Thread: NEW: TROM v1.70

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default NEW: TROM v1.70

It's not dead, it's finished!

Dear all,

Though I have pretty much left the modding scene, I picked up Empire Total War again after two long years. What started as a plan to fix "just a few minor annoyances" resulted in a major overhaul of just about every aspect of the mod. So here it is, The Rights of Man v1.70 (FINAL EDITION).

Because I initially did not plan another release, the changelog is may be rather vague. To make a long story short, v1.70 brings:
    • New naval and land battle mechanics, based on the fine work by Yarkis in TROM2 NTW.
    • Revised unit stats, costs, and recruitment requirements
    • Fine-tuned many aspects of the campaign (building/tech bonuses, traits, economics, diplomacy...)
    • A new campaign difficulty system: I don't think anyone plays on "Easy", so this level has become what used to be "Medium". "Medium" and "Hard" are now mostly similar with regard to bonuses and penalties, the main difference being the AI's strategic and diplomatic aggressiveness. "Very Hard" is, well, very hard

Consider this the Final Version of TROM ETW. I'm afraid I do not have the time to work on large modding projects such as these, and I always wanted it to end with a nice, even version number.

Regards,

Johan217
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Default Re: NEW: TROM v1.70

Consider this the Final Version of TROM ETW. I'm afraid I do not have the time to work on large modding projects such as these, and I always wanted it to end with a nice, even version number.
    That's unfortunate, because now I can't get past Jamestown episode I without it crashing to desktop.

Ah... sorry about that.

The RTI Episode IV Campaign (the final one, starting in 1783) is the one I meant. I must admit I didn't look at the tutorials. If you want to play those, stick to vanilla and apply TROM only when you reach Episode IV. In any case, the tutorials use specific units with exaggerated stats, which I left unchanged, so you wouldn't get much benefit from using the mod to play them anyway. They are tutorials after all

I'll look into what causes it, but unfortunately I am leaving on holiday for a week tomorrow.
    Last edited by Johan217; July 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM.

OK then, thanks for all the effort.

Could you please attach your savegame, or tell me at what point exactly you get the CTD?
    I was able to play the Episode I campaign (the tutorial battle, cutscenes, and the first few turns into the tutorial campaign) without problems.

I don't have the save anymore
    But in Episode I near the very end; IIRC it crashes just as, or immediately after the port is upgraded to meet the final objective criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Isildurs_bane View Post
    I don't have the save anymore
    But in Episode I near the very end; IIRC it crashes just as, or immediately after the port is upgraded to meet the final objective criteria.
    Thanks for the information. It happens to me too (the turn when the Fishery is to be completed).

The only reason I can think of is that with TROM, the Fishery adds a trade lane, while the Tutorial campaign does not allow trade lanes. So I am afraid there is nothing I can do about it, because removing the trade lane would affect the balance of the main campaigns.

What I can do is add a disclaimer: "Warning: the tutorial campaigns will not work with this mod, or produce unwanted results"
    Last edited by Johan217; July 31, 2012 at 07:46 AM.

I seem to be missing the new 5th rates. In my naval recruitment tab I have a 24 gun frigate and a 50 gun 5th rate with no 32 gun ship in between. It looks like the 32 gun 6th rates were just changed to the 24 gun frigate with no new unit added.
    Last edited by Arthur Artorius; August 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM.

Each event is proceeded by prophecy, but without the hero there is no event...

The nomenclature has been changed to be more representative of ship ratings used in the mid 18th century. The number of guns in the names is a generalisation since it cannot be modded in the game AFAIK.

- 120 gun ("over 1st rate") SotL
    - 110 gun (1st rate) Sotl
    - 90 gun (2nd rate) SotL
    - 74 gun (3rd rate) SotL
    - 60 gun (4th rate) SotL
    - 50 gun (4th rate) SotL -> early type man of war, "5th rate frigate" in vanilla ETW
    - 32 gun (5th rate) Frigate -> late type frigate, "6th rate frigate" in vanilla ETW
    - 24 gun (6th rate) Frigate -> early type frigate, this is actually the new unit (uses the model of the Carronade Frigate, but with regular guns)

Check the building browser in your game. The 32 gun Frigate should appear in a Drydock or higher.
    Last edited by Johan217; August 15, 2012 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks for your harding working!

Hello,

The download link doesn't works! Is there another link to have obtain this mod that seems to be great?

Thanks!

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

The download link does not work for me. This is what I get:

Firefox can't find the file at http://media1.gamefront.com/guploads...31709778bbc8c2.

Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.
    RTWRM - back to basics

I have tried Firefox and it worked for me and also on Chrome, maybe it is some connection issues. (I just tested the links; it opens a new empty tab and the download location explorer pops up)
    炸鸡

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

It is not a connection issue. I saw that somebody else posted about having the same issue. So, it is not just me. For that reason, I went online and found out that Gamefront has changed its site policy and they banned "half the world" to discourage any use of their site for pirated content deposit. Now, can another download link be presented because I really want to give this mod a try? Thanks!
    Last edited by Petroniu; October 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
    RTWRM - back to basics

this is a great mod indeed...
    tryng to download again... unsucessfull.... Download liink is bad....
    plase someone that have it could send me..
    and the hotfix too, please

EDIT: some one shared a link
    it s in chinese but is very easy to find and download it..
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ot-1-7x-quot-)
    Last edited by Charbel; October 30, 2013 at 08:54 PM.