View Poll Results: What is our stance on gun control in general?

Voters
427. You may not vote on this poll
  • No gun control whatsoever.

35 8.20%
  • As little gun control as possible.

73 17.10%
  • Strict gun control.

143 33.49%
  • Somewhere in between.

103 24.12%
  • Ban it all together.

54 12.65%
  • Not sure.

2 0.47%
  • Don't care.

17 3.98%

Thread: The Gun Debate That Will Happen Whether You Like It Or Not

Default Re: The Gun Debate That Will Happen Whether You Like It Or Not

Quote Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
    Only seen you state "Muslims aren't a race" four times now. Please point to specific posts.
    *Snipping attempt at humor*
    You impress me good sir

Have a beer, it may help you recover your wits
    Last edited by Mithridate; January 08, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    He associated Muslims with race. Muslims are not a race. This is something like three times I've had to state this. This is getting like-
    It appears that I associated being a bigot with the stereotypes thrust at those who don't wish to become a servant of the state.
    That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

Only seen you state "Muslims aren't a race" four times now. Please point to specific posts.

Living is easy with eyes closed
    Misunderstanding all you see
    It's getting hard to be someone
    But it all works out
    It doesn't matter much to me
    Let me take you down
    'cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields

Strawberry Fields Forever - The Beatles
    God almighty. I feel like Basil Fawlty explaining things to Manuel. AGAIN-

...and therefore all muslims have a burning desire to blow themselves up for allah, right?

Gun rights advocates are clearly the racists..
    Again, he associated Muslims with race in a very curious (and factually erroneous) attempt to bring race into it. I can post this again if you wish as you appear not be paying attention.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Custom User Title
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Whukid View Post
    Totally heartless of me to point out that without any gun control laws, Arlington, Virginia had 0 murders in 2011 while DC with it's infamous gun ban had almost 150..
    My apologies then. With the words you used, in the order you placed them, it looked like you were saying that murder was a crime you would prefer compared to burglary etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Way ahead of you

Tho, ive run out of Jagermeister
    Rémy Martin VSOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
    Rémy Martin VSOP.
    Damn youre fancy, im down to... Swedish Elk Brew
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

God almighty. I feel like Basil Fawlty explaining things to Manuel. AGAIN-

Again, he associated Muslims with race in a very curious (and factually erroneous) attempt to bring race into it. I can post this again if you wish as you appear not be paying attention.
    That's not even close to saying Muslim is a race. He was referring to all followers of Islam. Good job misunderstanding English.

You impress me good sir

Have a beer, it may help you recover your wits
    Sorry, underage.

Lyrics to Fixing a Hole fit both sides of this debate.

Code:
    I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in 
    And stops my mind from wandering 
    Where it will go 

I'm filling the cracks that ran through the door 
    And kept my mind from wandering 
    Where it will go 

And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong I'm right 
    Where I belong I'm right 
    Where I belong. 

See the people standing there who disagree and never win 
    And wonder why they don't get in my door 
    I'm painting my room in the colourful way 

And when my mind is wandering 
    There I will go 
    And it really doesn't matter if I'm wrong I'm right 
    Where I belong I'm right 
    Where I belong. 

Silly people run around they worry me 
    And never ask me why they don't get past my door 
    I'm taking the time for a number of things 
    That weren't important yesterday 
    And I still go 

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in 
    And stops my mind from wandering 
    Where it will go
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; January 08, 2013 at 04:13 PM.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

That is the flaw in your theory, gentlemen and I will not help you out of it. If you choose to deal with men by means of compulsion, do so. But you will discover that you need the voluntary co-operation of your victims, in many more ways than you can see at present. And your victims should discover that it is their own volition - which you cannot force - that makes you possible. I choose to be consistent and I will obey you in the manner you demand. Whatever you wish me to do, I will do it at the point of a gun. If you sentence me to jail, you will have to send armed men to carry me there - I will not volunteer to move. If you fine me, you will have to seize my property to collect the fine - I will not volunteer to pay it. If you believe that you have the right to force me - use your guns openly. I will not help you to disguise the nature of your action. -Hank Rearden

Sorry, underage.
    16 and unable to drink? Thats... rare regardless of western country

Well, have one on me when ur 18 then, a shot if u manage to wait until 20-21
    But dont do fags, Doing fags are bad... Gay is win tho

That's not even close to saying Muslim is a race. He was referring to all followers of Islam.
    What? So the second statement of 'Gun rights advocates are clearly the racists..' was what? A separate musing? Not in the least associated with his statement above it that reads '...and therefore all muslims have a burning desire to blow themselves up for allah, right?'

He associated Muslims with race. I pointed out they were not a race. You asked when he did that. I gave the quote again. Still it was not enough for you. This grows very tiresome.

Good job misunderstanding English.
    Seriously?
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

Yes, I only have a degree, and I bow to your superior grasp of statistical analysis. I would support your endeavour to join the also woefully lacking teams of professional statisticians that have wasted vast amounts of time and resources in generating the same conclusions as I did. No doubt your substantial post-graduate education will ensure you are taken seriously in such a position.

degree in art history?

Please show me a criminologist who supports your position besides hemenway/ludwig which have already been debunked. The source must be peer reviewed an not from the brady bunch. And please stop sourcing crap comparing the US to other countries without first accounting for spuriousness (3rd party variables).

So paranoia is reasonable? And, I have no health insurance. I don't need any. Got to love the NHS.
    Why do you need government mandated healthcare are you paranoid of getting sick or injured?

Again, I bow to your infinitely superior grasp of statistics, and look forward to your upcoming publications that shall, beyond doubt, prove to the world that you are right and all the others are wrong.
    I don't care about proving jack squat to the world. Only proving that those who are anti-gun in this thread are wrong, which myself and others have been doing quite successfully.

And I'm the one with problems of statistical analysis? Okay. I'm less enthusiastic about reading your paper now.
    Several people have that problem in here, but you seem to be at the head of the line.
    Last edited by Gelgoog; January 08, 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

What? So the second statement of 'Gun rights advocates are clearly the racists..' was what? A separate musing? Not in the least associated with his statement above it that reads '...and therefore all muslims have a burning desire to blow themselves up for allah, right?'

He associated Muslims with race. I pointed out they were not a race. You asked when he did that. I gave the quote again. Still it was not enough for you. This grows very tiresome.

Seriously?
    It was a subtle poke at what you and many others have said throughout this entire discussion. You really thought he was serious?
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

It was a subtle poke at what you and many others have said throughout this entire discussion. You really thought he was serious?
    Your continued hectoring and constant lack of understanding I certainly took seriously.

I trust you have now finally understood the post in question and we can move on.

Citizen

Blog Entries

I don't understand how you can so erroneously mix up referencing followers of Islam with race.

I don't understand how you can so erroneously mix up referencing followers of Islam with race.
    Its alarmingly commonly done unfortunately, and Im pretty certain he was not joking...

That not even being remotely based on his love for extreme jumps in logic ( when even applied )

Custom User Title
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gelgoog View Post
    degree in art history?
    Not exactly. My BA & MA did cover art history though, as you'd expect. My BSc involved statistics, and data analysis.

Please show me a criminologist who supports your position besides hemenway/ludwig which have already been debunked. The source must be peer reviewed an not from the brady bunch. And please stop sourcing crap comparing the US to other countries without first accounting for spuriousness (3rd party variables).
    Sorry, is the UNODC the Brady Bunch? Oh well. Again I must bow to your superior statistical knowledge.

Why do you need government mandated healthcare are you paranoid of getting sick or injured?
    3 card Monty.

I don't care about proving jack squat to the world. Only proving that those who are anti-gun in this thread are wrong, which myself and others have been doing quite successfully.
    I'm anti gun? Okay. I've been saying all along the the usual arguments and statistical wriggling are inconclusive at best. If having less guns was categorically safer, then those countries without guns would be safer. Or vice versa. But, they are not. There are 'safe' countries, with and without guns. There are violent places with or without guns. I hope that clears it up?

Several people have that problem in here, but you seem to be at the head of the line.
    I love you too, sweetness.

That not even being remotely based on his love for extreme jumps in logic ( when even applied )
    we're still waiting for your statistics, sources, and credentials which would warrant your mundane opinion concerning "high capacity" magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciabhán View Post
    Quite a few but what does that matter? Are poor people or people who know their attacker not allowed to defend themselves?
    Of course not, but I am guess the vast majority of people who buy assault rifles to "protect themselves" are at very low risk for being attacked in their home. My point is this mentality is either hypocrisy or paranoia, take your pick.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Oh crap, FPSRussia member Keith Ratcliff was killed with a gunshot to the head. What if Kyle went mad? D:

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Of course not, but I am guess the vast majority of people who buy assault rifles to "protect themselves" are at very low risk for being attacked in their home. My point is this mentality is either hypocrisy or paranoia, take your pick.
    So then we should outlaw sprinkler systems and ban people from buying Conex containers and turning them into underground bunkers...?

Quote Originally Posted by Whukid View Post
    So then we should outlaw sprinkler systems and ban people from buying Conex containers and turning them into underground bunkers...?
    Why do you continue to rely on red herrings to support your position? You make the rest of us who want to enjoy gun ownership rights look absolutely terrible. Please, for all our sake's, stop. None of us want you as the posterboy for our rights.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر