Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS v1.41 Expanded Map & Enhanced Ancillaries for MOS & MOS Expanded Map

Default Re: MOS v1.25 Expanded Map

I have vista. Nope its not there elven.. Im no expert at modding but it seem it might be that building file.. I wonder if mike or director might have their one to share or something... The standard mos 1.25 works practically without a glitch so i just dont undestand it...
    the game just doesnt like west moria... lol

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    I have vista. Nope its not there elven.. Im no expert at modding but it seem it might be that building file.. I wonder if mike or director might have their one to share or something... The standard mos 1.25 works practically without a glitch so i just dont undestand it...
    the game just doesnt like west moria... lol
    Sorry for not being helpful, perhapse Mike will be.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

No elven, please dont apologise... I always appreciate help from any quarter.. Thats one of teh things i like about teh lord of teh rings forum. Most people are nice and helpful which is why, other than stainless steel, LOTR is my fav mod...
    Just if i can get this to work, it will be like the icing on the cake so to speak...

Just if i can get this to work, it will be like the icing on the cake so to speak...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Here, have some

EDIT: Have u deleted map.rwm?
    Last edited by ElvenKind; August 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

No elven, please dont apologise... I always appreciate help from any quarter.. Thats one of teh things i like about teh lord of teh rings forum. Most people are nice and helpful which is why, other than stainless steel, LOTR is my fav mod...
    Avenging Angel, I am a relative newbie when it comes to modding, that being said I will try and offer a possible solution. Download notepad ++, it is free and is easy to install. Once installed open the descr_strat go to line 7769 and see if there any spaces or anything else unusual, compare with the entries listed above it. Notepad++ will make identifying errors much easier. I am going to use it myself on all future modding projects. What may look correct using regular notepad may not in fact be correct in actuality. Since we all use different computers with different OSs, and with different settings, sometimes things get tweaked from one computer to the next. Not really a solution I know, but it may help point you in the right direction.

Im in trouble then. My mod knowledge is non existant and if you say yr just starting too... oh dear, looks like i aint gonna be able to play with the expanded map...
    For even if you forget the descr_stat file, the culture thingy in teh export_descr_buildings file will still be there... and even if i did find a problem, i wouldnt know how to fix it... Its funny. I once a long time ago knew how to do these things in a small way but after a long period not using that knowledge, i forgot.... completely...

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    It is possible that it could be a graphics overload, however I am thinking that it lies somewhere in the campaign script dealing with diplomatic stances. I believe that it should be solved by the next release. I am glad to hear that it is clearing up for you after restart, I have no clue why it works like that.

I refused the Diplomatic Script. So, I guess it's a graphics overload, since I have no problem at all when I start the game new. But, after some turns I got a new ctd.
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

Well damn, my apologies gents. We are currently working on the next MOS release which will hopefully fix many issues that many of you (and at times me too) are suffering from. It may be a week or so before it is out and than a day or two later for the expanded map version.

One thing that should be fixed is that hobbits (if autonomous) will be able to build gravel roads and the North-South Road as well and in all newly added provinces. We may limit their ability to build roads to one province east and/or south of the River Anduin (still in debate). That is just one of many changes that will hopefully streamline the game and limit ctds. Of course this process if often like the little Dutch boy who stuck his thumb in the dyke only to have another leak occur just out of reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
    I installed the Mod + expanded map. The game works well. I am now at Turn 50 with the high Elves. Though every few turns the game crashes. After new load the game works, OK. Might be a problem with the graphic overload. I had a similar problem with a hearts of iron Mod.
    If u have desktop PC, open its case, clean it from dust( blow it out), clean the cooling fans too, if u have more than one memory stick in the slots , perhapse exchanging their places should refresh your memory usage.

Another bug, after the latest new text files, cant actually start a new campaign, just goes back to previous menu, old ones load fine. I have delete my map.rvm file.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanavich View Post
    Another bug, after the latest new text files, cant actually start a new campaign, just goes back to previous menu, old ones load fine. I have delete my map.rvm file.
    Son of Stephan, I am not sure which files you are referring to, if you can let me know which text files you're talking about I may be able to offer a solution.

Also the next version should have many bug fixes which will hopefully make MOS and the MOS expanded map more stable and enjoyable. It will hopefully be ready in the next week or so.

I have been playing an MOS 1.25 game with the expanded map and I have to say that it is awesome. It really helps you expand your economic base and provide more recruitment locations. Naturally the enemy has the same advantages but it makes for a more dynamic game. As far as lore is concerned I am by no means an expert and frankly if it's not totally out to lunch then I would just as soon have the extra opportunities. Thanks MIKE GOLF you rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Deisi View Post
    I have been playing an MOS 1.25 game with the expanded map and I have to say that it is awesome. It really helps you expand your economic base and provide more recruitment locations. Naturally the enemy has the same advantages but it makes for a more dynamic game. As far as lore is concerned I am by no means an expert and frankly if it's not totally out to lunch then I would just as soon have the extra opportunities. Thanks MIKE GOLF you rock.
    Thank you for your kind words. Hearing this only inspires one to strive to make things even better. Feel free to make any suggestions as well. I can't promise that they will be acted on, but I have changed many things already based on user feedback and in consultation with the rest of the MOS Team.

Hei Guys,Hey Mike Golf,

Firstly, I agree with Deisi. the game is fantastic, excellent with the large map. WOW!!!

