Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom-Battle Alpha Available for Download!

gamegeek2's Avatar Centenarius

Default Custom-Battle Alpha Available for Download!

I have a confession to make: we at EBNOM have had a working custom-battle capable alpha for several weeks now.

And we haven't told you.

Despite a stall in further progress on unit creation due to the temporary absence of our friend Finn MacCumhail, I and a few members of the EB Online community have been testing an alpha version of the mod, capable of custom battles and with a large number of both old and new units implemented and fully working!

Because of the stalled progress on the custom battle alpha due to my work on some map files right now, I have decided to let you guys download the current build of the alpha!

Instructions: Make sure you have BI installed. Extract each of the folders into your BI directory. It is modfoldered. After this, create a shortcut to Bi.exe with the tags "-mod:bi\EBNOM -show_err -nm"

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?q7ov5y3sezkpnmt
    Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mcrekdkauja9g5
    Part 3: http://www.mediafire.com/?ziz37beb7d74b35
    Part 4: http://www.mediafire.com/?hdzaaf7tfkyrfyv
    Patch (extract AFTER Parts 1-4, very important!): http://www.mediafire.com/?dr8wzubxlfsbcu3

BE WARNED: There are many units that do not work. Much of the Parthian and Armenian rosters do not work, and practically the entire Sarmatian roster is non-functional. There are some assorted other units (for example, Numidian Slingers, Cluddacorioi, and Bagaudoi) that do not work. Be wary of these. Arjos Suadurix has an entire list of the non-functional units. However, 95% or so of units are functional, and battles are perfectly playable.

Have fun!
    Last edited by gamegeek2; July 20, 2012 at 10:48 PM.

Default Re: Custom-Battle Alpha Available for Download!

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos Suadurix

This is the list of non-functional units...

Pontos: Thureophoroi tes Anatoles, Basternai.

Aiduoi: 100% functional.

Saka: Elephantes Indikoi, Elephantes Kataphractoi Indikoi.

Getai: Komatai Hippeis, Getikoi Hippotoxotai, Basternai.

Ptolemaioi: 100% functional.

Mamloket haHashmonayim: 100% functional.

Malkuta Nabatu: 100% functional.

Hayastan: Thureophoroi tes Anatoles.

Basileion ton Koshanon: Elephantes Indikoi, Elephantes Kataphractoi Indikoi.

Aruernoi: 100% functional.

Sertoriani: Kombalkores, Arekoratoi, Kantabroi Ekuoredoi.

Suessiones: Catioi.

Lugiones: 100% functional.

Mamlakat biMassilim: Somrei haMelek, Qala'im Imazigim.

Sweboz: 100% functional.

Pahlava: Elephantes Indikoi, Shivartir-i Pahlavanig, Asavaran-i Dehbed, Thureophoroi tes Anatoles, Thanvare Payahdag, 101 men UPT unit.

Senatvs Popvlvsqve Romanvs: Cluddacorioi, Cohors Saggitarorum Syriaca, Qala'im Imazigim, Uisusparos Cingetoi.

Sauromatae: 100% non-functional.

Nice to see an early release. But I've tried to play some custom battles and each time I get a CTD. There's absolutely no way I'll remember which units are usable and which are not. Especially when many of the disfunctional ones have unit cards...
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Use the list, and avoid the Sauromatae!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Downloading now, thank you!

Models and skins are fantastic. I just played a battle as Pontos against Rome. I experience quite a bit of lag though, even with all settings turned down. Is this because the mod is incomplete or do you think it must be my specs? I can run RTR7 reasonably well so I can't see why specs would be a problem.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

It may also be the RS2 environments. The newer models are M2TW quality if I recall correctly, except they're fierce Celts rather than ugly peasants.

WHOA! Great job guys! This was unexpected. I like the music and menu background (although it's all every much WIP, I guess).

I played a PTO vs. SWE battle. Great stuff - I'm really looking forward to the grand campaign now!

Using most of the other factions in battles, even when not using the units on the posted list, (and also exiting RTW after battles) seems to always cause CTD's for me. But that (and the weird assignment of keys) doesn't bother me at all (not the least!), as it's a pre-alpha... and it looks like you guys have done a great deal of work already. Kudos and +rep.

Btw... what's this? An angry NOM-bird?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have no idea what's with that, you'd have to talk to Finn but we are unable to contact him as of right now. I imagine it's meant to represent the fact that we are unable to display you a prepared map as of right now, though I am working on that. I suppose I can reveal that I have decided on what our 200 provinces will be, and they are a big overhaul from the provinces in EB.

Come to the EB Online lobby and you can usually find some people with EBNOM ready and able to fight, or help with crashing problems. I can truthfully say that I've fought full multiplayer battles with all factions except the two Parthian factions and the Sauromatae.

Visit the EBO forums here: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumd...Campus-Martius

Read more here: www.ebportal.tk
    Last edited by gamegeek2; July 22, 2012 at 05:59 PM.

So the campaign map is in the works now?! Great news!

Btw here a one or two screenshots I made from my PTO vs SWE battle, nothing special though (but the units look splendid): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post11763054

I'm not really that much of a online battle guys (I'm simply crap at that - always lost the few battle I played ) or custom battle guy for that matter (as I love having a campaign context for the battles I fight), but I'll perhaps give it a try sometime.

Again... great work gamegeek! And also thx to Anubis and Finn and all the others, of course!

Well it's not like it's very competitive...

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

great news this alpha is out :-) i definitely want to try it out

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Wait... Is this only a battle or also campaign map and stuff? Anyways, take your time guys I'm really looking forward to see an beta going.

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Cool!!! I will download it ASAP, thanks so much guys for the work done by your team!!!

I hope to see soon the version 1.0

just a question: if Install in the same folder of EB, can I play with both?

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Only Battles . Join the EBO community for more .
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Sounds interesting.
    Last edited by swabian; July 24, 2012 at 06:57 AM.

ryder_alexander's Avatar Laetus

Will there be a civil war?

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    It may also be the RS2 environments. The newer models are M2TW quality if I recall correctly, except they're fierce Celts rather than ugly peasants.
    They're very nice looking. Can't wait to play the finished product. So exciting to see an overhaul of one of the best mods of RTW.

Quote Originally Posted by ryder_alexander View Post
    Will there be a civil war?
    Sure, the campaing will feature civil wars for both Rome and Parthia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast