Thread: Increased General Recruitment (Request)

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Default Increased General Recruitment (Request)

I would like to request a mod (for both the vanilla game and FoTS) that either lets us recruit Generals on a whim like a regular unit (which may be better for the fact that we could give them weapon and armor upgrades that way), or a mod that vastly increases the chances of Battlefield Promotion and the Enlistment event. In Shogun 2 the only unit you can really get attached to is your General. Names, portraits, skill trees, unique models. Everything else is a nameless, faceless unit... Unfortunately you will only get 4-5 of them, if you are very lucky, or if you keep bribing Generals from other Factions.. which feels cheap and counter productive if you want there to be many Generals in the world for everyone. I would like to have enough Generals that I can use them as regular units even and not just have them sit in the back of the army.

If I had it my way every regular unit in the game would have their own lesser version of a skill tree, with their own lesser leaders whose names show up beyond when they are the defacto leader of the army via no General being present. Unfortunately I do not think this is possible.. so the above is the next best thing to getting more attachment with your units! Maybe in Rome 2... hopefully in Rome 2....

Also it would help to remove the Upstart General negative loyalty trait from the game with a mod like this or else everyone will hate everyone. I don't know if the more Generals you have who are non family members the less chance you are to have offspring, but if that is the case, it would be nice to mod out that chance reducer as well so that traditional families do not die out. Would like to know in advance how to make it compatible with TROM3 and Darth Mod as well.

Edit: I found this mod! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=534079 but I am not sure if it contributes to reducing the chance of Enlistment, Battlefield Promotion, and Offspring. Would like to make sure those factors are removed.
    Last edited by McCarronXLD; July 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Fire-dweller's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Increased General Recruitment (Request)

I am not sure about that mod, either. I want enlistment and promotion to occur with greater probability in all 3 campaigns, however.
    Nothing is an absolute reality, everything is permitted. La shay' haqiqah, koulo shay' moumkin.

Default Re: Increased General Recruitment (Request)

you may wanna check this one then
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=534079