Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS v1.41 Expanded Map & Enhanced Ancillaries for MOS & MOS Expanded Map

Default Re: MOS v1.25 Expanded Map

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
    I got a ctd at turn 210 (winter 2999 TA) with the High Elves. I just pressed the next Turn button and immediatly the ctd happend. I tried several times, always the same result.

Ok, I guess the problem can't be solved since there is not even a system.log message.

It's a pitty since it was a thrilling game. I have to say that I like the new mod and the new expanded map. There are a few new settlements (for example south Tharbad) in regard to the last game I played, a few months back.
    I also like the new map picture of Esgaroth and Erebor.

But, there are some observations I made during my game.
    1. When I got sieged at Imlandris and I made a excursion, the city was a usual city with walls. Not a generic settlement like it should be.
    2. It seems that Generals or at least children aging slower than the years past by. Will say new family members were born at the first 3 Turns, but they weren't 16 after 64 Turns. They got 16 at about Turn 180 or so. Is it possible, that they need 12 Turns to get one year older?
    3. I had before every few turns a ctd at the end of the AI Turn. When I started new than it worked fine for the next few turns. I am not sure, but I had the impression that it happend less often when I zoom in to the map. Will say when I had a zoomed look to the map.
    4. Population grows is difficult. 25.000 Population for a big city is very difficult to reach. Even with very good govener it's almost impossible. I think there should be an improvement.

I hope you guys can make the game more stable, since it has a very high potential and is great fun to play. Thank you very much for all your effort.

HI, I profit of this post to give the update on my situation. I did not play the game for a while. I had the same issue. It worked out turning off the toggle_fow cheat. at least in my case...

We are working on the next release as I write this.
    Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn
    I got a ctd at turn 210 (winter 2999 TA) with the High Elves. I just pressed the next Turn button and immediatly the ctd happend. I tried several times, always the same result.
    I really have no clue why this ctd occurred. We have found many bugs that are now fixed. Perhaps the one that caused your fatal ctd is now fixed. While that does you no good right now, hopefully that issue won't be there in the future.
    But, there are some observations I made during my game.
    1. When I got sieged at Imlandris and I made a excursion, the city was a usual city with walls. Not a generic settlement like it should be.
    2. It seems that Generals or at least children aging slower than the years past by. Will say new family members were born at the first 3 Turns, but they weren't 16 after 64 Turns. They got 16 at about Turn 180 or so. Is it possible, that they need 12 Turns to get one year older?
    3. I had before every few turns a ctd at the end of the AI Turn. When I started new than it worked fine for the next few turns. I am not sure, but I had the impression that it happend less often when I zoom in to the map. Will say when I had a zoomed look to the map.
    4. Population grows is difficult. 25.000 Population for a big city is very difficult to reach. Even with very good govener it's almost impossible. I think there should be an improvement.
    1. I am not sure what the issue is with Imladris, all unique settlements are unlocked now on the campaign and battle maps.
    2. Well at least that is working! MOS has gone to a 12 turn per year campaign.
    3. I am not sure what effect zooming in or out does to cause a crash, I will get with people who are smarter than me and look into this. Diplomacy should for the most part be fixed now and not cause nearly as many if any crashes.
    4. I agree, it is very difficult and tends to drag out the campaign IMO. In my personal game I change the settlement mechanics and lower the population requirements for cities and castles. As I said that is in my personal game, I don't think that the MOS team is in favor of changing this, so it remains untouched, except for adjusting trade because of the 4 tier road system. I do not see TATW nor the MOS team doing anything to change the way population is grown. If you wish to change the pop. requirements in your own game, open up the descr_settlement_mechanics using notepad located in the Third_Age_3 data folder and adjust the population requirements to your taste.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MOS Anc uis original size.jpg  
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; April 24, 2014 at 10:08 AM.

1. Maybe it was the Amon Hen fix.
    2. Ok, but the Seasons seems to have a differnt change periode. They change two Summer Seasons than two winter seasons, if I remember right. But at a winter periode the landscape is shortly green, before turning to winter at the beginn of the turn.
    3. I am not sure about the zooming effect either. Maybe it's not at all the course of the ctd. I just had the feeling that the ctd's comes not so often when I zoom in.
    4. I think I will also change the game settings in that regard. But, I would rather prefer to change to population grows rate, when building farms.
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Mike,it seems I have found a bug. I have istalled in my PC TATW 3.2 + MOS 1.25 + Expanded Map + Amon Hen patch. Every thing works well except for the Gondor Fiefdom Barracks in Minas Tirith doesn't exist! Is this a bug, or it is something that you planed all along?
    As for dIRECTOR's patch, there is something wrong too... When installed,after you select the faction to start a new campaign,is returns to the main menu...

Thanks in advance, my friend!

No it is not a bug. Since it is the last building in the edb it is left out because the building limit has been reached. In the next release the Black Numenorian Barracks will be left out and the Dismounted Numenorians will be recruited at tier 3 barracks wherever the province has the hidden resource "black." This is the only way I can think of to make the Fiefdom Barracks work since it is a much more unique building.

I did not know this was the case when I first put this mod out.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Ok then. No problem!

