Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The thread that started it all

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Default Re: The thread that started it all

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am sorry, but the download contains the cracked BI executable - the original size is 15,022KB
    It also contains the complete (unpacked) versions of RTW, BI and Alexander

All links removed, please do not post them again.
    Ok, sorry about that.

The mod worked with the original exe as well btw, but it crashed nonetheless.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDomination View Post
    Sooo, can we have an update on the progress of the mod, please? I've been checking this thread every day for months, and I'm really looking forward to the release.
    Work is still ongoing. What is taking the most time is converting units, as it is a very, very time consuming and tedious project. Gigantus is heading that up, and I can't say I envy the amount of work he has already put in on converting units. I can say, from the work I've personally done, that most of the text-based work is completed for the Beta release.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Awesome work guys. Seriously, words cannot describe how selflessly you guys are working for the community. On a different note, there is a Chinese mod for RoTK that is complete, but lacks translations. Perhaps you could work out a deal with their team and use some of their models to speed up your own work?

I am sorry, but the download contains the cracked BI executable - the original size is 15,022KB
    It also contains the complete (unpacked) versions of RTW, BI and Alexander

All links removed, please do not post them again.
    Darn, and I just got around compressing quarter of the data. So I can assume that 1.7A Download (without the BI EXE) is not allow to be posted here. Or can I just post the data that are need for the game without the cracked EXE (which I assume the BI and Alex files are fine, but their prob not)?

Speaking about this mod, can I have Zhou Yun this time around as Liu Bei? Cause the faction that owns Zhou Yun gets killed off 2/3 of the I play this mod.
    Thanks for the hard work by the way.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by JasonDomination
    Awesome work guys. Seriously, words cannot describe how selflessly you guys are working for the community. On a different note, there is a Chinese mod for RoTK that is complete, but lacks translations. Perhaps you could work out a deal with their team and use some of their models to speed up your own work?
    I think it is actually a Vietnamese team, not Chinese, but that's beside the point We have looked at that mod and I think Gigantus has talked to them, or at least attempted to, about some of their stuff. Although to be honest, I have issues with quite a few of the things they did, including the armors and factions included. Both of which are things that will only be slightly modified for the Beta release, but will be rectified for the final version of this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan999 View Post
    Darn, and I just got around compressing quarter of the data. So I can assume that 1.7A Download (without the BI EXE) is not allow to be posted here. Or can I just post the data that are need for the game without the cracked EXE (which I assume the BI and Alex files are fine, but their prob not)?

Speaking about this mod, can I have Zhou Yun this time around as Liu Bei? Cause the faction that owns Zhou Yun gets killed off 2/3 of the I play this mod.
    Thanks for the hard work by the way.
    Someone with more knowledge on that (Gigantus) would have to answer the cracked exe questions.

And you are talking about Zhao Yun? If so then, no, he won't be with Liu Bei as he served Gongsun Zan at our mod's start date (194 AD) and didn't join Liu Bei until 200 AD.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's not only the cracked EXE - it's the vast amount of unmodified data. In fact it's the complete unpacked RTW, BI and Alexander. That's a complete no go.

From the ToS:

Unacceptable uses would include entire songs, long videos, large collections of images, altered game executables, pirated operating systems, unmodified game files (except those released by the developers themselves, for example converted .bin files released by CA for M2TW) that are not essential parts of modifications or anything that competes with the work you're copying (i.e., people might just download your copy instead of buying the original).

It's not only the cracked EXE - it's the vast amount of unmodified data. In fact it's the complete unpacked RTW, BI and Alexander. That's a complete no go.

From the ToS:

Unacceptable uses would include entire songs, long videos, large collections of images, altered game executables, pirated operating systems, unmodified game files (except those released by the developers themselves, for example converted .bin files released by CA for M2TW) that are not essential parts of modifications or anything that competes with the work you're copying (i.e., people might just download your copy instead of buying the original).
    Well that is too bad, I am so sorry for the waste of time Gigantus and to other people by getting your hopes up.

Two final question till the mod comes out:
    1: Is it okay I keep the mod for myself (I know it seem like a stupid question, but it looks like it's kind of illegal so..)
    2: Are the rebel force in this mod going to have 6 chevron army?

Blog Entries

As long as you do not provide links to the download again we won't have a problem, what you do on your own machine is completely up to your discretion.

We haven't gotten around to reviewing the initial army compositions.

WarbornUK's Avatar Tiro

So this mod is still around? I got worried, I thought it was dead. Glad to see it's not

ButtSwag's Avatar Decanus

My God. I just stumbled upon this mod, and I am amazed. I loved Dynasty Warriors as a kid, and while I don't know the history, I remember all the characters and factions etc. This looks amazing, I can't wait.

Crossing my fingers this releases soon! I would love to play this mod i am a big fan and most of the times i usually just play ROTK games to get a good strategy feel from the Series I would love to play a total war equivalent!

Blog Entries

I am at present not working on it as I am on holidays, but Seether is making good process with he trait system and once I am back I'll see that the battle model conversions get going, I really would like to release a beta version so that we can get some feed back on the work so far.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

I really would like to release a beta version so that we can get some feed back on the work so far.
    Oh, that sounds awesome! Good luck and hopefully we will see something like that soon enough!
    RTWRM - back to basics

I'll always be ready for a comprehensive testing to be done.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Looks amazing gigantus and co. Always impressed with your guys work.

Spardan's Avatar Foederatus

Beta sound good. I know some of my friends who are bit of dynasty fans themselves. This mod will surely bring back good memories and lot more. Even Rome 2 is coming this is something so different what keeps MTW:2 alive for long time i'm sure.. Played the first one also, and actually i have it even still somewhere. Modded my self own stats to every unit in export_desc_txt and many other files. I remember how horrid it was at first when cannot understand even one word chinese or what that was. But soon with little testing and reasoning found them all.

Hi Gigantus, I guess your holidays are over by now ?!
    So good luck with continuing good work here at RoTK !
    (+rep.)

Blog Entries

I am back, but had to fix my system first - monitor gone bust. Now I am having a look at a problem with 1648 and then work will continue here.

:] how is it coming along? i cant wait to hear about all the progress made!

Blog Entries

Eventually the problem with 1648 got solved - now it's back to this mod.