Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: War of the Chaos Gods!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Colgate's Avatar Libertus

Default War of the Chaos Gods!

Which Chaos god is the best, and why?

I insist that you must put down some kind of reason within the thread. >

I personally vote for Khorne, because his cultists are ruthless and renown in battle.

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!

(For the life of me I cant figure out how to make a poll. >.>)

Default Re: War of the Chaos Gods!

Khorne followers are just brainless psychopathic murderers.....they have no finesse nor any plans, all they care about is killing and blood letting. They have no goals besides collecting petty tickets from their bloody harvest

My Lord the changer of ways however at least has plans and goals besides getting my next kill.....

So thus I find Tzeentch to be the best of the chaos gods as he at least has goals and objectives. Where's khorne just likes bloodshed and testing one's might, Slannesh just lays around pleasuring itself and that fool Nurgle nurtures his "garden" at least Tzeentch has a boatload of plans, objectives.

All the other chaos gods are just kids at the playground, Tzeencth is the only one who actually has long term plans.

Khorne is the kid that likes to run around boasting how awesome he is

Slannesh is the pretty boy/hot chick that's too busy thinking about what he/she's going to wear the next day and what he/she's going to eat

Nurgle is the kid who likes to talk about his latest experiments and doesn't mention to you when he does one on you

Tzeentch is the quiet kid who drowns out all the noise and plots how he's going to steal Khorne's lunch money, butter Slannesh up to steal his/her snacks and ruin Nurgle's latest experiment

But anyways Tzeentch is the best imo cause he at least has a plan, all the other chaos gods are just lazy with only short term goals.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Tzeentch's goal is plotting for the sake of plotting, not much else. Overall it is possible to say Khorne and Slaanesh are two much more interesting Chaos Gods, while Nurgle, with its twisted version of love, come close to third.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

I personally like some parts of all of them, although I prefer Tzeentch above all others. Who doesn't want to wield all powerful magic? With Nurgle you got love, but you are rotted to the core. Khorne will get you killed in the blink of an eye, and well I don't think you do much as a Slanneshi, you don't even care if you win or lose as long as you feel something.

By the way this thread made me think on what happened to our local Slanneshi cultists, anyone know?

We at least plot long term....finish an objective and move on or reuse it at a later point but mainly the thing that stands out with Tzeentch is he's not all about destruction, a victim of one of his ploys could be useful later on.

Where's Khorne just brings carnage and moves on, Tzeentch takes just enough so that it may be useful again

Where's Slannesh gorges itself in excess, Tzeentch only takes what it needs and save the rest for later

Where's Nurgle lays waste to everything, Tzeentch would rather see it evolve and change.

When the gods fight among themselves Tzeentch is the first to come to reason

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    We at least plot long term....
    Plot what long term? Lord of Change always changes its objective every second without a fixed goal.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Well, Tzeench's long term goal, is ultimately to become the strongest Chaos power in the Warp.

Slaanesh is just...well....Slaanish is just...there. Has she/he/it ever done anything?

I'm not entirely sure what Nurgle's goal is, though, I believe that its just to have things decay and die.

I like Khorne because not only are his followers destructive and nigh unbeatable in a straight fight, but because he seeks just to slay his enemy and move on, and benefits from it. Its quick, efficient, and awesomely bloody.

Though, I myself have been known to just worship Chaos Undivided.

Quote Originally Posted by Colgate View Post
    Well, Tzeench's long term goal, is ultimately to become the strongest Chaos power in the Warp.
    That actually is difficult to conclude since Tzeentch changes its goal every second, so whether it actually cares to be the most powerful deity or not is questionable. Besides, Chaos God's power is heavily depending on how much energy it can gather from mortals, hence unless Tzeentch finds some efficient way to gather its own energy, it would never beat Khorne in long term (but may be the false hope of "Emperor Reborn" can gather considerable energy for Tzeentch, although it still cannot compete all violent and rage energy Khorne can have from all the conflicts in material + immaterial dimmension).