However, this makes my problem (and not only mine as it seems to be) even worse.

in fact, in two games I have played so far, the campaign doesn't work any more after a certain number of turns (around 70).
    I red all the comments of the discussion but I cannot find a solution to this problem. this is sad!
    any suggestion?
    if you say that you are going to adress the issue in the (forthcoming, I hope) version 1.26 of the MOS, no problem of course. but I would really like to have the opportunity of pushing further the campaign!

second issue. I see that when I try to play custom battles I cannot add any more any settlement.

finally, I have a couple of suggestions.
    Firstly, why do not add a castle/motte and baley in island of Hirming, the former fortress of Mahedros?
    Secondly: why, instead of adding "Moria east gates", you do not transform the Morias' Durin tower in a castle? I think would be more appropriate and eventually easy to design as a special territory.

thanks again for the great, great great job anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by franznikoforos View Post
    Hei Guys,Hey Mike Golf,

Firstly, I agree with Deisi. the game is fantastic, excellent with the large map. WOW!!!

However, this makes my problem (and not only mine as it seems to be) even worse.

in fact, in two games I have played so far, the campaign doesn't work any more after a certain number of turns (around 70).
    I red all the comments of the discussion but I cannot find a solution to this problem. this is sad!
    any suggestion?
    if you say that you are going to adress the issue in the (forthcoming, I hope) version 1.26 of the MOS, no problem of course. but I would really like to have the opportunity of pushing further the campaign!

second issue. I see that when I try to play custom battles I cannot add any more any settlement.

finally, I have a couple of suggestions.
    Firstly, why do not add a castle/motte and baley in island of Hirming, the former fortress of Mahedros?
    Secondly: why, instead of adding "Moria east gates", you do not transform the Morias' Durin tower in a castle? I think would be more appropriate and eventually easy to design as a special territory.

thanks again for the great, great great job anyway!
    franznikoforos welcome to the forums! Thank you for your reply. For starters lets try and get the game working for you. If you can can you either post or attach a copy of the system log. Hopefully there will be needed clues to help solve the issue you are having. The logs folder is located in the Sega/Medieval II Total War folder. Also if you could let us know what faction you were playing and what you were doing at the time. Either myself, or more likely a smarter member of the team or other players may be able to help with your issue.

Still working on integration of all the changes. It will be a few days or more yet before Team and I feel comfortable about releasing anything. While there are no huge additions there are a few small ones, there hopefully will be many fixes to the game which will make it better for all. I have never played a custom battle before believe it or not I prefer the campaign map. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of custom battles can help with your issue here.

I actually couldn't remember who Maedhros was so after some research I discovered the following. When Beleriand sank in the First Age, the fortifications of Himring now lie underwater with only the very top of the mountain remaining above water. As far as the Tower of Durin, there is really not enough room around Moria to add such a castle, though it would be nice, in effect the tower would have to be placed on top of Moria and there is no way to do that. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Maedhros was the first son of Feanor, and Feanor was the creator of the Silmarils.

Dear Mike, thanks for the reply!

I will post you the log later during the week end (I am onn travel right now). The idea about hirming was only....because there is the island, then why do not exploit it? ^^ for the tower of Durin, I think you are right. sorry for the stupid suggestion!

if I have any other "good" idea I will maybe write here.

See you soon,

Franz

Quote Originally Posted by franznikoforos View Post
    Dear Mike, thanks for the reply!

I will post you the log later during the week end (I am onn travel right now). The idea about hirming was only....because there is the island, then why do not exploit it? ^^ for the tower of Durin, I think you are right. sorry for the stupid suggestion!

if I have any other "good" idea I will maybe write here.

See you soon,

Franz
    My math is worse now then when I was in grade school. I have just finished adding up all the provinces, and there are four more than I was thinking. The total number of provinces is now maxed out at 198 with a sea province. So unless there is a huge outcry for a particular province, no more can be added without deleting another. Looking at 2-3 days before the next release, still in the process of integrating everything with the expanded map. There will be A LOT of bugfixes included in the next release, so many in fact that I have lost count. BTW Franz, the only suggestion that is stupid is the one not voiced. So suggest away!

I just about to download this so where's the file I have to delete? And when is 1.26 going to be released? Thanks for the info

I got a ctd at turn 210 (winter 2999 TA) with the High Elves. I just pressed the next Turn button and immediatly the ctd happend. I tried several times, always the same result.

Ok, I guess the problem can't be solved since there is not even a system.log message.

It's a pitty since it was a thrilling game. I have to say that I like the new mod and the new expanded map. There are a few new settlements (for example south Tharbad) in regard to the last game I played, a few months back.
    I also like the new map picture of Esgaroth and Erebor.

But, there are some observations I made during my game.
    1. When I got sieged at Imlandris and I made a excursion, the city was a usual city with walls. Not a generic settlement like it should be.
    2. It seems that Generals or at least children aging slower than the years past by. Will say new family members were born at the first 3 Turns, but they weren't 16 after 64 Turns. They got 16 at about Turn 180 or so. Is it possible, that they need 12 Turns to get one year older?
    3. I had before every few turns a ctd at the end of the AI Turn. When I started new than it worked fine for the next few turns. I am not sure, but I had the impression that it happend less often when I zoom in to the map. Will say when I had a zoomed look to the map.
    4. Population grows is difficult. 25.000 Population for a big city is very difficult to reach. Even with very good govener it's almost impossible. I think there should be an improvement.

I hope you guys can make the game more stable, since it has a very high potential and is great fun to play. Thank you very much for all your effort.
    Last edited by Jackie Treehorn; August 18, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.