Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: War of the Chaos Gods!

Default Re: War of the Chaos Gods!

I like Khorne most. Mostly because of Kharne. He's a hell of a guy.

Besides that, he's.. uncomplicated. Even though he is the God of violence, he still has a honour code (I like to forget that's been scrapped) and he has the coolest champions. (Kharn)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.

The reason Nurgle can never be the most powerful is that his power is never constant. As with diseases it reaches a peak and then when the disease dies down so does Nurgles power.
    Art //

Colgate's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetRegistered View Post
    I like Khorne most. Mostly because of Kharne. He's a hell of a guy.

Besides that, he's.. uncomplicated. Even though he is the God of violence, he still has a honour code (I like to forget that's been scrapped) and he has the coolest champions. (Kharn)
    I like to forget that whole version existed, because its BS that the honour code was scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    The reason Nurgle can never be the most powerful is that his power is never constant. As with diseases it reaches a peak and then when the disease dies down so does Nurgles power.
    Yeah, that's a shame. :/

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetRegistered View Post
    I thought the fluff is change to "Khorne does not care what you kill but the sacrifices to bring to it must be warriors."
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I thought the fluff is change to "Khorne does not care what you kill but the sacrifices to bring to it must be warriors."
    It used to be that Khorne doesn't like the killing of the week, and that his followers should only seek out the strongest opponents.

It was suggested, at one point, that Khorne even defends the weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Colgate View Post
    It used to be that Khorne doesn't like the killing of the week, and that his followers should only seek out the strongest opponents.
    My lord still does not like the killing of the weaks, but it respects everyone has private life so as long as you don't kill the weaks under its name, it is fine.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

My lord still does not like the killing of the weaks, but it respects everyone has private life so as long as you don't kill the weaks under its name, it is fine.
    Lord Khorne is still the best god. ^.^

Pantsalot's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    But he also benefits from despair and degradation of all kinds, which is pretty damn constant in the 40k
    universe, a disease is more of a particular surge of power to him like a large-scale war is to Khorne & a
    built up plan is to Tzeentch right? It could be argued that each of the gods (except maybe Slaanesh )
    have their moments of being the most powerful but then are brought back down either by the others or
    the loss of the power source.

Though this is mostly going by the daemon codex, which is not always deemed to be the most comprehensive
    fluff..

The Daemon Codex is always relevant. Obviously it talks about Nurgles changing power in relation to the Great Game in the Warp, but remember, the Chaos Gods barely give a slight care to the mortal world. If anything its the individual daemons who end up messing with the material realm more so than the chaos gods, as should they devote time to achieve something specific there it takes up a lot of their power, which they are reluctant to use as it will weaken them in the great game.

And Nurgle is the one that is most affected by his changing power. Slaanesh is always the weakest god and as such uses other methods to get ahead in the great game, rather than just power. Tzeench used to be the most powerful, but is relegated to 2nd overall as the other gods will never let him get control again (And his scheming is often bad for him too). Khorne's power is constant as it is fuelled by all of the base human emotions (Which everyone feels). Still he is only powerful because humanity is the dominant race in the galaxy and he has always been linked closely with humans. Some try to argue that orks fuel his power, but we know that Khorne cannot steal the power of Gork or Mork, due to their elusive nature in the warp.
    Art //

Khorne can nevertheless gain benefit from Eldar and Tyranid, which quite enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Colgate View Post
    Only if that dust is covered in blood.

We require none of those primitive fluids mutt

Khorne can nevertheless gain benefit from Eldar and Tyranid, which quite enough.
    From Eldar yes, but not from Tyranids. Chaos Gods cannot gain power from something that does not feel, and has no sentient mind or true connection to the warp.

And the Eldar are insignificant. The kind of sustenance Khorne gets from the Eldar is comparable to the amount of nutrients you get from a single pea.
    Art //

Indefinitely Banned

Only Slaneesh seems to be interested in Eldar souls.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My favorite chaos god is Nurgle, because all his followers are his children.

We're just one big, happy, family!
    Last edited by Ciciro; July 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM.

Not from eldar......as eldar soulstones keep them them from feeding any of the chaos gods, dark eldar just cheat by drinking someone else's soul to keep their own or burning souls as resources.....

Even with a rare few eldar souls to offer..slannesh is going to get first dibs

Nids only provide fresh crops to reap, but they gain nothing from nid death...only alot of killing time....n body count

Humans provide the most for Khorne simple as that.....
    Last edited by Okuto; July 23, 2012 at 05:19 PM.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Why is Tzeentch scheming bad for him?

Its not bad for him......it just makes him very fickle...sometimes he changes objectives of a plot in mid action or he spares a victim the plot was suppose to kill cause said victim can be useful later on as a pawn......

The only "bad thing" would be that while all the other gods are impulsive and quick to action, Tzeentch takes things at a slow ponderous pace....

Where's Khorne would kick down the door and kill everyone, Slannesh would just flash everyone to get followers, Nurgle would throw out it's trash on some poor bastards.....

Tzeentch would wait it out and strike only when a good chance presents itself, for sometimes the enemy can be used at a later date, no need to kill them all.....

Of all the gods, Tzeentch is the most thorough, Khorne leaves a bloody mess and headless corpses, Slannesh leaves excessive waste and Nurgle just....urrgghhh leaves dug everywhere....

Tzeentch leaves no evidence that he was ever there

Tzeentch doesn't have as many followers as the other gods so he has to play it smart

Tzeentch leaves mass mutation everywhere he goes.

Blah that was just nurgle

In fantasy perhaps but tzeentch doesn't seem to leave much in 40k....esp his followers....all they leave is dust....maybe the odd corpse that's bloated in mutlicolor

Tzeentch has been very behind the scenes in 40k rather than in fantasy.....
    Last edited by Okuto; July 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

Nah it pretty evident in alot of the fluff if tzeentch does anything at all, mass mutations will follow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast