Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The thread that started it all

Default Re: The thread that started it all

GREAT JOB about the cavalry! but are you going to make those shields smaller? because they are cutting the horses heads off.
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

200th post!

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

I am very interested in this mod. Can't wait until it comes out.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

This looks great, are you going to make it so that you can understand the events units and stuff without knowing much about chinese history?
    I mean there are some mods out there that have a cool theme but are to complicated to understand and I don't want this mod to be one of them!
    Keep up the good work!

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Since I'm doing the majority of the text for the mod, I'll see if I can answer. The Three Kingdoms era is a pretty complex time of history. There are so many different people, doing so many different things, that effected so many different events. All of it is quite a bit to wrap one's head around. Not only that, but the mod takes place in 194, which is right in the middle (figuratively speaking) of the wars and events shaping the era. Prior to 194, quite a lot had already taken place. The Yellow Turban Rebellion, Dong Zhuo seizing power over the Han Court and the coalition against him, and quite a bit of regional warfare.

Keeping in mind that quite a few people might have no knowledge of our setting, I made sure to give thorough backgrounds in the faction descriptions on the faction selection screen. Also, every character will have their own "Biography" trait that gives background and information about that particular character. Some have more info in their trait, some have less; it just depends on the source material. All in all, it has been a painstaking (and ongoing) process. So, in my opinion, I think that players will be able to understand events and characters without having any prior knowledge of our setting.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

The Three Kingdoms period is FULL of interesting people and events, im amazed you can fit most of it in bite sized chunks and bits. Well done indeed to you all.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Riwallon's Avatar Libertus

Hi,
    Love the fact you're putting this mod on medieval (i'm still playing with the RTW one)... I have a degree in Chinese so if you need help with translation just ask...

I could have used you a month ago

As far as I can tell, most (if not all) of the translating is done. If anything does pop up, I'll send you a PM.

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Read the three kingdoms novel; seen all the movies, and played most of the games from the series.
    Great era, will be following this (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I could have used you a month ago

As far as I can tell, most (if not all) of the translating is done. If anything does pop up, I'll send you a PM.
    Sound great !!! I hope i can play the Mod as soon as possible.

Here is a nice video which:

You can take from it picture for loading screens and music.

The music is from Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI

Loving the mod! Inspired me to make an account on this site.

Do we have an estimated release date for this mod? I want to help make a trailer when it is done.

SuperAnt's Avatar Libertus

I just wanted to thank you for the work that you are doing, I'm sure it will be fantastic since you have a lot of greats ideas ( like wonders )

Carry on without pressure

remarkable stuff, as said above, I'm sure this mod will be amazing

Maybe you could take parts of the youtube movie above for your trailer.
    One of the three, a name split in two, one part is not here, the other is my account name.
    I am the beginning and end of all beings, of all life
    My breath is pure and live giving, Yin and yang were mine.
    The jade emperor was my apprentice, Now i am retired, leaving the rule of the world in his hands.

Who am i?

-Tianzong-

How was the Rammas Echor made in TATW? You could use that way to make the Great Wall. Unless it was also made with resources...

Hmm... not sure how it was made; I would guess it is a resource, but not really sure. As far as I know, the Great Wall was, for the most part, not a continuous wall or series of fortifications. There were many breaks in the "wall" and much of the wall itself was simply mounds of dirt, as opposed to the brick and stone structures we are accustomed to seeing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Hmm... not sure how it was made; I would guess it is a resource, but not really sure. As far as I know, the Great Wall was, for the most part, not a continuous wall or series of fortifications. There were many breaks in the "wall" and much of the wall itself was simply mounds of dirt, as opposed to the brick and stone structures we are accustomed to seeing today.
    The Ramas Echor is a resource. Maybe use an unused climates trees in a thin strip and make the models and textures look like a wall? Or put settlements in certain spot and make the strat models sections of the wall? That is all I can think of off the top of my head. Of course you could just raise the terrain and change the tiles textures using an used climate, I am sure there is a better way though. I will dwell on it.

Yes, there was no wall in certain parts and not much of a wall in most parts, also the terrain in certain areas was bad enough that no wall was needed and probably couldn't be built if they wanted to. Overall it was a colossal waste of time and resources, not to mention slave labor. A lot sections fell into disuse and disrepair shortly after being rather poorly constructed so going over, around, or even through it wasn't that difficult. I would imagine any towers they built would be decently constructed though so maybe use a resource for the towers with a bit of decent wall on each side and just raise the terrain and change the texture for the rest of the wall?
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 30, 2012 at 11:25 PM.