Thread: So I played Gates of Troy again...

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default So I played Gates of Troy again...

What a game! I was surprised by how solid it seems after all these years. Highly recommended to any TBS game fans! Will we be seeing something similar from you any time soon?
    Last edited by Hobbes; July 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

Lord Zimoa's Avatar Slitherine Games
    Citizen

Default Re: So I played Gates of Troy again...

For all the Legion, Spartan and Gates of Troy old fans I hope to bring some good news within the coming weeks or months. That is the best I can reveal at this point in time. :-)

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zimoa View Post
    For all the Legion, Spartan and Gates of Troy old fans I hope to bring some good news within the coming weeks or months. That is the best I can reveal at this point in time. :-)

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ

This is amazing. I will resume my old Corinthian campaign right now to celebrate!

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ
    Oh man...it's only been ten years.

Hey, you guys should put your old games on GoG.com if you can, I'd sure as hell buy Legion again, I don't have my discs anymore. I still think that's ne of the best games I've ever played.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Bolkonsky View Post
    Oh man...it's only been ten years.

Hey, you guys should put your old games on GoG.com if you can, I'd sure as hell buy Legion again, I don't have my discs anymore. I still think that's ne of the best games I've ever played.
    I'd buy all the oldies. These were the games that got me into strategy! Spartan's order system was very well formed. What's makes the games more impressive is that the company was really small back then!

I liked GoT, except for the battles that became the same every time.

hehe... Hope TWC gets its official reveal ^^

I remember legion with fond memories .. but their battles didn't hold a candle to TW ..

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ
    And Chariots of War, you forgot Chariots of War! I never played Gates of Troy and Legion wasn't my cup of tea, but Spartan and Chariots of War was indeed Earl Grey with two lumps and milk.

What I particularly liked in CoW was that you didn't have to have a building all its own just to recruit larger squads, but simply upgraded the troop-producing building. Those building slots are precious

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Spartan :O I loved that game so much
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    Spartan :O I loved that game so much
    Spartan is a great game! Nothing like beheading, boiling enemy diplomat alives, if they reject one of your diplomats, especially the cretan diplomats, there always rejecting my diplomats, and far harder then legion, legion was good, but to easy, playing has sparta with no walls is quite hard, plus the upkeep in silver and all, love the research system from that game too, never tryed Gates of Try thou..... did mean to buy, but seemed like it was only on the shelves for a little while before being reclaimed or not stocked anymore. Same thing happened to CC5, and most of the close combat series, feel very lucky to own the orignal hard copies from back then, but now, if you buy close combat from Matrix, they print your name on the CD which is pretty neat, they never did it for my longest day CD, but for Road to Arnhem, ive got my name on the CD Also remember when i ordetred and recieved the game, they also bombarded me with quite few e-mails making sure to see if i had recieved the game, and if i wanted it sent out again, which was really nice, didn't take the time to reply and thank them for there concern, since i was to busy playing it, but i was really chuffed with the effort they went too, to make sure i recieved the game.

Just hope they can bring the price down a bit of Close Combat games, there two more i need to get, orignal CC5 so i can play most of the mods, althought i did use to have it, but borrow it to a friend i never saw again, and of course i really need to get wacht am rhein, since so far, after "a bridge to far" i find battle of the bulge" the hardest of the CC series. Although Bloody Omaha mod (longest day) is brilliant for a PvP campagin.

Love using the 52nd Ox & Bucks regiment to secure pegasus bridge, then holding until relieved

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Funny I found my Legion disc yesterday while cleaning out my closet, I lost it years ago, but sadly it is all scratched up now and it won't even read when I try to install
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Damn, I found my cd yesterday, its definetly a great game, I hope you guys remake it with today's standarts, by today's standarts I mean deeper, more realistic mechanics and some graphical delights, none of the fans expect superb graphics though, thats not the point of that game
    Last edited by Tureuki; November 12, 2012 at 07:54 AM.

gates of troy.....nice game that was. doesn't run on win7 now, does it? gave me error when i was reinstalling it. used to play on xp and along with spartan was one of the best games i played. it was the basis for me entering into total war series. when i first saw empire:total war, the in-game screenshots immediately hit me like "its like gates of troy!!"
    If you have the power..............................
    Face me in single hand to hand combat.............
    (in your dream!!!)

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I remember playing Spartan on win 7 32 bit, so it should run. Try installing in compatibility mode.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!