OK guys, a couple of ideas more that could interest developers.

1) why do not remove, for silvan and lorien elves, the script forbidding the passage through "dense" forest? at the current state, dense forest represents a natural wall for men, orcs, and yes, elves. It would make perfectly sense that elves could march within dense forest, treating it as open land.

2) large idea. there are LOT of interesting places in Tolkien's world, that have no direct role to play in the game, but can be represented on the strategic map. thinking, for example, to amon hen, the argonath, and the borrow-downs, or- picking from things not placed on the map- the statue of Numenorian kings close to Umbar, the black Stone, and so on. places full of "power" but without a role in the game.
    well, the idea is complex but can be resumed in this way. let's represent those places on the strategic map (lot of them are already). Then, consider them resources that provide particular bonuses if "harvested" by the right character. for example, extra growth in term of culture, or extra armour for units trained in the region, or the creation of special units, or everything interesting and unusual you can think. Finally, let's allow the creation of a "middle earth kind" of "merchant": adventurers, story-tellers, tomb raiders, call them as you want. basically, moving your agent on the "resource" for a certain amount of time, you will obtain the given price. It would be nice.

what do you think about it?

Default MOS v1.25 Expanded Map

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but Amun Hen can't be reached from Land side. I am not sure if it's possible to hire mercenaries ships, but it seems the land connection ís now blocked.

Also, Nargroth do not grow below 1800 inhabitants. Even not with a good governor. Maybe there should be a change in the province setting.
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but Amun Hen can't be reached from Land side. I am not sure if it's possible to hire mercenaries ships, but it seems the land connection ís now blocked.

Also, Nargroth do not grow below 1800 inhabitants. Even not with a good governor. Maybe there should be a change in the province setting.
    There is a fix for Amon Hen in the OP on page 1. As I recall I had to call in some orcish loggers to cut the "dense forest" down to a "sparse forest" so that now it can be accessed from the landward side. I have looked at the South Morgai Province (Nargroth), in the descr_regions it has the big_city hidden resource. and I see nothing in the descr_strat that would limit its growth. At this time I am not sure why it is not growing properly.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    There is a fix for Amon Hen in the OP on page 1. As I recall I had to call in some orcish loggers to cut the "dense forest" down to a "sparse forest" so that now it can be accessed from the landward side. I have looked at the South Morgai Province (Nargroth), in the descr_regions it has the big_city hidden resource. and I see nothing in the descr_strat that would limit its growth. At this time I am not sure why it is not growing properly.
    Sorry, didn't read all posts like it seems.

Regarding Nargroth, without governor the castle stopped growing at 1800 citizen and with governor as well. Maybe the castle did not grow, because it's a castle and not a city. But, other Mordor castle settlement grow fine.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Regarding Nargroth, without governor the castle stopped growing at 1800 citizen and with governor as well. Maybe the castle did not grow, because it's a castle and not a city. But, other Mordor castle settlement grow fine.
    What is your population growth rate? Are you saying that you are unable to get the population to increase above 1800 due to 0% population growth or that even with a postive growth rate, it will not increase.
    I had no problem getting Nargroth to a Fortress.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

The population growth rate was 0,5 and when 1800 was reach it has stopped. I thought maybe the governor has bad traits. So, I exchanged with a quite good governor. But, neither with no governor, nor with a good one the city growth rate changed. It was always 0.

The MOS 1.3 Expanded Map is now ready for download in the OP. It is the teams hope that this submod is as trouble free as possible. The same features are in this submod as in the main MOS mod. DCI now works along with many other improvements. If there are any issues please let me or the team know ASAP either in this thread or in the main MOS thread. Suggestions are highly encouraged and are most helpful. Please let us know if there are any major balance issues that need to be addressed and if possible show a screenshot with the "mini-map" included. This will hopefully increase the challenge and enjoyment for all who use the expanded map. Enjoy.

bah either i'm 2 stoned or I can't find the cleaner.bat file ...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Majordea View Post
    bah either i'm 2 stoned or I can't find the cleaner.bat file ...
    Look in the Third_Age_3-folder, it's called simply Cleaner

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

hey. does expanded map 1.3 include DCI? i'm confused..

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SRACon17 View Post
    hey. does expanded map 1.3 include DCI? i'm confused..
    Nope, MOS v1.3 includes DCI and Expanded map is compatible with MOS v1.3 - giving you both features

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Nope, MOS v1.3 includes DCI and Expanded map is compatible with MOS v1.3 - giving you both features
    oh, alright. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    The MOS 1.3 Expanded Map is now ready for download in the OP. It is the teams hope that this submod is as trouble free as possible. The same features are in this submod as in the main MOS mod. DCI now works along with many other improvements. If there are any issues please let me or the team know ASAP either in this thread or in the main MOS thread. Suggestions are highly encouraged and are most helpful. Please let us know if there are any major balance issues that need to be addressed and if possible show a screenshot with the "mini-map" included. This will hopefully increase the challenge and enjoyment for all who use the expanded map. Enjoy.
    Thanks for the quick conversion Mike! Going to try it out tonight.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Thanks for the quick conversion Mike! Going to try it out tonight.
    I hope you enjoy it.