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    That actually is difficult to conclude since Tzeentch changes its goal every second, so whether it actually cares to be the most powerful deity or not is questionable. Besides, Chaos God's power is heavily depending on how much energy it can gather from mortals, hence unless Tzeentch finds some efficient way to gather its own energy, it would never beat Khorne in long term (but may be the false hope of "Emperor Reborn" can gather considerable energy for Tzeentch, although it still cannot compete all violent and rage energy Khorne can have from all the conflicts in material + immaterial dimmension).
    You make a strong argument.

I'm not entirely about how Tzeentch gather its energy, but im sure its based around Psykers and the Telepaths, as well as Naviagors using their specific abilities, which ultimately, im sure, brings them closer to the warp.(This is especially true of Magnus The Red's legion.)

That's my two cents on the subject, however. Feel free to show me wrong.

Tzeentch is also the god of hope and ambition. That Guardsman bucking for promotion? Tzeentch is their. That mother hoping her child gets to eat today? Him again. That Ecclesiach plotting to gain control of a shrine world? Him again.

the chaos gods fail in every reality I beleive they are all equally loathsome! juar my 2 cents
    I check into small hotel a few kilometers from Kiev. It is late. I am tired. I tell woman at desk I want a room. She tells me room number and give key. "But one more thing comrade; there is one room without number and always lock. Don't even peek in there." I take key and go to room to sleep. Night comes and I hear trickling of water. It comes from the room across. I cannot sleep so I open door. It is coming from room with no number. I pound on door. No response. I look in keyhole. I see nothing except red. Water still trickling. I go down to front desk to complain. "By the way who is in that room?" She look at me and begin to tell story. There was woman in there. Murdered by her husband. Skin all white, except her eyes, which were red. I tell her I don't give a . Stop the water trickling or give me refund. She gave me 100 ruble credit and free breakfast. Such is life in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by Moorish guy View Post
    the chaos gods fail in every reality I beleive they are all equally loathsome! juar my 2 cents

Death to the false Emperor.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Tzeentch always uses 'Just as planned' to negate the Epic Fail mode he's actually in. He'd like to have you believe it was his plan all along to fail...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Drunk Penguin View Post
    Tzeentch always uses 'Just as planned' to negate the Epic Fail mode he's actually in. He'd like to have you believe it was his plan all along to fail...
    Meanwhile, the skull throne gets more skulls. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Pony space marines? I think so.

Indefinitely Banned

No one of them can the best. If that would ever happen, then chaos would cease to exist.

Currently Khorne is the dominant one, I believe. But the great game goes on, and soon one of the other gods replaces him.

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Omnisiah View Post
    Currently Khorne is the dominant one, I believe. But the great game goes on, and soon one of the other gods replaces him.
    Not really, since Khorne has been the most powerful Chaos God for considerable time, and the coming slaughter of Tyranid would ensure Khorne reaches a new level of power never appearing before.

Indefinitely Banned

Not really, since Khorne has been the most powerful Chaos God for considerable time, and the coming slaughter of Tyranid would ensure Khorne reaches a new level of power never appearing before.
    The other gods will take measures to prevent this for sure.

Whatever those plans are, they haven't put them into effect yet.

Like deflect the endless Tyranid hive fleets coming to Milky galaxy? That would be pretty irony be honest.

Our plots are many, if the changer of ways sees fit to change the objective slightly then we play. But the desire of knowledge is always our Lord's goal, a more worthy one than slaughtering lambs, self pleasure and decay I assure you
    I always doubt the desire of knowledge is belonging to Slaanesh's domain or Tzeentch's domain; afterall, isn't self-satisfaction more close to pleasure domain of Slaanesh?

We do not fail, we regroup and replan while Khorne rather die with piles of bodies around him, Slannesh rather die with a smile and nurgle rather die...wait that bastard cheats.....nevermind that turd
    We? Who is we here? I thought Tzeentch only cares about itself and use its followers as cannon fodder for its "goal"?

In the end you all further my Lord Tzeentch's goals
    That also includes you, Tzeentch pawn.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; July 19, 2012 at 01:25 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Like deflect the endless Tyranid hive fleets coming to Milky galaxy? That would be pretty irony be honest.
    It wouldn't be really hard for ex. for Nurgle to unleash a plague on the Tyranids (I think the wiping of one of the leviathan splinter fleets with biological virus by space marines must have fed Nurgle's power.)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast