Thread: [CK2] [WIP] Calradia Kings

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default [CK2] [WIP] Calradia Kings

Calradia Kings
    A Total Conversion mod for Crusader Kings II based on the world of the Mount & Blade games

The aim of this mod is to, obviously, create an accurate, fun and vibrant world of Calradia for the game Crusader Kings II. I feel the world of Mount & Blade that we love so well is perfectly set up for the Crusader Kings II engine.

Calradia is unique in the way it is a world created solely for Mount & Blade. I love the world Taleworld's have created but there is no denying that a lot of it was lefting up to the players imagination and interpretation. Unfortunately, in Crusader Kings II you can't just leave things up to the player's mind. This is both a negative and a positive. It's a negative because we are then forced to fill in blanks and it might seem as if the mod is unfinished as a result. However, the silver lining is that we are allowed to flex our imaginations with raping a beloved lore.

Mod Team

Myself
    Suspicious Pilgrim (from the Taleworld forums)

Future Plans

• To create a Calradia with accurate cities, castles, villages, factions, titles, characters and history

• To expand and stretch the lore of Calradia somewhat, while still keeping close to the base, to allow us to create an interesting and fun campaign

• Add new traits to the existing ones so that there will be very detailed characters.

• To make a busy, vibrant world just as active as the one in M&B. This should involve the adding of more events and features.

Recruitment

Having only started modding Crusader King II for the first time myself yesterday afternoon, I don't think it's fair to start asking people to follow us on this. Also, having started yesterday, with such little experience, I'm not totally sure what we'll need help with and what we won't be able to do. However, here are positions I think we might need:

- A 2D artist, preferably someone who knows how to mod CKII but not at all necessary
    - A mapper (not sure about this one, but anyone with mapping experience will definitely be of use)

Apart from that, if you're interested in this and have some modding skill or feel like you want to learn, just sent me a PM and we'll try to sort something out. Also, even anyone with suggestions of things that could be implemented into the mod. As I said Calradia leaves us with a lot of gaps to fill and room to mess around with, therefore any suggestion we like will, at the very least be tested to see how they perform. So feel free to post away.

Very Early Screenshots

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

All feedback welcome!

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [WIP] Calradia Kings

New mods are always a welcome sight. Good luck with the work.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    New mods are always a welcome sight. Good luck with the work.
    Thanks man

Looking foreward to this, making much progress?

Just remembered this, I hope it's going well, I'm looking forward to it!

good luck!

Senator

Necro, but this idea is excellent and I'm totally on board with it. Hope all's going well.