Thread: Public Order

Default Public Order

An example of maintaining public order to avoid a rebellion. Being that you have to deal with the normal public order factors and in addition to that, provinces previously controlled by a different alignment need to be converted to your alignment.(As told with copy and paste I hope it helps and makes sense) version .9

Starting an Iga-Ikki campaign on VH using pack 2(keep in mind that resistance to invaders is lower on lower difficulty levels)

I attack and take Yamato province
    Figure 1 and 2 -12 public order this could get ugly. I could only get my daimyo in the castle on this turn as the rest of my forces were out of movement points.
    Figure 3 I queue a yari ashigaru as that will add +1 to public order(repression) on the next turn
    Figure 4 I queue a local theatre as that will add +2 to public order(happiness) when finished
    If the pic doesn't show you might have to view it from the thumbnail below.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The next turn
    Figure 1 Mounting Unrest! I fear rebellion
    Figure 2 Any turn that public order is below 0 the town takes a -25 hit from discontent, slightly lowering your income
    Figure 3 I've started to learn Zen in the chi arts but it won't take effect until it's learned.(remember to check up on the shaded areas so you know when those things actually apply to the public order, shaded areas are predicted to occur but might not come into play for several turns)
    Figure 4 The non clan alignment will be rising by 1 each turn for several turns. The resistance to invaders will be declining by 1 for a number of turns. I think of them as negating each other(note on lower difficulty levels the resistance to invaders is lower and might be gone before the non clan alignment stops rising)
    Figure 5 I've now moved the rest of my forces into Yamato bringing the public order down to -4
    Figure 6 I queue another yari ashigaru which will add +1 to public order on the next turn
    Figure 7 I temporarily tax exempt the province(removing the tax burden, increasing public order but also losing the income from the province for as long as it's exempt). bringing the public order to 0. Avoiding a rebellion(you just need to have the public order at 0 at the beginning of the second turn in order to avoid a rebellion)
    Figure 8 I queue a stronghold which will give an additional +1 to public order when finished. I also queue rice paddies to make sure my food surplus doesn't go below 0 once the stronghold is complete
    The next turn
    Figure 1 The local theatre is finished(+2) and the yari ashigaru I recruited(+1) bringing public order to 3
    Figure 2 I move another unit into yamato bringing public order to 4
    Figure 3 I move the bulk of my forces to siege Ujiie in Ise province, the public order is in the negative again so Yamato will suffer discontent on the next turn
    The next turn
    Figure 1 -25 discontent to the town, public order at -6. A possible rebellion looming
    Figure 2 Temporarily tax exempt the province
    Figure 3 The stronghold will be finished on the next turn(+1) and I'll queue a yari ashigaru(+1). So at the start of the next turn public order will be at 0. No rebellion
    Figure 4 and 6 I take Ise province, thankfully it has a lower resistance to invaders. Ishida is moving to attack Iga so I might have to take my troops in Ise and send them against Ishida.
    Figure 5 In anticipation of my troops leaving Ise, I've decided to Queue a unit(+1) and build a local theatre(+2). So that I can pull out as many units as possible to send against Ishida
    A few turns later
    Thanks to my public order preparations in Ise I was able to send troops to defeat Ishida, making them my vassal.
    Figure 1 In Yamato I'm building a tokugawa loan room which will add +1 public order(political happiness). The +1 public order won't actually take effect until more then 50% of the population supports my alignment(Tokugawa).
    Figure 2 The tokugawa loan room is finished allowing me to recruit a dairinin(political agent). I've put his skill points into inspiring, which will increase public order when he's in the castletown. I also got a retainer which adds +2 public order(repression).
    Figure 3 More then 50% of the population will support my alignment on the next turn. Adding the +1 public order from the tokugawa loan room(political happiness). I've decided to take a chance and send the troops in Yamato to deal with my new threat, war against Toyotomi. I'm leaving the dairinin in yamato to help keep the public order at 0 or more.
    Another thing that is helpful is your daimyo's honour. My daimyo has 6 honour. Which adds +2 public order in every province(+1 if 5 honour).
    Pic 1 Upon reaching rank 4 I've put 2 points into honourable in his skill tree
    Pic 2 He's now at 6 Honour
    Pic 3 Looking at Yamato again. Public order problems are a thing of the past.
    Last edited by wealthmonger; July 22, 2012 at 04:33 PM.