Thread: RTW 2 on older computers

Photo Finish's Avatar Civis

Default RTW 2 on older computers

My current computer can run Warscape engine generation games well on low settings. However, I am sceptical about my chances on Rome 2. I will probably manage to run it smoothly on campaign map, but I have doubts about battles (especially sieges). So, do you believe the campaign wil be appealing enough to play with auto resolves? Im thinking about getting a more up-to-date system too, but has anyone,for example, played shogun on campaign only? Do you believe the game will (does) provide enough depth excluding the battles, or should i just focus on buying a new computer? (I'm a laptop person, so limited upgrading possibilities.)

I go! | History of war | Propaganda is written by the Victor. History is written by the Observer.

Default Re: RTW 2 on older computers

The minimum requirements are the same as Shogun 2, so if you can play that on low then you should be fine with Rome 2.

Default Re: RTW 2 on older computers

Funny since it's usually the campaign map that slugs your computer, if you won't be able to run battles I doubt it will be different with the Map unless they actually offer some optimization.