Thread: Unload troops at hostile beaches/harbors

Default Unload troops at hostile beaches/harbors

Is it just me doing something wrong or is it really hard to get your army to unload onto enemy beaches/harbors. When I click with my transport fleet on the harbor the option "land troops" most times doesn't work and just clicking onto a beach means that the agents stay on the navy and have to be unloaded on the next turn (where my army could already move along - but the agents have no movement points due to the landing)

Does anyone have a solution - am I doing something wrong?

Default Re: Unload troops at hostile beaches/harbors

Chances are you didn't have enough movement points to complete the ship's move and the landing.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mordocai View Post
    Is it just me doing something wrong or is it really hard to get your army to unload onto enemy beaches/harbors. When I click with my transport fleet on the harbor the option "land troops" most times doesn't work and just clicking onto a beach means that the agents stay on the navy and have to be unloaded on the next turn (where my army could already move along - but the agents have no movement points due to the landing)

Does anyone have a solution - am I doing something wrong?
    Destroy (totally ) the enemy port first ( you can't invade in FOTS otherwise ) then unload your agent and then finally unload your army

Quote Originally Posted by DeMolay View Post
    Destroy (totally ) the enemy port first ( you can't invade in FOTS otherwise ) then unload your agent and then finally unload your army
    So you have to do away with their port first before invading in FoTS? I had no idea - but I think the OP is referring to the original Shogun 2 game.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Yes in FOTS only , in vanilla there are more possible "invading shores locations" and you don't need to destroy their port

But in FOTS each province has only one "entry point" for invading troops coming from the sea , and usually it's the port area itself so you have to destroy it in order to invade

If the OP speaks about vanilla , an army lose its ability to move in the same turn after unloading from a ship , unless it unloads at one of your ports , but when you invade enemy shores , you need to get your agent out of first and then your army , otherwise if you unload the army first , you won"t be able to unload your agent until the next turn

And why is that? Why cant the agent also be unloaded?

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by NicolaiR View Post
    He can be , but if you want the agent+the army to be unloaded in the same turn , you need to unload the agent first

It's a small flaw , not sure the devs intended it

If the city has beachfront suburbs, you can assault it as you come ashore.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by NicolaiR View Post
    You can transpot units from ships with no movement points to ships with movement points to complete the landing, but there might not be enough shore space.

Remember that when you select a stack of ships, choose all but one to leave the "stack", and the FINAL REMAINING ship will have ALL of the land units/agents that used to be in the whole stack. Thus you can travel tremendous distances or offload over and over because separating stacks of ships from one another doesn't require movement points. Remember to only use one ship at a time for landing any unit, they will lose all movement points, if a stack of ships lands a unit you just wasted all the other ships' movement points too.
    Last edited by TheTrueBlue; July 23, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Only if you needed that flotilla somewhere else; it's one of the exploits you begin to appreciate if you happen to be playing either Shimazu or Date.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.