change from winter to spring). I have done all one should do when installing this submod, and I am playing 1.25, not 1.3 (if that matters).

If I knew how to post a log I would. Maybe some of the good people on here could tell me how?

Quote Originally Posted by Norkus View Post
    Hello. Might I just first say that this mod is absolutely brilliant! The expanded map makes it even better!

From time to time, however, I get some CTDs. No problem, since if I reload and try again, it works fine. The problem is that in my current Gundabad-campaign I get a CTD on the 36th turn. I have tried now 5-6 times. Sometimes it crashes on Harad's turn, sometime on Rhun's, the Bandits' or a split second after the 37th turn starts (I can just see the season change from winter to spring). I have done all one should do when installing this submod, and I am playing 1.25, not 1.3 (if that matters).

If I knew how to post a log I would. Maybe some of the good people on here could tell me how?
    Thank you for your comments! I would recommend most strongly to install MOS 1.3 and then the MOS 1.3 expanded map. Stylix did a brilliant job of removing an incredible amount of bugs. The latest version MOS 1.3, should eliminate @90% of the bugs that were in previous versions. Plus there are a lot of new things in MOS 1.3 to enjoy as well.

To find the system log, open up the program files/sega/Medieval II Total War/logs folder. That is where you can find it. It will take some time learning what the various errors are. Once you have that you can post it and we can see (hopefully) what the issue is. Not 100% effective but usually gets the team in the ballpark to trouble shoot.

One question: which folders will be affected by the installation of the expanded map?

EDIT: I'm asking because the game returns me to the main menu when I try to start a campaign with the expanded map installed. Any ideas re what might be causing that?
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; September 22, 2012 at 04:33 PM.

The folders and files are:

Third_Age_3/data:
    export_descr_buildings
    export_buildings_enums
    descr_settlement_mechanics

data/world/maps/base:
    descr_regions
    descr_sounds_music_types
    map_climates
    map_ground_types
    map_regions
    map_features

data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign:
    campaign_script
    descr_mercenaries
    descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup
    descr_strat

data/text:
    export_ancilliaries
    export_buildings
    export_VnVs
    imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names

data/terrain/aerial_map/roads
    all textures

data/ui
    many ui's concerning mostly the new roads, too numerous to mention.
    I am not sure why it is kicking you back for sure. Could be you did not run the cleaner bat file. That has happened to me before where the game kicked me back to the main menu. I then ran the cleaner it it allowed me to play normally.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; September 22, 2012 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    I am not sure why it is kicking you back for sure. Could be you did not run the cleaner bat file. That has happened to me before where the game kicked me back to the main menu. I then ran the cleaner it it allowed me to play normally.
    Oh I ran the cleaner.. its probably something I modded. Never mind, I'll figure it out. Thanks

Fixed the thing, but here's a suggestion: I played the game with Gondor and noticed that Cair Andros is pretty much meaningless because there's a non-lore land bridge between Anorien and Dagorlad. That means you have to defend Calenhad as well as Cair Andros and Osgiliath if you're holding the river, as Mordor will attack it. Maybe it worked in the vanilla map since there was no Calenhad (i.e. a seperate Anorien region), but its a real pain now. I myself don't see the point of that land bridge in the first place, even in vanilla.

EDIT: Also, another detail: Harondor is a region, not a city ("dor" means "land" as in "Gondor" or "Dor Daedeloth"). I recommend renaming the town "Harondos" or "Harondost" ("ost" or "os" means "city", as in "Osgiliath" or "Armenelos" or "Ost-in-Endhil"). That's how I play anyway ). A detail, but easy to attend to.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; September 23, 2012 at 04:46 AM.

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

Hi there, downloaded and about to install this submod with my MOS, however I noticed it says you must run the cleaner.bat

Can someone please guide to me to where I find the cleaner.bat - I am totally stumped and it sounds like it should be easy.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Galain_Ironhide View Post
    Hi there, downloaded and about to install this submod with my MOS, however I noticed it says you must run the cleaner.bat

Can someone please guide to me to where I find the cleaner.bat - I am totally stumped and it sounds like it should be easy.
    Welcome to MOS EM Galain!
    It's in the Third_Age_3-folder
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 23, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Thank you for your comments! I would recommend most strongly to install MOS 1.3 and then the MOS 1.3 expanded map. Stylix did a brilliant job of removing an incredible amount of bugs. The latest version MOS 1.3, should eliminate @90% of the bugs that were in previous versions. Plus there are a lot of new things in MOS 1.3 to enjoy as well.

To find the system log, open up the program files/sega/Medieval II Total War/logs folder. That is where you can find it. It will take some time learning what the various errors are. Once you have that you can post it and we can see (hopefully) what the issue is. Not 100% effective but usually gets the team in the ballpark to trouble shoot.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am planning to move on to 1.3, I just want to see how far I can go with the merry band from Gundabad.
    My log is here:

20:11:22.526 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:11:22.542 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    20:11:22.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:11:22.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:11:22.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:11:22.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:11:22.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:11:22.557 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:11:29.622 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 744, column 153
    unit(rohan rider) does not match up to the ownership for faction(sicily)
    20:11:29.622 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 808, column 154
    20:11:29.632 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 893, column 154
    20:11:29.632 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 996, column 154
    20:11:30.082 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 11419, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    20:11:30.082 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 11419, column 3
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction turks (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hre (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction portugal (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction papal_states (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction aztecs (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction russia (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction denmark (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction teutonic_order (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ireland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction norway (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction dunland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    20:11:48.773 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.5 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    20:13:12.805 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Norkus, this is where the error is:
    20:11:29.622 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 744, column 153
    20:11:29.622 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 808, column 154
    20:11:29.632 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 893, column 154
    20:11:29.632 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 996, column 154

All the rest has no effect on the game.
    If you can manually delete these erroneous entries, the game may or may not continue normally. That entry was part of an experiment that I forgot to remove. I did have an updated edb (export_description_buildings) for 1.25 but that has since been removed and deleted. So the only way is to manually remove them, even then that may not allow the game to continue since the computer may "remember" the old file. Or not, but I'd try to delete the 4 entries first. If not, then it is time to upgrade to 1.3!